Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The New England Revolution have become an absolute embarrassment for the city of Boston and the New England area. The attendance last night was just over 6000 in that absolute crap ,cavernous NFL stadium played on that crap turf that made it look like ping pong soccer. Gillette's second tier tarped over and the constant hum of the ventilation system droning in your ears. Robert and Jonathan Kraft are pathetic owners and Garber should mandate they start pulling their weight or else. They're single handedly killing the soccer market in this area. I despise this ownership group. They are the worst I have ever seen.
    You have issues much deeper than the state of the Revs.

I regularly watch the Revs and saw some positive signs last night. They have some talented, strong players. If Lee Nyugen and Juan Agudelo can return to form, they will start posting some results. (Jay Heaps, please leave Bunbury on the bench, or a wing at best). One guy I'm definitely rooting for is Femi. Great story and pick by the Revs.

Soccer is just not a big draw in this area. Even on this site. Witness any threads discussing pro soccer in any form die a quick death. Great stories going on in European leagues and Champions league. But do you see a word about any of it here?

Don't kid yourself. Soccer around here is primarily a vehicle for parents to hitch their fantasy wagon to and vicariously ride along with their child.

Comment

Not sure why all the griping about attendance at last night's game. It was a Wednesday night in April in New England. We have season tickets and didn't go because kids have school the next day, wife and I have work and have to get up early. And the kids had soccer practice.

Want better attendance? Schedule games on days and times that make sense for families, as it is mostly die-hard soccer fans and families with kids who play soccer who go to Revs games and support the team. Whether it's a mid-week game or a 4:00 kick-off, some of these games are just not convenient for someone with a family, kids, jobs, etc.

Comment

You have issues much deeper than the state of the Revs.

I regularly watch the Revs and saw some positive signs last night. They have some talented, strong players. If Lee Nyugen and Juan Agudelo can return to form, they will start posting some results. (Jay Heaps, please leave Bunbury on the bench, or a wing at best). One guy I'm definitely rooting for is Femi. Great story and pick by the Revs.

Soccer is just not a big draw in this area. Even on this site. Witness any threads discussing pro soccer in any form die a quick death. Great stories going on in European leagues and Champions league. But do you see a word about any of it here?

Don't kid yourself. Soccer around here is primarily a vehicle for parents to hitch their fantasy wagon to and vicariously ride along with their child.
        I like the revs players as well (most of them) but not too fond of the coach - especially his tone and mannerisms. decision's he's made on the pitch I generally agree with.

However it's the owner that's the issue here- I won't go on about that- it's been talked about at length in this and other threads.

As to your statement that soccer is not a "big draw in this area"- you have got to be kidding me! Build a soccer stadium close to Boston with T and other public transportation / parking amenities, lower ticket prices by 50% and the stadium will be packed.

Comment

Build a soccer stadium close to Boston with T and other public transportation / parking amenities, lower ticket prices by 50% and the stadium will be packed.
          Absolutely! Let's get the show on the road to boston.

Comment

That products is called the Boston Breakers.

Comment

Build a soccer stadium close to Boston with T and other public transportation / parking amenities, lower ticket prices by 50% and the stadium will be packed.
              How do you pay for a new soccer stadium in/around Boston with 50% less gross revenue at the gate?

Idiot.

Comment

Not sure why all the griping about attendance at last night's game. It was a Wednesday night in April in New England. We have season tickets and didn't go because kids have school the next day, wife and I have work and have to get up early. And the kids had soccer practice.

Want better attendance? Schedule games on days and times that make sense for families, as it is mostly die-hard soccer fans and families with kids who play soccer who go to Revs games and support the team. Whether it's a mid-week game or a 4:00 kick-off, some of these games are just not convenient for someone with a family, kids, jobs, etc.
                EXACTLY! Plus it was freezing!

Comment

How do you pay for a new soccer stadium in/around Boston with 50% less gross revenue at the gate?

Idiot.
                  Same that pay for the internet

The american way.

Capitalism. Products. Advertisement.

Red Bull Stadium.

I'm not going to say "idiot" but really want to

Comment

The american way.

Red Bull Stadium.

You must be one of those millennials that doesn't drive.

The Red Bulls charge just as much as the Revs do, and they have to play in the Newark, NJ area instead of NY.

I guess the whole "build a soccer specific stadium and drop ticket prices 50%" idea must not have come to mind down there. I wonder why? Idiot.

Comment

Ouch .

Comment

The american way.

Red Bull Stadium.

I am sure the Krafts are taking notes. Great idea. Why charge anything? Just pass the hat. Free beer would pack em in too. How about paying people to come! Now we are talking!

The one area that the Krafts seem to have a really good track record on......running a pro sports franchise. You are the idiot. I think your Revs scarf is on too tight!

Comment

I am sure the Krafts are taking notes. Great idea. Why charge anything? Just pass the hat. Free beer would pack em in too. How about paying people to come! Now we are talking!

The one area that the Krafts seem to have a really good track record on......running a pro sports franchise. You are the idiot. I think your Revs scarf is on too tight!
                          Fantastic at running a football franchise, no doubt about it.

He treats the revs like nothing more than an obligation, like a special-needs kid. His superstar kid gets the love and support and press.

Comment

The american way.

Red Bull Stadium.

Typical thought process of the younger generation. Why don't you go all "Occupy Gillette" on them and teach those mean business owners a lesson.

I love interviewing new college graduates these days.

Comment

Fantastic at running a football franchise, no doubt about it.

He treats the revs like nothing more than an obligation, like a special-needs kid. His superstar kid gets the love and support and press.
                              Hey,
                              I make millions and pay no taxes.

That's better than creating a fair price and accessible venue.

You old guys are strange. No wonder your world's such a mess.

Comment

Hey,
                                I make millions and pay no taxes.

That's better than creating a fair price and accessible venue.

You old guys are strange. No wonder your world's such a mess.
                                btw, the price is not bad - $48 - $75
                                student rates can make it 1/2

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X