Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Can't Women play Attractive Soccer

I watched about 10 minutes of the NCAA semi-finals and was surprised at the poor level of play (especially at what should be a top level). Many of these girls had a poor first touch and no vision on the field. They also made no attempt to play any possession style of play. Lot of just boot it up the field.

I would expect the women to be less athletic than the males but don't understand the lack of skills and poor style of play. I would expect that women could be skilled and and also play possession soccer.

I don't mean to be sexist or anything just seeing if someone has a reason for this. I actually enjoy watching women's tennis more than the men's as an example. The women's tennis is still very skilled and proper style of play. They just don't have anyone serving at 140 which in my opinion makes for more rallies and enjoyable to watch.

Couldn’t agree more. Women’s soccer is unwatchable and nothing like what you see on the tennis circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I watched about 10 minutes of the NCAA semi-finals and was surprised at the poor level of play (especially at what should be a top level). Many of these girls had a poor first touch and no vision on the field. They also made no attempt to play any possession style of play. Lot of just boot it up the field.

I would expect the women to be less athletic than the males but don't understand the lack of skills and poor style of play. I would expect that women could be skilled and and also play possession soccer.

I don't mean to be sexist or anything just seeing if someone has a reason for this. I actually enjoy watching women's tennis more than the men's as an example. The women's tennis is still very skilled and proper style of play. They just don't have anyone serving at 140 which in my opinion makes for more rallies and enjoyable to watch.
      I watched two of the three final games and what I see so often is the women play far more boot ball than the men - and even then they struggle to get distance on the boot. I assume it's because of muscle development vs the men. So many have to swing their entire bodies into the effort.

Comment

ECNL at work guys. No development, just size and speed.

Comment

The women’s game is not a dynamic as mens because women are not as dynamic athletes as men. Pure and simple.

It comes down to testosterone and HGH.

That said, UNC plays and is know for a very direct style of soccer. Push it upfield and make it a track meet. That’s by design. Hate to watch it, and I’m not sure why so many elite players are drawn there. Winning I guess.

Comment

The women’s game is not a dynamic as mens because women are not as dynamic athletes as men. Pure and simple.

That said, UNC plays and is know for a very direct style of soccer. Push it upfield and make it a track meet. That’s by design. Hate to watch it, and I’m not sure why so many elite players are drawn there. Winning I guess.
            American soccer, both men’s and women’s college and pro are unwatchable. There is zero culture for the game in this country and the coaching is god awful from top to bottom. Our men’s team just got abused by England’s reserve squad! Soccer is the fourth level sport here and always will be.

Comment

FSU used to boot up the long ball more but this year the possession was much better. UNC was more physical and impeded FSU's possession more than Stanford, but possession was the factor that gave FSU the edge. That and the international players.

Comment

You don't need testosterone to trap a ball. The first touch on these girls is awful.

Comment

American soccer, both men’s and women’s college and pro are unwatchable. There is zero culture for the game in this country and the coaching is god awful from top to bottom. Our men’s team just got abused by England’s reserve squad! Soccer is the fourth level sport here and always will be.
                  OoooooooooooK,

Then don’t watch. Quit. Nobody cares what you do. Just like nobody care what I do.

I certainly don’t watch MLS. Watch lots of EPL, La Liga, Champions League.

I also, watch a lot of women’s college soccer. It’s a much different version of the same sport, I I can appreciate it for what it is. For me...it’s not either / or problem.

I watch a lot college football as well. Hardly ever watch NFL, but I watched the Rams play the other day and was blown away at how skilled and fast the game was. Doesn’t make the college game less of a sport or less competitive, it’s just different.

Comment

I watched two of the three final games and what I see so often is the women play far more boot ball than the men - and even then they struggle to get distance on the boot. I assume it's because of muscle development vs the men. So many have to swing their entire bodies into the effort.
                    The technical aspect of women’s soccer isn’t bad, but is almost never implemented during competition. When there is a woman that can dribble a bit, or pull off some decent moves, it’s all over social media, but is nothing more than what the average non-professional male can do. The turnover rate in women’s sports is shocking. To me that is the most difficult aspect of women’s team sports and makes the games difficult to watch. Women tend to be very literal in their play. No creativity or vision. It’s most evident in women’s ice hockey, soccer and basketball. Women's international is better, but world wide will always be a bore.

Women’s lax Is direct. There is no creativity needed. The play for the most part is on north south lines, with basic movement and direct runs around the goal area. Quick combination play in lax doesn’t exist and defending is most basic. Tactics are also very basic. This sport seems to work for many girls because they don't need to think.

This will most likely anger people, but I pretty much like looking at hot female players. In soccer many of the players are attractive. They wear their shorts tiny, shirts tight, and looking cute is a part of the game. Many show themselves working out in thongs or tiny outfits or are dolled up in their college uniforms in provocative poses. Women’s college athletic teams now are compitition on Instagram. It’s like a game where they are always raising the bar on how sexy they can look in uniforms. The players all follow each other on social media. Universities know it’s going on, but like the free marketing. An example is a recent graduate and women’s soccer player from Duke University, (morgan_reid) on Instagram, and she is just one example of many. She is a social media star, wears very little clothing on Instagram. Her self-marketing landed her a roster spot on the WPSL NC Courage, she doesn’t play much, but she is on the roster because she is so popular on social media. She just played in the SI Swimsuit beach soccer game at SOCCEREX in Miami.

People freaked out when Sepp Blatter suggested that women should look more provocative to boost the game. Many of the women playing in college now were too young when Blatter made those statements, but the evolution of his idea is happening without anyone even asking the girls to do it. Even for the girls playing it's boring. The sexual aspect is making it fun for them.

Comment

Blatter blabber. It is the men that need to shorten the shorts and wear tight jerseys.

Comment

Blatter blabber. It is the men that need to shorten the shorts and wear tight jerseys.
                        and they already do but for different reasons. it's tougher to grab a jersey and get held when your uniform is tight. same concept in the NFL. women wear tight jerseys to show off what they got...

Comment

and they already do but for different reasons. it's tougher to grab a jersey and get held when your uniform is tight. same concept in the NFL. women wear tight jerseys to show off what they got...
                          It is all about ogling the boys.

Comment

You being played boy. Unless you are a woman - they likely wont be very interested. You should probably go drool over the cheerleaders

Comment

Why is the truth hurting. Roll up those shorts girls.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X