Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costs

I wish someone would put together a spreadsheet of what each club costs. With columns for price to join, price of uniform, charges this much extra indoor, or futsal or tournaments, etc. How you pay, can be paid in 2 payments, or 3 or monthly or whatever. Its so hard to shop around when no club advertises this. I know some kids will get scholarships of different amounts, but I'd find a spreadsheet of all the clubs base prices very helpful. Cause price is no object does not pertain to all of us.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wish someone would put together a spreadsheet of what each club costs. With columns for price to join, price of uniform, charges this much extra indoor, or futsal or tournaments, etc. How you pay, can be paid in 2 payments, or 3 or monthly or whatever. Its so hard to shop around when no club advertises this. I know some kids will get scholarships of different amounts, but I'd find a spreadsheet of all the clubs base prices very helpful. Cause price is no object does not pertain to all of us.
    is it too much to ask the YOU do that work... nothing like being responsible and proactive.

Comment

is it too much to ask the YOU do that work... nothing like being responsible and proactive.
      Exactly. Put it together, post it somewhere and people can then populate it.

Of course, haters will go in and mess it up....

Comment

I did this a 2 years ago when my kid was making a switch. Not for all clubs, but for 9-10 clubs in Metro, Central, Western MA. Some costs were direct from clubs, other numbers were from family and close friends who provided the info for their kids. For the most part, the framework is the same.
        Fall Season & Spring Season, twice per week training, Sunday league games.
        One tournament per season, usually Labor Day and Memorial Day weekends.
        Winter training is typically once per week. Winter league games are extra/optional.

MAPLE clubs were in the $1,200-$2,0000 range. Abby Villa at the higher end, Liverpool & Napoli near the lower end.
        NEP clubs like GPS, NEFC, Stars were in the $2,000-$3,000 range. WUP/FCB/FC Mass were in the lower Maple range of $1,200-$1,600.

Uniforms extra (tend to be $150 per player).

Sometimes you get what you pay for. But for smart shoppers, there is value out there. And if you have more than 1 kid playing, it adds up real quick. My priorities were: better than town coaching, nice parents, and making sure it was a good experience for my kids so they maintain the love for soccer and keep playing. Town programs can only take your kid so far.

Comment

I did this a 2 years ago when my kid was making a switch. Not for all clubs, but for 9-10 clubs in Metro, Central, Western MA. Some costs were direct from clubs, other numbers were from family and close friends who provided the info for their kids. For the most part, the framework is the same.
          Winter training is typically once per week. Winter league games are extra/optional.

MAPLE clubs were in the $1,200-$2,0000 range. Abby Villa at the higher end, Liverpool & Napoli near the lower end.
          NEP clubs like GPS, NEFC, Stars were in the $2,000-$3,000 range. WUP/FCB/FC Mass were in the lower Maple range of $1,200-$1,600.

Sometimes you get what you pay for. But for smart shoppers, there is value out there. And if you have more than 1 kid playing, it adds up real quick. My priorities were: better than town coaching, nice parents, and making sure it was a good experience for my kids so they maintain the love for soccer and keep playing. Town programs can only take your kid so far.
          should not cost more than 500 unless club is trying to make lots of money

Comment

should not cost more than 500 unless club is trying to make lots of money
            One of the biggest expenses is indoor space. And sometimes you have to use that even in April. Its impossible to run a club at $500 per kid if you are offering training September through May. Even with unpaid coaches and free indoor space. Heck, I added up the costs for the town program for the 3 seasons (unpaid coaches and free field use) and its around $500.

Comment

Based on my own experience and research, the above is about right. Give or take. Some clubs have an extra tourn fee ($200-$300) for tournaments above what is included. And uniforms can be upwards of $300. Some clubs are on a 3 yr uniform rotation. GPS requires a new uniform kit each year.

Comment

For bigger clubs, costs can vary depending on the team you are on. The higher the team, the more $. Age group also affects costs. Younger teams are less, and increase up to U14 which is most expensive, and then they drop again a little at U15 when you start in November.

Comment

spot on.
                  MAPLE clubs =$1,200-$2,0000 range.
                  NEP (GPS, NEFC, Stars) = $2,000-$3,000 range.
                  WUP/FCB/FC Mass were in the lower Maple range of $1,200-$1,600.

You Get what you pay for. indoor space is expensive as are tournaments and good coaches.
                  Capitalism people. Clubs are after care programs like the rest.

Comment

I find it impossible to find is the point. Most clubs won't tell me unless my kid is offered a place in the club. Maybe we can follow this up with posts that just says the cost of each club from people on the inside that know the specifics of each. I'll start with the one I know...

CSU (2015/2016 pricing):

Fee includes fields, coach pay, league fees, indoor training, 1 indoor session, 1 futsal session, 3 to 4 tournaments.

U9- $1350,

U10- $1,575

U11/U12- $1975

U13/U17 NEP teams- $1995
                    U13-U17 NPL teams- $2100

U18- $1400

UNIFORM- $365

So if you know specifics on a club please post below. Thanks.

Comment

One of the biggest expenses is indoor space. And sometimes you have to use that even in April. Its impossible to run a club at $500 per kid if you are offering training September through May. Even with unpaid coaches and free indoor space. Heck, I added up the costs for the town program for the 3 seasons (unpaid coaches and free field use) and its around $500.
                      I'm on the board of our town youth soccer organization and we've crunched the numbers per player. It costs us about $125 per travel player per season. That is for Fall and Spring travel. No winter included as coaches do winter training/competition on their own with their teams. We aren't charged for the fields we use, but we do have to maintain the grass fields as part of our arrangement. We also rely on volunteer coaches. So free coaches, mostly free fields, and 16 games over 2 seasons cost us $250 per player.

Fields are expensive, indoor more so. Add in approx. $5000/yr (10 months) for "professional" paid coaching, $2000 for two tournament registrations, about $1500 for indoor field rentals and $2500 for outdoor field rentals. Let's say 15 players per team, $1200 per player break even. Add 50% margin and you're at $1800 per player at average club retail price.

Comment

I'm on the board of our town youth soccer organization and we've crunched the numbers per player. It costs us about $125 per travel player per season. That is for Fall and Spring travel. No winter included as coaches do winter training/competition on their own with their teams. We aren't charged for the fields we use, but we do have to maintain the grass fields as part of our arrangement. We also rely on volunteer coaches. So free coaches, mostly free fields, and 16 games over 2 seasons cost us $250 per player.

Fields are expensive, indoor more so. Add in approx. $5000/yr (10 months) for "professional" paid coaching, $2000 for two tournament registrations, about $1500 for indoor field rentals and $2500 for outdoor field rentals. Let's say 15 players per team, $1200 per player break even. Add 50% margin and you're at $1800 per player at average club retail price.
                        Great summary. I added up your cost structure and get $1,000 pp break even. $15,000 divided by 15. But you're close enough. Anything above this amount and you're likely paying for upper management personnel, high end career coaches (full time), club marketing & advertising, and higher end league fees.

Comment

I find it impossible to find is the point. Most clubs won't tell me unless my kid is offered a place in the club. Maybe we can follow this up with posts that just says the cost of each club from people on the inside that know the specifics of each. I'll start with the one I know...

CSU (2015/2016 pricing):

Fee includes fields, coach pay, league fees, indoor training, 1 indoor session, 1 futsal session, 3 to 4 tournaments.

U9- $1350,

U10- $1,575

U11/U12- $1975

U13/U17 NEP teams- $1995
                          U13-U17 NPL teams- $2100

U18- $1400

UNIFORM- $365

So if you know specifics on a club please post below. Thanks.
                          FC MASS (2015/2016 pricing):

Fee includes the team's entry into NEP, fall/spring training (2 x per week), winter training (1 x per week). Spring and Fall NEP Game Schedule, Official and coaches fees, entrance into one tournament at coaches discretion, State Cup Registration (depending on age group and qualification), NIke Practice Gear, US Club Soccer Registration and Coaches Fee

U9-U10 (NEP Teams) $950,

U11- U14 (NEP Teams)- $1,175

U15 - U17 (NEP teams)- $1050

U18- (NEP Teams) $950

UNIFORM and Warm-ups - $175

Comment

FC MASS (2015/2016 pricing):

Fee includes the team's entry into NEP, fall/spring training (2 x per week), winter training (1 x per week). Spring and Fall NEP Game Schedule, Official and coaches fees, entrance into one tournament at coaches discretion, State Cup Registration (depending on age group and qualification), NIke Practice Gear, US Club Soccer Registration and Coaches Fee

U9-U10 (NEP Teams) $950,

U11- U14 (NEP Teams)- $1,175

U15 - U17 (NEP teams)- $1050

U18- (NEP Teams) $950

UNIFORM and Warm-ups - $175
                            BEST FC - I remember in the fall it was $2200 plus another $250 for uniform.
                            FC United - Fall it was $1350 plus another $270 for uniform.

Comment

FC stars

U-9 Academy program- 1250- includes two practices /week fall winter spring. Includes uniform. No games. No tournaments

U-10-u12- $2250- includes fall, winter training, spring games. 2 tourneys in the fall. 2 in the spring. Uniforms- $350 ish

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X