X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's in the bag!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not true!!! Kid's are picked up every year from tryouts even elite teams.
    Get real! I remember talking to a new FC STARS coach at the first night of tryouts. After I said my named he pulled a list out of his pocket and showed by that my daughter was on it! Tryouts had not even started.

You are incredibly naïve to think this is not all predetermined and that the club recruit players from other teams who have guaranteed slots before tryouts occur.

If the coaches have been watching your kid play all season, they know that they don't magically improve at tryouts...

In fact at the older ages, if they have school conflicts they do not even have to show up...

So -- understand the "politics" of this sport for what they are.....

Comment

Get real! I remember talking to a new FC STARS coach at the first night of tryouts. After I said my named he pulled a list out of his pocket and showed by that my daughter was on it! Tryouts had not even started.

You are incredibly naïve to think this is not all predetermined and that the club recruit players from other teams who have guaranteed slots before tryouts occur.

If the coaches have been watching your kid play all season, they know that they don't magically improve at tryouts...

In fact at the older ages, if they have school conflicts they do not even have to show up...

The "politics" are that they take the best players available.

Sure, most of the time they have found the best players before tryouts. BUT, if somebody shows up who is one of the best that they have never seen before they will get selected.

The issue is, most everybody has been seen. Coaches are everywhere, every weekend. There are very few secret superstars hiding on teams that don't get seen.

Comment

Taken from the NEP website under "NEP Recruitment Rules"

The official League date for contacting a player to try-out will be:
        U9-12 - Wednesday, May 31, 2016 (or 1st day after Memorial Day)
        U13-18 - Monday, June 13, 2016 (or 1st day after end of NEP season)
        All NEP clubs will be allowed to hold try-outs on:
        U10-11 - On or after June 13, 2016 *
        U12-18 - On or after June 20, 2016 *
        * These dates are subject to changed.

IF these dates have changed, why hasn't SC & the NEP let anyone know?

Of course GPS and other clubs are posting their tryouts the week of 6/6 and 6/13. I don't think SC cares what his buddies from GPS or NEFC do. Just hold tryouts when you want, do what you want, break recruitment rules as you please... gobble up as much money too while you are at it!

Comment

Well, duh. Of course they know who everyone is. They were expecting your kid there as you sign up online. Coaches who have had teams for multiple years know virtually every local kid in the age group they coach.

Comment

Taken from the NEP website under "NEP Recruitment Rules"

The official League date for contacting a player to try-out will be:
            U9-12 - Wednesday, May 31, 2016 (or 1st day after Memorial Day)
            U13-18 - Monday, June 13, 2016 (or 1st day after end of NEP season)
            All NEP clubs will be allowed to hold try-outs on:
            U10-11 - On or after June 13, 2016 *
            U12-18 - On or after June 20, 2016 *
            * These dates are subject to changed.

IF these dates have changed, why hasn't SC & the NEP let anyone know?

Of course GPS and other clubs are posting their tryouts the week of 6/6 and 6/13. I don't think SC cares what his buddies from GPS or NEFC do. Just hold tryouts when you want, do what you want, break recruitment rules as you please... gobble up as much money too while you are at it!
            Got an email from Bolts. Tryouts are the same weeks - June 6 and 13.

Comment

I think you saw the "Tryout Registration List." When you register on-line, those lists can be printed out by the club at any time.

Comment

Interesting how much concern trolling there is for supposedly unsuspecting FCB parents. Tryout with "every other club"? You mean with the three ECNL clubs, of course. Stars is a known quantity, and interested families would have already had their girls guest practicing. Everyone knows very little at the high end happens at tryouts.

So that leaves BBA/NEFC. It's actually good to know that quality players are needed and wanted there--even if your way of getting out the word is typically condescending and vicious. There aren't obviously enough quality attacking players to go around for three ECNL clubs.

In short, with the age-group change and BBA's recently getting into the ECNL, there might be a mutual opportunity for underappreciated and and underplaced attacking players. You could have just cut to the chase and said that.
                NEFC and Scorpions practices .... there is no comparison, not even close . If your daughter wants to play for an elite team go to NEFC . If you want to get ECNL exposure without any of the hard work or talent . Go to FCB . Great that the free market is offering real choice . You can play basketball and make FCB ECNL. Awesome!

Comment

Great to know. My kid still would never return
                  Sorry he couldn't take it. Enjoy GPS☎️

Comment

So it appears Stars, Aztec, FCB, and GPS have all announced and published their tryout dates (Stars even has their coaching assignments up), but nothing yet from NEFC. Do you think it has to do with the new BBA and ECNL partnership that are delaying their information.?

Comment

talking soccer

So it appears Stars, Aztec, FCB, and GPS have all announced and published their tryout dates (Stars even has their coaching assignments up), but nothing yet from NEFC. Do you think it has to do with the new BBA and ECNL partnership that are delaying their information.?
                      I see the coaches assignments for Stars but am missing the tryout dates. Do you happen to know when they are?

Comment

I see the coaches assignments for Stars but am missing the tryout dates. Do you happen to know when they are?
                        I think you need to register to see the dates.

Comment

Curious as to which club you are talking about. Thanks.
                          Valeo, too.

They sent out about 50% of the roster spots to early commits

Comment

Valeo, too.

They sent out about 50% of the roster spots to early commits
                            So did FC Boston, Stars and NEFC whats the point

Comment

No, more to do with NEFC having a bunch of dumbas ses running the show. Thank god they have talented kids coming to that club to carry their name. Bunch of pompous idiots.

Comment

No, more to do with NEFC having a bunch of dumbas ses running the show. Thank god they have talented kids coming to that club to carry their name. Bunch of pompous idiots.
                                Well NEFC - Breaker were confident enough to put up their tryout info.

http://www.nefc.us/srgirlstryouts

What about the Stars and other guys.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X