Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like Valeo and NEFC are about to get a large influx of players from other clubs.
    I guess Revs are interested in working with many clubs and not Valero. Tryouts will busy but if the kid doesn't make 2004 DA team bye bye

Comment

and GK Austin Aviza from Syracuse, Shuttleworth's heir apparent. Believe me, many other others in the pipeline. You folks don't even know. The Revs know what they're doing.
      I hate to bring reality into the picture, but what the hey...

This past weekend Revs U14 beat Seacoast U14 6-0.

YET (are you paying careful attention?), the Revs U18's lost 1-0 to Seacoast U18's.
      AND, though the game was somewhat evenly played, the score easily could have been 2 or 3 to 0 because Seacoast had some great chances they missed AND I seriously am not sure if the Revs had ONE ,SINGLE shot that was any kind of a true threat.

The point here is not to sing the praises of Seacoast, but to point out that there just might not be too much 'development' going on with the Revs. At 14 they get the best talent around. But the evidence clearly shows that they don't do much with it. And that point is further borne out if one watches the MLS Revs.

Comment

YET (are you paying careful attention?), the Revs U18's lost 1-0 to Seacoast U18's.
        AND, though the game was somewhat evenly played, the score easily could have been 2 or 3 to 0 because Seacoast had some great chances they missed AND I seriously am not sure if the Revs had ONE ,SINGLE shot that was any kind of a true threat.

The point here is not to sing the praises of Seacoast, but to point out that there just might not be too much 'development' going on with the Revs. At 14 they get the best talent around. But the evidence clearly shows that they don't do much with it. And that point is further borne out if one watches the MLS Revs.
        Hence the comment " you don't even know". Do you even realize that the Revs U18 team is mostly comprised of 16 year old players playing up in age group? It's called development, every MLS academy system plays their players up in age. Do you understand that the won/lost column is absolutely meaningless at that level? It's the least significant aspect of player development. Maybe it's significant for Seacoast but not for serious teams who's aim is to develop collegiate and professional players.

Comment

Hence the comment " you don't even know". Do you even realize that the Revs U18 team is mostly comprised of 16 year old players playing up in age group? It's called development, every MLS academy system plays their players up in age. Do you understand that the won/lost column is absolutely meaningless at that level? It's the least significant aspect of player development. Maybe it's significant for Seacoast but not for serious teams who's aim is to develop collegiate and professional players.
          Your statement that most of the Revs team is comprised of kids playing up is a bit of an exaggeration. Only three Revs players in that game vs. Seacoast were '99s (the superstars predicted to get HG contracts in the future, not just some role players given opportunities to develop), the rest were '98s and '97s, just like Seacoast.

Comment

Let's ponder this for a moment, when do most kids get into college...Why do they need the U18 Academy if they are most likely already committed.

Comment

Kiss of death for GPS. Will be the last choice for youth players now.
              The Rev's will take kids from any program that has a good player. There is no alliance, it's whatever club has a good player. GPS help put good players into college so they will continue along just fine

Comment

The Revolution has zero impact on why we consider club soccer, and GPS.

Absolutely none.

Comment

Nothing says high level analysis like drawing broad based conclusions from incredibly small sample size.

Comment

The Rev's will take kids from any program that has a good player. There is no alliance, it's whatever club has a good player. GPS help put good players into college so they will continue along just fine
                    I am GPS the leader of D3 recruits!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1796273]New England Revolution Expand Academy Programs for Fall 2016-17

The Revolution’s U12 academy alliance is a collaboration with new U.S. Soccer Development Academy teams Bayside SC, NEFC, and Valeo FC to provide a high-level age-appropriate development platform for the region’s top young players. The alliance will work together on player development methods, best practices and other integrated MLS Youth Development initiatives throughout the year. Players from any of the three U12 alliance teams will have a clear pathway into the New England Revolution Academy, starting at the U13 age group.

I have to admit that this is a very shrewd and unexpected move by the Revs. They just partnered with everyone other than the Bolts and GPS to better control the pool of available players. It's a big FU to the Bolts and a simple nod to GPS to reinforce that they don't matter past U12 in DAP but that they'll take all their best players anyway. Cold, cuthroat and cunning new direction for the MLS Academy. I didn't think they had it in them.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1796622]
                        New England Revolution Expand Academy Programs for Fall 2016-17

The Revolution’s U12 academy alliance is a collaboration with new U.S. Soccer Development Academy teams Bayside SC, NEFC, and Valeo FC to provide a high-level age-appropriate development platform for the region’s top young players. The alliance will work together on player development methods, best practices and other integrated MLS Youth Development initiatives throughout the year. Players from any of the three U12 alliance teams will have a clear pathway into the New England Revolution Academy, starting at the U13 age group.

I have to admit that this is a very shrewd and unexpected move by the Revs. They just partnered with everyone other than the Bolts and GPS to better control the pool of available players. It's a big FU to the Bolts and a simple nod to GPS to reinforce that they don't matter past U12 in DAP but that they'll take all their best players anyway. Cold, cuthroat and cunning new direction for the MLS Academy. I didn't think they had it in them.
                        The Revs staff had about 10 years to feel out the clubs ,the coaches and philosophy of each club. The clubs that they aligned themselves were the clubs that put development first not $$$. In the coaches circles people know what GPS is all about money and winning. The other clubs play a nice style, have young players on their roster and are developing the necessary skills in their players to meet the needs of the MLS and beyond

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1796622]
                          New England Revolution Expand Academy Programs for Fall 2016-17

Top U12 Bolts players are going to Valeo.

Comment

Nothing says high level analysis like drawing broad based conclusions from incredibly small sample size.
                            Facts are stubborn things.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1796633]

And we care why?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1796633]

Great addition by Director Dan Colwell getting Andy Dorman on board with FCGB as the u12 DAP coach!!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X