Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can almost assure you the owner and head coach don’t give any thought at all to the kiddie soccer programs. Yes they are required to have an acad but nobody cares. They have real business to take care of. The kiddie daycare programs are of no concern.
    Let me tell you something about the 'Timbers/Thorns' org, it's greatest revenue stream source independent of an MLS or NWSL match is: 'Oregon kiddie soccer'. (OYSA, RTC, OPD, State Cup, President's Cup and their Daycare Camps) Not only are they (kiddie soccer) a 'concern', they have a 10 year contract to ensure the kiddo honey money flow directly to their business.

Their youth DA deal is called a mandatory expense, they care about the cost, since they get nothing from it (players) or ROI. They want it abolished, like many other MLS franchise operators.

Comment

I can almost assure you the owner and head coach don’t give any thought at all to the kiddie soccer programs. Yes they are required to have an acad but nobody cares. They have real business to take care of. The kiddie daycare programs are of no concern.
      They should start selling $12 Hefe’s at kiddie soccer games. It’d make it a lot more fun.

Comment

Let me tell you something about the 'Timbers/Thorns' org, it's greatest revenue stream source independent of an MLS or NWSL match is: 'Oregon kiddie soccer'. (OYSA, RTC, OPD, State Cup, President's Cup and their Daycare Camps) Not only are they (kiddie soccer) a 'concern', they have a 10 year contract to ensure the kiddo honey money flow directly to their business.
        That's like me saying that my greatest personal revenue stream, other than my job, is finding quarters on the sidewalk. The "other than my job" is an important qualifier, doncha think?

OYSA revenues are a teeny tiny slice of Peregrine's revenue. One Timbers game brings in far more $$$ to the coffers than running OYSA leagues and cups.

Their youth DA deal is called a mandatory expense, they care about the cost, since they get nothing from it (players) or ROI. They want it abolished, like many other MLS franchise operators.
        Source?

I do think that MLS should drop the territorial limits, at least above a certain age (no reason for 13-year-olds to live in another state to play soccer), so franchises like NYRB or FC Dallas don't have monopolies over hotbeds. Would be good for the TA and the Timbers, might not be so good for local kids.

Comment

They should start selling $12 Hefe’s at kiddie soccer games. It’d make it a lot more fun.
          Start selling the drinks 90 mins before the opening whistle. Then afterwards there should be parent-on-parent boxing matches to settle it all up. Let's build game day into something special.

Comment

That's like me saying that my greatest personal revenue stream, other than my job, is finding quarters on the sidewalk. The "other than my job" is an important qualifier, doncha think?

OYSA revenues are a teeny tiny slice of Peregrine's revenue. One Timbers game brings in far more $$$ to the coffers than running OYSA leagues and cups.

Source?

I do think that MLS should drop the territorial limits, at least above a certain age (no reason for 13-year-olds to live in another state to play soccer), so franchises like NYRB or FC Dallas don't have monopolies over hotbeds. Would be good for the TA and the Timbers, might not be so good for local kids.
            Agreed on last point, just not sure how much difference it will really make with respect to players in big MLS markets; Timbers Academy already picks up players for the oldest team from other academies . . . assume those players were cut in their home market so homegrown no longer applies. Don't know if the next 16-yr old in Cali or NY would move to Portland to play in the academy here, if they can make the home town squad.

Comment

That's like me saying that my greatest personal revenue stream, other than my job, is finding quarters on the sidewalk. The "other than my job" is an important qualifier, doncha think?OYSA revenues are a teeny tiny slice of Peregrine's revenue. One Timbers game brings in far more $$$ to the coffers than running OYSA leagues and cups. Source?I do think that MLS should drop the territorial limits, at least above a certain age (no reason for 13-year-olds to live in another state to play soccer), so franchises like NYRB or FC Dallas don't have monopolies over hotbeds. Would be good for the TA and the Timbers, might not be so good for local kids.

If you were able to pick up $30million+ in quarters over 10 years you could have a point. Since you can't and never will, you can still get a cup of coffee for the quarter you picked up to help stimulate your sleeping brain.

Comment

Timbers "for the win".

Comment

Dear Mr Grabavoy

Now that the Aademy reports up to you please put out the dumpster fire that it is immediately and get rid of the two Directors.

Thank you All Oregon Youth Soccer

Comment

Start selling the drinks 90 mins before the opening whistle. Then afterwards there should be parent-on-parent boxing matches to settle it all up. Let's build game day into something special.

I like the direction this is heading. Add a mud fight if moms are up for it?, and I am in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X