X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how bout GE

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Too bad John Henry doesn't own the Revs. He recused Liverpool from the ashes after the former owners ran them into the group and is now renovating Anfield, one of the most storied pitches in all of soccer. And let's not dismiss the sucess of the redsox under his control. I'm pretty sure he never played a sport in his life btw.

The lovefest of Kraft by people like you explains the politicians Mass sends to Washington. Tuna was already the coach when he bought the club and he brought then out out the bowels. But Kraft meddled too much and drove him out. Shall we post the pic of him at the combine with the stopwatch? Then he allowed players to undermine Carroll by running up the back steps to him and Bobby Greer. He got lucky Belicheck wanted out of the NYJ but he only agreed to come once the ground rules were set. Then Brady went from a 6th rounder to a legend. Of course, he let his superstar QB die on the vine when he decided his seat at the big boy table with his Billionare friends and his position as head of the television committee was more important than protecting the legacy of the player who really created the model franchise.

At the end of the day, it was his wife who brought the class and ultimately was the one calling the shots because it was always her money not his. Since she's died he's jumped one shark after another.

This is a huge soccer market here. But the location and facility blows for soccer. Krafty does what's good for himself with a fundamental disregard to the responsibilities that come with being the steward of a pro sports franchise.
    Very insightful.
    The huge market is here.
    Need to find the buyer, or the sponsor aka RedBulls- what about GE?
    What would make Kraft sell and why no new stadium?

Comment

Very insightful.
      The huge market is here.
      Need to find the buyer, or the sponsor aka RedBulls- what about GE?
      What would make Kraft sell and why no new stadium?
      Huge market here?
      Find me one story on this 'soccer' site about anything going on with the best players and games going on in European and Champions league.

Krafts are doing fine with the Revs and I'm glad they're here.

Comment

Huge market here?
        Find me one story on this 'soccer' site about anything going on with the best players and games going on in European and Champions league.

Well, as someone who has followed the game for 4 decades, and watch games all weekend long, and during the week (via DVR), you can't use this site as a litmus test. I never heard of it until about 3 weeks ago.

This site is for soccer moms, and not a test of the game's interest.

Comment

Huge market here?

Well, as someone who has followed the game for 4 decades, and watch games all weekend long, and during the week (via DVR), you can't use this site as a litmus test. I never heard of it until about 3 weeks ago.

This site is for locals: U11 Maple and NEP chest thumpers.

Our club, for instance, has created a pathway to European club enlistment. They bash Revs consistently as non-paying talent gobblers that waste the product. No one here can take NE soccer seriously because it is antiquated vestige of a bygone era where the sport was irrelevant.

The kids and the parents I know are committed Champions league followers and have concrete plans to train in Europe. Several clubs in the area are bypassing the <yawn> locals

Few posts about real futbol I agree. Would be nice to discuss the games. Why not start a thread?

Comment

Huge market here?

What do you expect? This site has been an NEFC infomercial since inception. It's doesn't even pretend to be anything else.

Comment

What do you expect? This site has been an NEFC infomercial since inception. It's doesn't even pretend to be anything else.
              Few posts about real futbol I agree. Would be nice to discuss the games. Why not start a thread?

Comment

Suppose you've missed the countless other battles between several clubs.

It's a national site too.

Comment

Okay. It's only been three weeks so there is still a chance that no permanent damage has taken place. Just immediately cease reading and/or posting to this site and normal brain function should return within a month or so.

Comment

This site is for locals: U11 Maple and NEP chest thumpers.

Our club, for instance, has created a pathway to European club enlistment. They bash Revs consistently as non-paying talent gobblers that waste the product. No one here can take NE soccer seriously because it is antiquated vestige of a bygone era where the sport was irrelevant.

The kids and the parents I know are committed Champions league followers and have concrete plans to train in Europe. Several clubs in the area are bypassing the <yawn> locals

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

The horrible attendance at Gillette IS a litmus test of the games interest. Or at least interest in MLS.....

Comment

The horrible attendance at Gillette IS a litmus test of the games interest. Or at least interest in MLS.....
                        Don't think so. Millennials don't drive. Immigrant population has no clue where (or what) Gillette is. American soccer games are boring and overpriced. Look at a similar demo sphere like seattle.

Comment

Back when there was grass, I went to Gillette a few times to watch the US play. It was "OK", since it was filled out.

Watching a developing team in an empty stadium on plastic, way the hell out of the way, just doesn't do it for me. Sorry.

Comment

Don't think so. Millennials don't drive. Immigrant population has no clue where (or what) Gillette is. American soccer games are boring and overpriced. Look at a similar demo sphere like seattle.
                            The immigrant population will have no problem finding Gillette this summer for the Copa America. And they'll be buying their tickets with your tax money.

Comment

The immigrant population will have no problem finding Gillette this summer for the Copa America. And they'll be buying their tickets with your tax money.
                              That would be a neat trick. Buy revs tickets with other peoples taxes - oh hey! the NFL does it.

I mean i pay as much tax as the NFL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X