X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16's would lose by 5

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I want to clarify that I meant that in five years a GPS NATIONAL team (not local) will compete with most local DAP teams. Locally the U18 GPS and NEFC U18 teams would probably beat the Bolts u18 DAP. And the GPS U16 team would play the Bolts DAP close. Both GPS and NEFC have as many players if not more going D1 than Bolts U18. If the national model is $$ only for GPS what is the end game for soccer development? Is it a national team that can compete with the best? It could all be $$ only which makes for good business but having a national product that you can put on a field the play the best in the country is VERY good for business. And yes I agree GPS really does help their players that want to go DAP.
    The 16's GPS team would get crushed by the bolts academy plain and simple. Yes many former scorpions kids are playing for the bolts but and a big but there is 3-4 kids that played for the bolts academy last year as well as the big back from NEFC that is (committed to Duke) and one of the best midfielders fro last years GPS team. with the results they have had this year its obvious they are a shell of a team from last year.

Comment

I can verify through first- and second-hand discussions with other parents that if a better opportunity comes for a kid, GPS will help them take it. If handled correctly, no bridges get burned and the door is open on the return. Doesn't make any sense to do it any other way, from a business standpoint.

We have them due to logistics, so can't compare if the grass is greener. That being said, we're perfectly happy.

Comment

I can verify through first- and second-hand discussions with other parents that if a better opportunity comes for a kid, GPS will help them take it. If handled correctly, no bridges get burned and the door is open on the return. Doesn't make any sense to do it any other way, from a business standpoint.

We have them due to logistics, so can't compare if the grass is greener. That being said, we're perfectly happy.
        have you ever seen a u16 GPS Select boys team - doing a great job omg

Comment

have you ever seen a u16 GPS Select boys team - doing a great job omg
          It's a SELECT team. You cannot judge GPS on their lower teams. There is a team for all and any players that are willing to pay to play. Most of their NPL team will end up being in the top three of the NPL league.

Comment

It's a SELECT team. You cannot judge GPS on their lower teams. There is a team for all and any players that are willing to pay to play. Most of their NPL team will end up being in the top three of the NPL league.
            why would anyone pay $3k to play on their select team and lose every game - you go on about how good the coaching is - its easy to coach very good trained players who are given to you picked from hundreds - not so easy coaching ok players --thats whats disappointing about GPS

Comment

The 16's GPS team would get crushed by the bolts academy plain and simple. Yes many former scorpions kids are playing for the bolts but and a big but there is 3-4 kids that played for the bolts academy last year as well as the big back from NEFC that is (committed to Duke) and one of the best midfielders fro last years GPS team. with the results they have had this year its obvious they are a shell of a team from last year.
              Crushed? I just can't see that. very interesting that dc tried to recruit even more of that gps team. The issue the 16 gps team has is that everyone wants to see them lose!!

Comment

A GPS team better then an Academy team?
                Are you drunk?

Comment

Are you drunk?
                  It is the full time GPS Global Marketing person posting all these exaggerations..I wonder if the old chap makes minimum wage like their coaches?

Comment

It is the full time GPS Global Marketing person posting all these exaggerations..I wonder if the old chap makes minimum wage like their coaches?
                    Their coaches do not make minimum wage. They make less. You need to be a US citizen for that honor...

Comment

Their coaches do not make minimum wage. They make less. You need to be a US citizen for that honor...
                      why would anyone pay $3k to play on their select team and lose every game - you go on about how good the coaching is - its easy to coach very good trained players who are given to you picked from hundreds - not so easy coaching ok players --thats whats disappointing about GPS

coaches make 5 an hour plus free phone calls and a soccer ball

Comment

Are you drunk?
                        Who said they were better? Bed time for you

Comment

coaches make 5 an hour plus free phone calls and a soccer ball
                          At least they have an impact on your life that you feel a need to ridicule them on here. They coach soccer to kids. Remind yourself of that... Fool!

Comment

At least they have an impact on your life that you feel a need to ridicule them on here. They coach soccer to kids. Remind yourself of that... Fool!
                            i have respect - its how GPS treat them that i dont like

Comment

i have respect - its how GPS treat them that i dont like
                              And, how it that?

My kid loves every one of the coaches. She goes to every camp and has nothing positive to say about all of them.

Comment

she what She goes to every camp and has nothing positive to say about all of them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X