Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You seemed obsessed with my credentials and daughter. I have watched both in FL and st Montevallo

This has been over the past 4 years. Look at the R3 team selections and 80% from last year didn’t even return.
    You have watched for four years and must think highly of it for your daughter. 2001 is the last year and can see why some are done by that point. But did you watch the seniors four years ago?

Comment

You have watched for four years and must think highly of it for your daughter. 2001 is the last year and can see why some are done by that point. But did you watch the seniors four years ago?
      What I have watched is every year the quality of players for the girls side has declined. A lot of it is due to ECNL and DA. I personally love the ODzp platform and I wish it will continue. I prefer it to a lot of the other stuff. So I am not baggin in it.

Comment

What I have watched is every year the quality of players for the girls side has declined. A lot of it is due to ECNL and DA. I personally love the ODzp platform and I wish it will continue. I prefer it to a lot of the other stuff. So I am not baggin in it.
        Your opinion. Have you watched the region Senior teams the last four years? Are you comparing last year senior roster to this year senior roster? Only way to see would be to have the region senior team from four years ago not age and play this year’s region team and compare the talent?

Comment

Your opinion. Have you watched the region Senior teams the last four years? Are you comparing last year senior roster to this year senior roster? Only way to see would be to have the region senior team from four years ago not age and play this year’s region team and compare the talent?
          I am comparing year by year the amount of high level players on the 01 and 02 team that don’t return due to DA and ECNL and the lower level players making the squad who couldn’t even make b team in years past. These girls haven’t gotten better. I see them in club play and they are as bad now as they used to be.

I’ve also seen the same thing with the R3 team- much easier to make it now than 3-4 years ago. The top GA and NC girls aren’t doing it at all.

Comment

I am comparing year by year the amount of high level players on the 01 and 02 team that don’t return due to DA and ECNL and the lower level players making the squad who couldn’t even make b team in years past. These girls haven’t gotten better. I see them in club play and they are as bad now as they used to be.

I’ve also seen the same thing with the R3 team- much easier to make it now than 3-4 years ago. The top GA and NC girls aren’t doing it at all.
            There are a lot of excellent players out there. You could count how many on each region team over the years went on to play D1 if that is how you are defining high level. There could be more high level talent than there ever has been in the U.S. And someone dropping out and a new player coming on doesn’t mean the new players on a region team aren’t talented.

Comment

I have mixed feelings. My son made the State team and went to Alabama region 3 camp. But there, for 2 years in a row, it was pretty obvious that the coaches were only interested in boys that were more physically developed than anything else. Yes, there were a couple of exceptions. But generally speaking, if your son didn’t hit puberty by 10 or 11, then by 13 or 14 he just won’t be sufficiently physically developed to move on. Almost the same thing could be said for USDA. Which is a shame. Just because a person develops physically first, it doesn’t mean that they will be the better player in the long term. We won’t be going back next year. These days there are many more alternatives for your son to get college exposure than just ODP.
              Exactly. This is what US soccer`s most recent "Bio-Bending" initiative is aiming at. The claim is correct: chronological age is not an appropriate factor to use when deciding who should play with whom and against whom. However, physical characteristics are just as misleading as chronological age when making the same decision. Developmental age would be something to consider, however, there is evidence that kids at different age, physical attributes and even different level of development playing together help the development of each other. The development of children does not depend on matching participants. It depends on how well we are able to provide each with appropriate - not too easy and not too hard - challenges. Appropriate challenge is the key in development.

Comment

Odp is awesome , a couple of times a year you play just talent , but DA and GDA are like odp camps but it happens every weekend

Comment

Odp is awesome , a couple of times a year you play just talent , but DA and GDA are like odp camps but it happens every weekend
                  If the DA team is decent. The ODP Region teams would beat most DA teams but DA is every week.

Comment

[QUOTE=Just a Coach;2310208]Exactly. This is what US soccer`s most recent "Bio-Bending" initiative is aiming at. The claim is correct: chronological age is not an appropriate factor to use when deciding who should play with whom and against whom. However, physical characteristics are just as misleading as chronological age when making the same decision. Developmental age would be something to consider, however, there is evidence that kids at different age, physical attributes and even different level of development playing together help the development of each other. The development of children does not depend on matching participants. It depends on how well we are able to provide each with appropriate - not too easy and not too hard - challenges. Appropriate challenge is the key in development.

The better the team our kid plays on and against , the better the kid plays. In a weaker system doesn’t shine as much. Team environment is important.

Comment

There are a lot of excellent players out there. You could count how many on each region team over the years went on to play D1 if that is how you are defining high level. There could be more high level talent than there ever has been in the U.S. And someone dropping out and a new player coming on doesn’t mean the new players on a region team aren’t talented.
                      Ok- must just be an anomaly with 01 and 02 girls R3 and state teams then. I bow to your knowledge.

Comment

Nothing wrong with it if not already playing ECNL or DA. While not what it used to be, still have college coaches training you. If your kid is having fun and makes the regional team, go for it. If they keep getting stuck on the B team, cut your losses and move on.

Comment

Nothing wrong with it if not already playing ECNL or DA. While not what it used to be, still have college coaches training you. If your kid is having fun and makes the regional team, go for it. If they keep getting stuck on the B team, cut your losses and move on.
                          DA players can’t play ODP. More spots can open. Players drop out as they get older. B players should hang in there.

Comment

DA players can’t play ODP. More spots can open. Players drop out as they get older. B players should hang in there.
                            If your only making the B team for two years strait, "hanging in there" waiting for others to drop out or age out isn't exactly sage advice.

Comment

If your only making the B team for two years strait, "hanging in there" waiting for others to drop out or age out isn't exactly sage advice.
                              My daughter enjoyed ODP a couple years ago and went on to thanksgiving event in Boca and then nationals in AZ. Some good coaches and well run. Although had to pay a portion, it was not full, like an Id camp. Definitely do it if you can. If in ECNL or DA and id2 or other camps are options take advantage of those as well and odp will be secondary, you never know who may see your kid play.

Comment

My daughter enjoyed ODP a couple years ago and went on to thanksgiving event in Boca and then nationals in AZ. Some good coaches and well run. Although had to pay a portion, it was not full, like an Id camp. Definitely do it if you can. If in ECNL or DA and id2 or other camps are options take advantage of those as well and odp will be secondary, you never know who may see your kid play.
                                The down side is the players miss school for the long events and international trips. In addition to training, ODP should make sure the players are getting college coach exposure at the events.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X