• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCIAC Girls Soccer Review

From the Ruden Report

http://www.therudenreport.com/girls-...teams-to-beat/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ruden always has players to watch on westhill. I watch for them every year, but they never do anything!

I love the dig on staples. 0-2 in finals last year.

Read something about the football coach being suspended for challenging players to fights and for saying he hoped the prior coach died a horrible death from aids. Sounds like such a warm loving community over there in Westport. Great family values town. I would put them a close second to Wilton on towns I would be embarrassed to call home.

Comment

Ruden always has players to watch on westhill. I watch for them every year, but they never do anything!

Read something about the football coach being suspended for challenging players to fights and for saying he hoped the prior coach died a horrible death from aids. Sounds like such a warm loving community over there in Westport. Great family values town. I would put them a close second to Wilton on towns I would be embarrassed to call home.
      https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/931961433868460033

That free kick by Ridgefield's CM was a beauty.

Comment

Love how long the midget goalie stays down after her weak attempt at the ball

Comment

Westport parents have the class not to get arrested :), but they must have a decent AD to put up with what must be a constant drum of parent complaints. Wilton is an example of what can happen when the AD has no spine - multiple incidents across different sports, not just soccer

Comment

I love the commentary by the loudmouth, know it all Dad who likely never played and yaps the whole game... “That’s what I told ya! Just gotta go far post and hope the wind knocks it down.”

Comment

I love the commentary by the loudmouth, know it all Dad who likely never played and yaps the whole game... “That’s what I told ya! Just gotta go far post and hope the wind knocks it down.”
              A fair assumption by you, but the video was taken at field level, on the sidelines. So the commentary wasnt a parent.

But thanks for playing.

Comment

FCIAC playoff teams

1-St joes
                2-Staples
                3-Ridgefield
                4-8 (in no particular order) Mcmahon, Wilton, Warde, Trumbull, Westhill

Darien and New Canaan come up short

St joes wins it all and neither Ridgefield or Staples makes the final.

Have a great day!!

Comment

FCIAC playoff teams

1-St joes
                  2-Staples
                  3-Ridgefield
                  4-8 (in no particular order) Mcmahon, Wilton, Warde, Trumbull, Westhill

Darien and New Canaan come up short

St joes wins it all and neither Ridgefield or Staples makes the final.

Have a great day!!
                  st joes should win it all every year...good coach + one of few that can recruit = annual championships

Comment

A fair assumption by you, but the video was taken at field level, on the sidelines. So the commentary wasnt a parent.

But thanks for playing.
                    The game was played at West Haven HS, field level spectating is common, there’s a fence around the field lined by spectators.

Thank you for playing.

Comment

Is it true that FCIAC is being sponsored by WWE this season? All they had to do was install some ropes and turnbuckles around the field.

Comment

Is it true that FCIAC is being sponsored by WWE this season? All they had to do was install some ropes and turnbuckles around the field.
                        Or in the Wilton Hs parking lot.

Comment

Well maybe it’s a good idea- at least then the other conferences can have a fighting chance
                          In straight up soccer- they haven’t shown any promose

Comment

Well maybe it’s a good idea- at least then the other conferences can have a fighting chance
                            In straight up soccer- they haven’t shown any promose
                            Please tell me that you at least understand some of the reasoning of why the FCIAC May be a stronger conference than others?

Comment

Please tell me that you at least understand some of the reasoning of why the FCIAC May be a stronger conference than others?
                              You mean it's not the high level of play?

Seriously though, I have seen a few teams in FCIAC, over the years, who attempt to play the game at a high level. And when they try, they often can. I think there is just not enough trying to make it nice to watch.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X