Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do college coaches get out of Sports ID camps

What is the benefit for college coaches who attend ID camps like Exact Sports, PCC College Combines, ID Sports USA (like the one held at the FC Stars complex)? Do they actually recruit players from these venues? Daughter attended one. Got an evaluation 3 weeks later from a coach whose group she was not in and for a position she did not play. Interested on whether anyone has actually gotten a true recruiting 'hit' out of one of these. Why do coaches do them if they are not productive?

They get paid to go treasure hunting, and catch up with colleagues in lower stress environment

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      They get paid to go treasure hunting, and catch up with colleagues in lower stress environment
      Does any player ever get recruited from one of these ID camps?

Comment

We're new to it all, but the one my D has done wasn't that way....evaluations done that day. and followup conversations with coaches. She did contact the coaches at schools of interest prior to the event. But she is on an NPL team without as much showcasing opportunities so I look at it another chance for a coach to see her. She's going to do another one this summer, and was asked to attend two school specific ones by coaches she met at the event. The hard part is determining which one (s) to do - there are so many and there's only so much time and money available. My understanding is the vary a lot in quality. Maybe we got lucky, but a friend had recommended it

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          We're new to it all, but the one my D has done wasn't that way....evaluations done that day. and followup conversations with coaches. She did contact the coaches at schools of interest prior to the event. But she is on an NPL team without as much showcasing opportunities so I look at it another chance for a coach to see her. She's going to do another one this summer, and was asked to attend two school specific ones by coaches she met at the event. The hard part is determining which one (s) to do - there are so many and there's only so much time and money available. My understanding is the vary a lot in quality. Maybe we got lucky, but a friend had recommended it
          That's good to hear. If you don't mind, which ID clinic did you attend? What age group? Trying to determine if my D should start attending a couple of these.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X