Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U15 fall soccer

What clubs will have u15 in the fall. Tryouts are being listed but no information if there will be teams for the fall.

I don't think the clubs have any idea yet. They know who is impacted in their own clubs but not as well in a general sense - so how many kids are there looking for a home, will they come to tryouts, can they cobble together a team, is there going to be some kind of fall league to play in? All unknowns. Call clubs you are interested in and see if they have anything happening

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I don't think the clubs have any idea yet. They know who is impacted in their own clubs but not as well in a general sense - so how many kids are there looking for a home, will they come to tryouts, can they cobble together a team, is there going to be some kind of fall league to play in? All unknowns. Call clubs you are interested in and see if they have anything happening
      My daughter plays for an NEP club and they have been told nothing from SC as to the plan for the fall. Leadership at its best!

Comment

My daughter plays for an NEP club and they have been told nothing from SC as to the plan for the fall. Leadership at its best!
        Good job USSF

Comment

I think it's a strategy not a failure of leadership. If they tell you and you don't like it, you'll be trying out at other clubs. If they say nothing or give you mixed messages you may be more inclined to wait it out. You'll find out after tryouts

Comment

Are there enough Sept to Dec 2002 8th graders to even make this feasible? (The pre-August 2002 kids will be HS Freshmen, right?) I think there is going to be a tendency for clubs to have teams with majority-2003 birth year rosters play "up" rather than lose the small minority of 2002 kids who want to play u15 fall. Unless, of course, they have enough players to field separate 2003 and 2002 teams.
            My suggestion is to have a fall 2015 u16 division, whereby you can pick up the 2002 8th graders, and the 2001 9th graders who don't want to play kickball, I mean freshman high school soccer.

Comment

Clubs know the plan, maybe be proactive and ask....we did and got a good response.

Comment

Clubs know the plan, maybe be proactive and ask....we did and got a good response.
                When then why not share what you got for a response? Top secret?

Comment

Why not be an adult?

Comment

did the OP mention what club(s) he spoke with? Are they the same you're interested in? Do your own leg work.

Comment

More important

Is Maple and NEP having a U15 Fall league? That is the first question I have

And I have 1 comment. Most kids born 9/2002 - 12/2002 are middle schools. But there are also schools that have kids start school at 6.5 years old. That means that there are kids that are born 3/2002 - 8/2002 that are in middle school next year.

Comment

The NEP has not definitively stated what is happening to the U15 8th graders next Fall and that is the major problem. Clubs are being asked what is going on by their parents and said clubs have to state that their will be a league, etc... but they really do not know what is going on. That to me is a lack of leadership not by the clubs but by the league. The league should wrap their heads around it and then tell the clubs what the plan is so that the clubs can inform their parents. Pretty sure that is why you have a league president / board members... no?

What will end up happening is SC will remain quiet and let the clubs do what they want. Similar to the current situation with tryouts. NEP has posted dates (week of 6/13 & 6/20) but the majority of the clubs are starting the week of 6/6.

Comment

In NEP the clubs are the league. They likely can't agree because they are all protecting what is theirs and not really all that concerned about the kids.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X