Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I find it impossible to find is the point. Most clubs won't tell me unless my kid is offered a place in the club. Maybe we can follow this up with posts that just says the cost of each club from people on the inside that know the specifics of each. I'll start with the one I know...

CSU (2015/2016 pricing):

Fee includes fields, coach pay, league fees, indoor training, 1 indoor session, 1 futsal session, 3 to 4 tournaments.

U9- $1350,

U10- $1,575

U11/U12- $1975

U13/U17 NEP teams- $1995
    U13-U17 NPL teams- $2100

U18- $1400

UNIFORM- $365

So if you know specifics on a club please post below. Thanks.
    Those U13+ fees are highway robbery!

Comment

Don't know. Do you? If you don't then making claims that the prices are rising is just disinformation and given how recent developments have hurt certain clubs, it's pretty obvious that the misinformation is not well intended.
      The price of each age group rises every year. Unless you're going from U14 to U15, and cutting your season in half, you're going to pay more. How much more is the question. Given what we paid for 2015-2016, moving up in age, and the fact that NEFC has costs they need to account for in 2016-2017 that didn't exist previously, I guarantee you will see an increase of 25-30%.

You don't have to believe me, but you'll know for sure in about a month. NEFC still won't be the most expensive club (hello SSS and GPS), at least in some regions, but it will be up there.

Comment

The price of each age group rises every year. Unless you're going from U14 to U15, and cutting your season in half, you're going to pay more. How much more is the question. Given what we paid for 2015-2016, moving up in age, and the fact that NEFC has costs they need to account for in 2016-2017 that didn't exist previously, I guarantee you will see an increase of 25-30%.

You don't have to believe me, but you'll know for sure in about a month. NEFC still won't be the most expensive club (hello SSS and GPS), at least in some regions, but it will be up there.
        You get what you pay for. If you want bargain basement soccer there are plenty of MAPLE clubs that will take your money.

Comment

You get what you pay for. If you want bargain basement soccer there are plenty of MAPLE clubs that will take your money.
          Not always. If you are middle class, you look for value. If you do your homework, you can usually get it. A $500 uniform kit with all the fixings won't make your kid a better player. Paying $500 a year to play in 5-6 tournaments in a low level brackets won't make your kid a better player. For MAPLE, there are indeed some really bad clubs. But there are some that have top 10 teams in the state. Need to look first before you pay.

Comment

If you had a clue about any of this, you could save yourself a lot of money. People like you deserve to get screwed, so continue with what you're doing. Your kid can pay you back with all the money he/she makes when they turn pro.😁

Comment

I think some of you are a bit delusional about your kids aspirations and direction. Probably 2% of kids MAY end up playing D1 soccer in college. If you have an average kid who loves playing soccer then go for the most cost effective as long as they are improving and having fun. Nothing wrong with that. No need to flush money down the toilet when it really doesn't matter in the long run.

Comment

I think some of you are a bit delusional about your kids aspirations and direction. Probably 2% of kids MAY end up playing D1 soccer in college. If you have an average kid who loves playing soccer then go for the most cost effective as long as they are improving and having fun. Nothing wrong with that. No need to flush money down the toilet when it really doesn't matter in the long run.
                Fair points. How many Mass kids per year would you estimate end up being rostered for a least one season on a college D1 team? Of those, how may see any real playing time at the D1 level?

(Not trying to be negative, just want to have a more accurate sense of the odds. My D is a very good player (but not the best) on a very good, but not top top U-12 club team. I am not counting on a scholarship, but...who knows. To watch her play in college would be great. Right now, that is her dream, but things can change.)

Comment

Are you allergic to minding your own business?

Comment

Fair points. How many Mass kids per year would you estimate end up being rostered for a least one season on a college D1 team? Of those, how may see any real playing time at the D1 level?

(Not trying to be negative, just want to have a more accurate sense of the odds. My D is a very good player (but not the best) on a very good, but not top top U-12 club team. I am not counting on a scholarship, but...who knows. To watch her play in college would be great. Right now, that is her dream, but things can change.)
                    If you don't get her on a better team she most likely won't even play D3.

Comment

If you don't get her on a better team she most likely won't even play D3.
                      and basically any trained dog could do that

Comment

and basically any trained dog could do that
                        Love it, BTNT! Beautiful.

Comment

Tough to say where she might end up at U12. But to contribute and play on a D1 team she has to play at an All State, Globe All Scholastic, level. Even those accolades don't guarantee a top local squad like Harvard, Providence or UConn, but these are an indicator.

Top club experience will help for exposure, but if your kid is at that level by U13 or U14 these teams will find her either through her league, ODP, or local tryouts. It is a relatively small community.

Comment

Tough to say where she might end up at U12. But to contribute and play on a D1 team she has to play at an All State, Globe All Scholastic, level. Even those accolades don't guarantee a top local squad like Harvard, Providence or UConn, but these are an indicator.

Top club experience will help for exposure, but if your kid is at that level by U13 or U14 these teams will find her either through her league, ODP, or local tryouts. It is a relatively small community.
                            Ding!! F**king Ding!! - Novel concept. If a kid can play, the coaches find them.

Comment

Sorry to see the helpful thread die out to drivel. With tryouts upon us, let's post the real numbers so folks have an idea beforehand.
                              Does anyone know about Abby Villa and Liverpool? FC Boston?
                              Thanks.

Comment

Sorry to see the helpful thread die out to drivel. With tryouts upon us, let's post the real numbers so folks have an idea beforehand.
                                Does anyone know about Abby Villa and Liverpool? FC Boston?
                                Thanks.
                                AV: $2,200
                                Liverpool: $1,000
                                FC Boston: $1,800

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X