Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I mean they let their players play in multiple leagues blatantly against DA rules
    Again, USSF isn't cracking down on anybody and they certainly don't care about a basement dwelling club like LISC. They know the club is desperate for players and the league is desperate to keep all the clubs in the fold.

Comment

On CT site, rumors that multiple Clubs with teams in Northeast GDA and ECNL will leave GDA

Comment

On CT site, rumors that multiple Clubs with teams in Northeast GDA and ECNL will leave GDA
        Rumors on other sites as well about all different clubs.

Comment

Again, USSF isn't cracking down on anybody and they certainly don't care about a basement dwelling club like LISC. They know the club is desperate for players and the league is desperate to keep all the clubs in the fold.
          Word is LISC lost GDA status...
          Will be issuing a statement later this week.

Comment

A) Word from who?
            B) There's not much room for later this week seeing as how it's already Friday.

Comment

There is also the rumor that one of the MA clubs is dropping out of GDA.

If both happen, my prediction is that they combine Northeast and Mid Atlantic regions.

Comment

If both happen, my prediction is that they combine Northeast and Mid Atlantic regions.
                No. Too much travel. They will try to convince another club to give it a try.

Comment

If the Stars left GDA, they would be replaced by GPS Mass

Comment

I read somewhere that the California clubs will defect to form own league. If they do that successfully then other regions will follow suit.

Comment

A) Word from who?
                      B) There's not much room for later this week seeing as how it's already Friday.
                      Word is from a club that is meeting with a current LISC staff member, who is looking for a new position. When club asked why staff member why they were leaving LISC, they confirmed that LISC was no longer going to partake in GDA and that their position would become defunct.

When club called LISC head honcho for a reference on staff member, head honcho confirmed what staff member had said about no longer playing in GDA and said they'd be making announcement within a week or so.

Comment

I read somewhere that the California clubs will defect to form own league. If they do that successfully then other regions will follow suit.
                        Seems to be all rumor with nothing credible to back it up. http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=151944. CA is the strongest DA region and within CA travel isn't too bad, so why would they back out? I can see where weak clubs or ones with too much travel would.

Comment

Seems to be all rumor with nothing credible to back it up. http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=151944. CA is the strongest DA region and within CA travel isn't too bad, so why would they back out? I can see where weak clubs or ones with too much travel would.
                          The showcase travel is the killer. They can do their own showcase...closer and shorter.

Comment

Word is from a club that is meeting with a current LISC staff member, who is looking for a new position. When club asked why staff member why they were leaving LISC, they confirmed that LISC was no longer going to partake in GDA and that their position would become defunct.

When club called LISC head honcho for a reference on staff member, head honcho confirmed what staff member had said about no longer playing in GDA and said they'd be making announcement within a week or so.
                            LISC was a sham and a disgrace from the get go. I feel bad for the kids who want to play in college who wasted a recruiting year with those *****hats!

Comment

The showcase travel is the killer. They can do their own showcase...closer and shorter.
                              Most kids in CA will want to stay out west so in many regards it makes sense for teams and west coast coaches to not have to travel a lot. But it reduces exposure from other areas, players and programs

Comment

LISC was a sham and a disgrace from the get go. I feel bad for the kids who want to play in college who wasted a recruiting year with those *****hats!
                                They never should have had the badge to begin with so it also shows how desperate USSF was to have a placeholder in the area.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X