Talking-Soccer.com  
Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
http://www.edpsoccer.com/news_articl...rer_id=1249986

All the teams logos it has on their website none of those teams have applied yet according to the applied list teams. Something must be going on. A lot of confusion.
The confusion is only abundant among the laymen. EDP and the teams know quite well what is going on.

I'm one of the laymen, except that I belong to one of the clubs with the logo, and I can assure you we've been told the teams have applied for, and accepted to EDP. What division or region, I do not know.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
http://www.edpsoccer.com/news_articl...rer_id=1249986

All the teams logos it has on their website none of those teams have applied yet according to the applied list teams. Something must be going on. A lot of confusion.
My club put in a couple of teams and we are not on the applied team list yet. I wouldn't put much salt in that list.

That being said, I too was told that there are no "EDP LI" divisions, just EDP North. LM embellished.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

LM is a strange duck. Why would he embellish a story so that it clearly competes with a title sponsor? I'm not sure there even is a story other then July 15 deadline. All LM did was promote membership into a league that already exsisted at the expense of NYCSL and as you can see clubs that had multiple teams in NYCSL now have their badge at EDP. Another satisfied customer, thanks LM advertising agency.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My club put in a couple of teams and we are not on the applied team list yet. I wouldn't put much salt in that list.

That being said, I too was told that there are no "EDP LI" divisions, just EDP North. LM embellished.
Questions:

Did LM change the original ad on his own just to screw with people?
or did EDP initially want the ad that way but didn't anticipate the confusion it would cause?
or was EDP planning on doing a LI division, not realizing how much it would weaken North?
or did EDP back off once NYCSL put pressure on some of the clubs to stay?

Inquiring minds want to know
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Questions:

Did LM change the original ad on his own just to screw with people?
or did EDP initially want the ad that way but didn't anticipate the confusion it would cause?
or was EDP planning on doing a LI division, not realizing how much it would weaken North?
or did EDP back off once NYCSL put pressure on some of the clubs to stay?

Inquiring minds want to know
I think that LM was beyond pissed that Gary took in Barca. This made LM look really bad both to the public and to his other sponsors like Surf that had been locked out of NPL. To get his revenge he pulled this "EDP Long Island" stunt. And if you ask me, EDP was in on it. Maybe they really would have created EDP LI divisions if they got enough teams but they didn't and aren't.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think that LM was beyond pissed that Gary took in Barca. This made LM look really bad both to the public and to his other sponsors like Surf that had been locked out of NPL. To get his revenge he pulled this "EDP Long Island" stunt. And if you ask me, EDP was in on it. Maybe they really would have created EDP LI divisions if they got enough teams but they didn't and aren't.
Good point about Larry and Gary and retribution for Barca. That is so Larry Miller, vindictive bitch
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LM is a strange duck. Why would he embellish a story so that it clearly competes with a title sponsor? I'm not sure there even is a story other then July 15 deadline. All LM did was promote membership into a league that already exsisted at the expense of NYCSL and as you can see clubs that had multiple teams in NYCSL now have their badge at EDP. Another satisfied customer, thanks LM advertising agency.
----------------
My guess is that Larry believes that he was instrumental in help Gary build NYCSL into the force as it by highlighting the problems with LIJSL. He probably did play a big role and perhaps feels underappreciated by Gary and/or perhaps he is renegotiating his financial arrangements with NYCSL.

Posting something about EDP may have been done to prove just how much influence he has. And he does! Look at how many people are blogging about it.

I think it's just all part of some negotiation. I can certainly see LM influencing clubs/teams to consider EDP if it provided the same league structure and scheduling options that in LI that NYCSL does.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

LM just admitted that this "EDP LI" will include teams in NYC and Lower Westchester, just like EDP North does. But claims somehow that this is not just EDP North. lol.


"Teams that are based on Long Island WILL be given the choice of whether they want to travel to NJ and other distant locations or play approx 80% of their games either on Long Island or within a short distance Like the boros or lower Westchester."
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LM is a strange d ick.
fixed it. So full of himself and his supposed influence. As for what EDP is actually doing, I'll wait until EDP comes out with an official announcement or brackets, not whatever LM posts.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This must be one of the funniest things Larry ash ever posted (and that says a great deal). Kettle meet pot

Spin, spin, spin...

Teams that are based on Long Island WILL be given the choice of whether they want to travel to NJ and other distant locations or play approx 80% of their games either on Long Island or within a short distance Like the boros or lower Westchester.

How the divisions will be formed is not known until the alignments come out. EDP North, South or EDP on the moon is a nonsensical argument since the issue is and has always been (a) travel, and (b) customer service.

Parents, coaches, teams and clubs need to be very weary of any information coming from all these brave anonymous posters. If they were right and had the real information they would take ownership of their posts which they clearly have not.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.