Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GOP need to ditch Trump and nominate an electable candidate!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    silly con. H1N1 resulted in an incremental 17K deaths over season flu over the course of one year. We're four months into Covid with 140,000 dead, with extreme measures taken by governors to save lives, not Trump (even his China travel "ban" was barely a ban).

Even after the White House issued re-opening guidelines that were lauded as being fact based and reasonable, Trump immediately started attacking blue state governors who were actually following the guidelines. But that wasn't fast enough for his liking ("Liberate Michigan!"). Then he praised red state governors who re-opened way faster than his own WH guidelines. He and the TX governor were practically 69ing on national TV just a few weeks ago. Now look at TX. DeSantis/FL is the same.
    Silly Libtard. H1N1 infected 60,000,000 Americans and it was only by the grace of God that it didn’t carry the mortality rate as COVID does. Could you imagine the devastating loss of life if it did. You know as well as I do we simply got lucky. Obama stopped all testing, did not implement any shutdowns, social distancing, or mask policies. Tens of millions got sick far more than COVID. I don’t think Obama was lazy. I think he knew that there was nothing he could do to stop a epidemic. He relied on herd immunity which ultimately worked. But now for some weird reason, libtards want Trump to fix everything. It’s all Trumps fault...shutdown, testing, and on and on. Funny thing is I don’t recall your fake outrage when H1N1 sickened an extremely large part of our population and tens of thousands died. But hey that was then, right? Got it.

Comment

Silly Libtard. H1N1 infected 60,000,000 Americans and it was only by the grace of God that it didn’t carry the mortality rate as COVID does. Could you imagine the devastating loss of life if it did. You know as well as I do we simply got lucky. Obama stopped all testing, did not implement any shutdowns, social distancing, or mask policies. Tens of millions got sick far more than COVID. I don’t think Obama was lazy. I think he knew that there was nothing he could do to stop a epidemic. He relied on herd immunity which ultimately worked. But now for some weird reason, libtards want Trump to fix everything. It’s all Trumps fault...shutdown, testing, and on and on. Funny thing is I don’t recall your fake outrage when H1N1 sickened an extremely large part of our population and tens of thousands died. But hey that was then, right? Got it.
      No, he listened to scientists and saw that it wasn't horrifically fatal. Many Americans have some flu protections already from having flu a few times in their lifetimes and a large subset getting flu vaccinations. No one has immunity to Covid. We know who is most vulnerable - obviously the elderly. But there are tens of millions of younger Americans who are vulnerable as well because of poor health, comorbidities, compromised immune systems (disease or medical treatments like cancer). Even protecting the elderly is a huge challenge. It's impossible to completely bubble wrap them.

Comment

Btw I had a friend die from H1N1. Healthy and in their mid 40s. Their spouse was seriously ill and in the hospital and they ignored worsening symptoms and were terribly run down. While they were in the hospital one of my kids got it. I wasn't panicked. They recovered just as quickly as they did with seasonal flu. No one else got it in our family. But since that tragedy we get our flu vaccines every year.

Comment

No, he listened to scientists and saw that it wasn't horrifically fatal. Many Americans have some flu protections already from having flu a few times in their lifetimes and a large subset getting flu vaccinations. No one has immunity to Covid. We know who is most vulnerable - obviously the elderly. But there are tens of millions of younger Americans who are vulnerable as well because of poor health, comorbidities, compromised immune systems (disease or medical treatments like cancer). Even protecting the elderly is a huge challenge. It's impossible to completely bubble wrap them.
          You’re exactly right. We haven’t seen anything like this. A disease with no prior immunity. Science and health experts are learning as they go. Libtards keep saying Trump hasn’t listened to the experts but let’s see the info he had to go on. Both Fauci and the WHO came out and said masks aren’t necessary only to change their stance later on. They said it was contact and not respiratory then changed again. They said travel bans weren’t necessary. The initially said it was no worse than the seasonal flu. This notion that it’s all Trumps fault is just ridiculous. No president would have been prepared for this. You know it’s true. Everyone made “mistakes“ from sending positive patients back to nursing homes to promoting national protests in the middle of a global pandemic. Trump still has a country to run. Pandemics are here to stay. We can’t hide from it every time it happens.

Comment

No president would have been prepared for this.
            A grown-up president would have listened to his health and national security advisors, taken the warnings seriously, and demanded action much sooner.

We can’t hide from it every time it happens.
            Agreed. So why did trump hide from it for so long? One could argue he's still hiding, after stopping the daily task force briefings and spewing laughable lies in televised interviews over the weekend.

Comment

A grown-up president would have listened to his health and national security advisors, taken the warnings seriously, and demanded action much sooner.

Agreed. So why did trump hide from it for so long? One could argue he's still hiding, after stopping the daily task force briefings and spewing laughable lies in televised interviews over the weekend.
              He was listening to changing science as we learned about a new virus. Libtards criticized him from the very beginning. You remember the racist travel bans, don’t ya? You were mad when he did it and then became mad because it didn’t go far enough. And where were the Dems during all this...Don’t listen to racist Trump. Get out there and visit Chinatown, plays, and restaurants. Get out and protest. Great leadership for sure.

Trump is hiding? Now that’s funny. Maybe he should pack it all up and quit doing anything like 2009. Then he would be a legend in the eyes of the left.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X