X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...outputType=amp

U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan cannot scrutinize the Justice Department’s decision to drop its long-running prosecution of President Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn and must dismiss the case, a federal appeals court ruled Wednesday.
    In a 2-1 decision, the court said it is not within the judge’s power to prolong the prosecution or examine the government’s motives for its reversal in the politically charged case.
    It's not over yet. Sullivan can still ask for a hearing, or the full court could decide on its own to revisit the case (this ruling was only 3 judges).

The thought of the DOJ having to justify their reasoning for throwing out Flynn's case is the nightmare scenario for Barr/Trump. As we saw today, they will use every tool they have to prevent that.

Comment

It's not over yet. Sullivan can still ask for a hearing, or the full court could decide on its own to revisit the case (this ruling was only 3 judges).

The thought of the DOJ having to justify their reasoning for throwing out Flynn's case is the nightmare scenario for Barr/Trump. As we saw today, they will use every tool they have to prevent that.
      Every tool? You mean like "get him to lie", wiretapping, coercion, spying on your political opponent, paying a foreign government for a fake dossier, illegal FISA warrants, and insurance policies? If Trump is anything like Obama, he has plenty more tools in his chest

Comment

Please, I beg you. Please keep pursuing the truth. I hope it goes all the way to the Supreme Court so it will get the air time it deserves. Hmm, You don’t sound as sure as you did a couple months ago

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/str...den-flynn-case

Michael Flynn’s lawyers said newly uncovered notes from former FBI official Peter Strzok indicate then-FBI Director James Comey appeared to downplay Flynn’s calls during the presidential transition with Russia's*ambassador as “legit” during*a meeting where then-President Barack Obama and then-Vice President Joe Biden also weighed in.

Powell wrote that the notes show that “Director Comey himself and the highest levels of the Obama Administration had the transcripts of Flynn’s phone calls with officials of other countries and knew General Flynn’s calls were lawful and proper.”

“Strzok’s notes believed to be of January 4, 2017, reveal that former President Obama, James Comey, Sally Yates, Joe Biden, and apparently Susan Rice discussed the transcripts of Flynn’s calls and how to proceed against him,” Powell wrote. “Mr. Obama himself directed that ‘the right people’ investigate General Flynn.”

She added: “This caused former FBI Director Comey to acknowledge the obvious: General Flynn’s phone calls with Ambassador Kislyak ‘appear legit.’”

Powell also wrote that according to the notes “it appears that Vice President Biden personally raised the idea of the Logan Act.”

Comment

It was all Obama after all... what a crook he was ... I told you Libtards he was going to be a horrible, criminal President and Beijing Biden is a chip off the old block too.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...th-bill-ayers/
          Strzok Notes Reveal Obama Directed Flynn Investigation, Biden Raised Logan Act Violation

Butt hurt Trump was going to reverse everything Obama created, which he did, because the electorate voted for it.

Comment

It was all Obama after all... what a crook he was ... I told you Libtards he was going to be a horrible, criminal President and Beijing Biden is a chip off the old block too.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...th-bill-ayers/
            Strzok Notes Reveal Obama Directed Flynn Investigation, Biden Raised Logan Act Violation

Butt hurt Trump was going to reverse everything Obama created, which he did, because the electorate voted for it.
            https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...act-violation/

Comment

You need to read the lawfareblog piece again. None of these things you are calling "corrupt processes" are outside the bounds of what is legal, acceptable, and commonplace in criminal investigations. Neither the Supreme Court nor any appeals courts have ruled otherwise.

You have no basis to continue whining about this, unless you consider right-wing media a higher legal authority than the U.S. court system.
              I hate to have to re-post this again, but the Useful Idiot still seems to think that a recent series of obstructionist hail-Mary's being hurled by the trump administration have some bearing on Flynn's guilt or innocence.

The only thing left is a decision by judge Sullivan on whether to abide by the rule of law, or cave to political pressure from a corrupt administration.

Comment

I hate to have to re-post this again, but the Useful Idiot still seems to think that a recent series of obstructionist hail-Mary's being hurled by the trump administration have some bearing on Flynn's guilt or innocence.

The only thing left is a decision by judge Sullivan on whether to abide by the rule of law, or cave to political pressure from a corrupt administration.
                Read the upper courts opinion and see who is really abiding by the rule of law? Like you, this judge’s impartiality is being clouded by his personal animus towards a defendant. He has made that abundantly clear. I hope he continues to push this. I really do because the longer it drags out the more we learn. Think about this, before this all started we had no idea the Comey deemed Flynn’s call as “legit”. We never knew Comey moved to drop the investigation at the very beginning due to lack of evidence. We are now learning from testimonies, emails, and personal notes that something much larger was happening. Yep, I’m 100% behind judge Sullivan on this one. Let’s keep it going as long as possible.

Comment

Wrong again, troll-breath

Read the upper courts opinion and see who is really abiding by the rule of law? Like you, this judge’s impartiality is being clouded by his personal animus towards a defendant. He has made that abundantly clear. I hope he continues to push this. I really do because the longer it drags out the more we learn. Think about this, before this all started we had no idea the Comey deemed Flynn’s call as “legit”. We never knew Comey moved to drop the investigation at the very beginning due to lack of evidence. We are now learning from testimonies, emails, and personal notes that something much larger was happening. Yep, I’m 100% behind judge Sullivan on this one. Let’s keep it going as long as possible.
                  "The judge in Michael Flynn’s criminal case asked a federal appeals court Thursday to reconsider its ruling ordering him to dismiss the criminal case against the former national security advisor to President Donald Trump."

"Judge Emmet Sullivan’s lawyer asked for a so-called en banc review of the 2-1 decision of the three-judge appeals court panel."

"If the review is granted, all active judges on the appeals court would rehear Flynn’s argument that the case needs to be dismissed by Sullivan, without any delay or input from outside parties, as Sullivan has allowed."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/09/judg...lynn-case.html

The corrupt and flawed case brought by Trump's DOJ is about to be laid bare for all to see. This is Barr's/Trump's worst nightmare. It's highly likely the full court will reject the previous ruling and allow Flynn's case to proceed. It looks like justice is poised to prevail here. Mr. Flynn shouldn't make any long-term plans.

Comment

"The judge in Michael Flynn’s criminal case asked a federal appeals court Thursday to reconsider its ruling ordering him to dismiss the criminal case against the former national security advisor to President Donald Trump."

"Judge Emmet Sullivan’s lawyer asked for a so-called en banc review of the 2-1 decision of the three-judge appeals court panel."

"If the review is granted, all active judges on the appeals court would rehear Flynn’s argument that the case needs to be dismissed by Sullivan, without any delay or input from outside parties, as Sullivan has allowed."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/09/judg...lynn-case.html

The corrupt and flawed case brought by Trump's DOJ is about to be laid bare for all to see. This is Barr's/Trump's worst nightmare. It's highly likely the full court will reject the previous ruling and allow Flynn's case to proceed. It looks like justice is poised to prevail here. Mr. Flynn shouldn't make any long-term plans.
                    As predicted, the full court rejected the previous ruling. The world now has the opportunity to hear the DOJ's corrupt and flawed explanation for why Flynn's case should be dismissed. This is Barr's/Trump's worst nightmare. I have my popcorn ready.
                    https://www.law.com/nationallawjourn...20200702172956

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X