X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Won in the fall, tied in the spring.

If you'd look at the title of the thread, it says garbage on the sideline and not garbage on the field. I'm not blaming the kids for the way they played, I was talking about what they were encouraged to do from the sideline. Go pound sand.
    I assume from your non-answer on the cards, there were none.

You might want to get your kid into a non-contact activity where talking is discouraged and or prohibited by the audience. Try golf. Or theater.

P.S. As I thought when you won last Fall, all was good. A tie this time and you are screaming. Typical. I also bet this is your first go round as a parent. First born? Or first soccer player?

Comment

I am the guy you told to go underneath a bridge. The balance of the posts responding to your original post are from someone else. I am not trolling you. I thought your'princess' comment was pretty classless so I didn't think I owed you much courtesy (and I expect none in return, because, you know your the 'Princess Guy'.

Any adult advocating hurting a kid is out of bounds. That having been said. I am betting your kid's team is hardly blameless. If the parents were that riled up one season later your kid's team must have been pretty bad. I don't know how many times I have seen some jack@$$ dad blow his top because 'Landon' got a yellow card after injuring a player on a dangerous play. Freaking out while the injured player is being carried off the field. I am sure your kid is fine. But I am not going to trust your judgement of the situation any more than I trust the other lunatic parents.
      OP here. I agree, my calling the other kids "princesses" was also out of bounds. There was no reason for me to take it out on the kids. And you're right, our kids gave their share back after the tone of the game was set. Replying to the guy that posted after you, this isn't my first kid nor my first time dealing with stupid parents at youth sporting events.

All that said, the original reason for my post was the ridiculous quotes from the parents. Kids are kids, and they're going to play the game the way they want to. The parents, the ones who often don't understand the rules or what is and isn't allowed within those rules have no business telling their kids to elbow or push other kids simply because THEY are frustrated. I'd expect that kind of ignorance from some of the town teams I've seen in the past, but not from an NEP team.

Again, and I repeat myself, this was not a post about the kids. It was meant to be about the parents and their sideline antics. Maybe it wasn't worded clearly.

Comment

If the parents were that riled up one season later your kid's team must have been pretty bad. I don't know how many times I have seen some jack@$$ dad blow his top because 'Landon' got a yellow card after injuring a player on a dangerous play. Freaking out while the injured player is being carried off the field. I am sure your kid is fine. But I am not going to trust your judgement of the situation any more than I trust the other lunatic parents.
        Forgot to touch on this, but I think a big reason they were riled up was because they were undefeated going into the second to last week of the fall season and we knocked them out of first place with the win. We're a decent team, but not a hyper-competitive team. We'll probably finish third in the league, and we're probably not going to win many tournaments. I'm fine with ties. Even losses. So the result of the game has no bearing on my feelings about the parents.

Comment

OP here. I agree, my calling the other kids "princesses" was also out of bounds. There was no reason for me to take it out on the kids. And you're right, our kids gave their share back after the tone of the game was set. Replying to the guy that posted after you, this isn't my first kid nor my first time dealing with stupid parents at youth sporting events.

All that said, the original reason for my post was the ridiculous quotes from the parents. Kids are kids, and they're going to play the game the way they want to. The parents, the ones who often don't understand the rules or what is and isn't allowed within those rules have no business telling their kids to elbow or push other kids simply because THEY are frustrated. I'd expect that kind of ignorance from some of the town teams I've seen in the past, but not from an NEP team.

Again, and I repeat myself, this was not a post about the kids. It was meant to be about the parents and their sideline antics. Maybe it wasn't worded clearly.
          I agree with you on the parent comments. Keep in mind, that there are likely some parents on TS that are those types of parents. You'll likely get defensive responses from them.

As someone else said, just ignore the parents. If it's out of hand and dangerous, I would pull my kid from the game.

As I always like to tell my kids "You can't control other people's behavior. You can only control how you react."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X