Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just an observation, roster players on CT Div 1 programs:
    CCSU 12
    Sacred Heart 8
    Quinnipiac 7
    Yale 6
    Fairfield 6

CCSU players are largely FSA and the other programs have largely CFC players. CCSU had a very good season and were competitive in an average Conference. Sacred Heart in same conference and are terrible. Fairfield and Quinnipiac both weak teams in an average conference. Yale in a strong conference for women’s soccer. I hear so much on this board how bad FSA is and what a superior program they are. Seems like CCSU are more committed to CT players and doing far better than in state peers. Fairfield and Quinnipiac coaches, in particular, should be reviewed. Fully funded programs in a conference with several underfunded women’s programs. Universities are getting behind women. What are these coaches doing? They are either bringing in poor players who can’t compete or their coaching is poor. Or both???
    Step back from the keyboard. You’re obviously drunk. CCSU had a very good season this year with international players driving the bus. CT kids largely are solid role players there but without the INTs they would be a below average team. QU has been to the playoffs 3 start years, reaching the final once and the semis once. I’d say that’s a decent run. Yale an off year, but had some injuries. Can happen to anyone. Hartford a good year in an average conference. FU and SHU have new coaches. Can’t even judge them for a few years although I am interested to see their recruiting classes for 2019 to see the direction that are headed. You also forgot the biggest D1 in that state dummy. UConn. New coach as well. Jury out in Storrs.

Bottom line is the best CT players have been heading out of state to BC, Penn State, Rutgers and Colgate. A base of the best CT players can win in D1. The question is whether any of those schools can get them to stay in state.

Comment

Actually, the OP said it... “CCSU players are largely FSA.”
      Never said he was dependent on CT players or FSA players. Said that they have 12 CT players and they are largely from FSA. CCSU has a larger number of CT girls and they had a good year, that is what I said and that is my point. My other point was that the CT players on the other teams are from CFC for the most part. What I failed to mention about these programs is that they all have CFC Coaches. What are these guys doing, there teams are doing poorly and in the case of Quinnipiac and Fairfield they are fully funded. Shame on you guys!!

Comment

Never said he was dependent on CT players or FSA players. Said that they have 12 CT players and they are largely from FSA. CCSU has a larger number of CT girls and they had a good year, that is what I said and that is my point. My other point was that the CT players on the other teams are from CFC for the most part. What I failed to mention about these programs is that they all have CFC Coaches. What are these guys doing, there teams are doing poorly and in the case of Quinnipiac and Fairfield they are fully funded. Shame on you guys!!
        FU coach isn’t a CFC coach and is new. QU has made the playoffs 3 years in a row and the final once. How is that poor? SHU coaches are new and will get it turned around in short order. CCSU was mediocre for a few years before this year. It happens.

Comment

FU coach isn’t a CFC coach and is new. QU has made the playoffs 3 years in a row and the final once. How is that poor? SHU coaches are new and will get it turned around in short order. CCSU was mediocre for a few years before this year. It happens.
          Quinnipiac has been poor for close to 20 years now. To be fair I should say average, they are a .500 team. Year in and year out this team is never more than 1-2 games under or over .500. Their high water mark was 2016 when they won 12 games and got trounced by Monmouth in the conference final. QU had seven Internationals on their roster. Remember, Quinnipiac is fully funded. In the MAAC Conference there are only 4 fully funded women’s soccer programs. QU and FU are two of them. These coaches are frauds. They are supported by their Institution, have top level facilities and can’t do a better than .500 against programs. Who don’t have same support.

Comment

Just an observation, roster players on CT Div 1 programs:
            CCSU 12
            Sacred Heart 8
            Quinnipiac 7
            Yale 6
            Fairfield 6

CCSU players are largely FSA and the other programs have largely CFC players. CCSU had a very good season and were competitive in an average Conference. Sacred Heart in same conference and are terrible. Fairfield and Quinnipiac both weak teams in an average conference. Yale in a strong conference for women’s soccer. I hear so much on this board how bad FSA is and what a superior program they are. Seems like CCSU are more committed to CT players and doing far better than in state peers. Fairfield and Quinnipiac coaches, in particular, should be reviewed. Fully funded programs in a conference with several underfunded women’s programs. Universities are getting behind women. What are these coaches doing? They are either bringing in poor players who can’t compete or their coaching is poor. Or both???
            UB is DII, but still worthy of your analysis.

Comment

UB is DII, but still worthy of your analysis.
              It’s D2, man, cmon. Not to mention that UB probably doesn’t have 5 Americans on their roster much less players from CT.

Comment

QU has made the playoffs 3 years in a row??? So what??? More than half the conference does. You don’t even have to be good in the MAAC to make Conference. If that is your standard then you are in trouble.

Comment

CFC Coaches have insulated themselves nicely. They have a good thing going and want to protect their business interests. They have several CT College positions covered. They make good money with the club and use their positions at the colleges to dial out scholarships. They also make plenty of connections with other mid major programs for other players. Rinse and repeat every year.

Comment

CFC Coaches have insulated themselves nicely. They have a good thing going and want to protect their business interests. They have several CT College positions covered. They make good money with the club and use their positions at the colleges to dial out scholarships. They also make plenty of connections with other mid major programs for other players. Rinse and repeat every year.
                    Agreed. They provide good options for those that want to stay close to home, but also have connections through college and club to help place players at programs out of state. Some at mid majors. Some big programs. Some high academic DIII programs. Seems to be working.

Comment

QU has made the playoffs 3 years in a row??? So what??? More than half the conference does. You don’t even have to be good in the MAAC to make Conference. If that is your standard then you are in trouble.
                      What’s your standard, dummy? Whether half make it or not is irrelevant. They’re all similar schools in terms of size and academics. Other than Monmouth, it depends on the year for the rest. Nothing wrong with being a consistent playoff team in a DI conference. You expect them to contend for a Natty Champ? Lol

Comment

What’s your standard, dummy? Whether half make it or not is irrelevant. They’re all similar schools in terms of size and academics. Other than Monmouth, it depends on the year for the rest. Nothing wrong with being a consistent playoff team in a DI conference. You expect them to contend for a Natty Champ? Lol
                        You are really missing the point here. Monmouth is fully funded and look at what they do year in and year out....Win! They win during the year and they win the conference. QU is also fully funded and they are .500 every year. The MAAC conference is not equal in women’s soccer. Seven of the MAAC schools in women’s soccer only fund their program at 6 equivalents or less. So ask yourself, why can Monmouth do it but QU can’t. QU has had the same hacks running the show and still can’t get it going.

Comment

It’s D2, man, cmon. Not to mention that UB probably doesn’t have 5 Americans on their roster much less players from CT.
                          No American in their right mind would go to Bridgeport

Comment

You are really missing the point here. Monmouth is fully funded and look at what they do year in and year out....Win! They win during the year and they win the conference. QU is also fully funded and they are .500 every year. The MAAC conference is not equal in women’s soccer. Seven of the MAAC schools in women’s soccer only fund their program at 6 equivalents or less. So ask yourself, why can Monmouth do it but QU can’t. QU has had the same hacks running the show and still can’t get it going.
                            I’ll take a stab at this one. Because Monmouth is in Jersey, which is a hot bed for soccer. But even at that, they get their doors kicked in outside the conference every time they reach the NCAAs. Not exactly a powerhouse nationally. QU has definitely taken a leap forward the last few years. They were a sub .500 program a few years ago that usually missed the playoffs. Since fully funding it, they are usually a playoff team and above .500. Maybe next year they make the jump forward.

Comment

I’ll take a stab at this one. Because Monmouth is in Jersey, which is a hot bed for soccer. But even at that, they get their doors kicked in outside the conference every time they reach the NCAAs. Not exactly a powerhouse nationally. QU has definitely taken a leap forward the last few years. They were a sub .500 program a few years ago that usually missed the playoffs. Since fully funding it, they are usually a playoff team and above .500. Maybe next year they make the jump forward.
                              Seems like the mid majors are a crap shoot most years. Largely dependent on coaches finding some quality kids. Let’s face it, top players don’t end up in the MAAC or NEC. Quinnipiac underachieved this year. Couldn’t close the tough games. For most CT top club players, this level is ideal. Doesn’t seem like DC recruits very many local kids

Comment

I agree with you that Monmouth is a step below teams once they get to NCAA’s but they do play some good non conference opponents. I also agree the focus there recruiting largely on Jersey kids, they do not recruit international kids. All homegrown local kids. You are also right QU does not recruit a ton of CT kids. QU has a bevy of CFC coaches and access to ECNL but they still can’t get it right. Why can’t they get it right. CFC are best players in CT (check), ECNL is bra league in the country (check)...then why can’t you identify 11 strong players in your travels, coach them up and....JUST WIN BABY!! You guys are a bunch of blow Garda who couldn’t coach your way out of a paper bag.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X