Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coaches that break your players spirit

I don’t understand why coaches feel they need to yell at players the whole game. I’m talking girl players not boys. On the boys side that is common, but on the girls side it effects them differently. It makes them not want to play. It causes them to shut down not step up.
    The problem with our coach is that he knows he does it. He has said several times that he is going to stop doing it but yet here I am posting about it. These coaches need to forget the girls side and stick to boys. My daughter is at the age that most girls drop out of soccer. This coach better not be the reason my daughter quits.
    At this time of the year, what do you do?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don’t understand why coaches feel they need to yell at players the whole game. I’m talking girl players not boys. On the boys side that is common, but on the girls side it effects them differently. It makes them not want to play. It causes them to shut down not step up.
    The problem with our coach is that he knows he does it. He has said several times that he is going to stop doing it but yet here I am posting about it. These coaches need to forget the girls side and stick to boys. My daughter is at the age that most girls drop out of soccer. This coach better not be the reason my daughter quits.
    You are what is wrong with sports and society today helicoptering parent

Comment

You are what is wrong with sports and society today helicoptering parent
      Tell her to suck it up life is not easy

Comment

Stick with the coaches who want to help the players find a passion for soccer.

Comment

Tell her to suck it up life is not easy
          Screaming is not a necessary life lesson. In fact it teaches nothing. Would you allow a teacher to yell at your kid all the time? Or a boss to yell at you all the time? There are ways to motivate and teach kids without screaming.

Comment

To the OP: how old is your player? If she's still young get out. It isn't worth her losing interest and there's other options. If she's older she may need to learn to ignore it if she wants to stay. HS coaches yell a lot. So do college coaches. Thing is it isn't effective when used all the time. It becomes white noise. Using an occasional tirade with purpose and meaning can work when done properly.

Comment

Screaming is not a necessary life lesson. In fact it teaches nothing. Would you allow a teacher to yell at your kid all the time? Or a boss to yell at you all the time? There are ways to motivate and teach kids without screaming.
              Exactly. Coach is just teacher. If u have a crappy coach or teacher I would start with speaking to them about using positive reinforcement to teach your child. If they won't or can't, try to find a new coach or teacher. Your kid will not thrive in a hyper critical learning environment. No people really do

Comment

To the OP: how old is your player? If she's still young get out. It isn't worth her losing interest and there's other options. If she's older she may need to learn to ignore it if she wants to stay. HS coaches yell a lot. So do college coaches. Thing is it isn't effective when used all the time. It becomes white noise. Using an occasional tirade with purpose and meaning can work when done properly.
                Tirade are tirades. Not useful.

Comment

Not saying it's right to yell but how about doing what the coach wants you to do so he doesn't yell?

Comment

Tirade are tirades. Not useful.
                    Nah it's like when a good comic knows when to drop an f bomb and the joke kills vs a bad one uses it every other word. No longer funny

Comment

Not saying it's right to yell but how about doing what the coach wants you to do so he doesn't yell?
                      That could be a part of the problem but it sounds like he does it to every one and has admitted he needs to change. The coach is the adult. If he knows things aren't working he needs to find a new tactic.

Comment

That could be a part of the problem but it sounds like he does it to every one and has admitted he needs to change. The coach is the adult. If he knows things aren't working he needs to find a new tactic.
                        Not necessarily if he’s producing in terms of development. If he is, Susie needs to get over it. If he isn’t, the parents need to move on...pretty simple.

Comment

Not necessarily if he’s producing in terms of development. If he is, Susie needs to get over it. If he isn’t, the parents need to move on...pretty simple.
                          If he has to yell all the time he's probably not "producing".

Comment

Put her in a Sewing, Knitting class, she'll be much more at home.

Comment

Put her in a Sewing, Knitting class, she'll be much more at home.
                              Lol,ain't that the truth. Good advice

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X