Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 07-14-2017
Unregistered

went over to read what was being said about this - weird whatever the heck is going on

How is the title of this thread EDP Long Island Founding Member Clubs.. what are the clubs listed - SUSA, Smithtown, Surf founding members of??

to which Larry responded:

That's an easy question to answer. I made it up.

BTW, since you want to poke at this you forgot to mention the other "founding clubs". Do you know who they might be?
Old 07-14-2017
Unregistered

It was a straight up bait and switch.
Old 07-14-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
went over to read what was being said about this - weird whatever the heck is going on

How is the title of this thread EDP Long Island Founding Member Clubs.. what are the clubs listed - SUSA, Smithtown, Surf founding members of??

to which Larry responded:

That's an easy question to answer. I made it up.

BTW, since you want to poke at this you forgot to mention the other "founding clubs". Do you know who they might be?
There you have it ... Larry admits he changes stories to fit his narratives
Old 07-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
There you have it ... Larry admits he changes stories to fit his narratives
So Larry would manipulate an ad and or lie? I find that hard to believe even for him. EDP and others wouldn't take too kindly to that. LM is already on shaky ground with clubs and leagues
Old 07-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
So Larry would manipulate an ad and or lie? I find that hard to believe even for him. EDP and others wouldn't take too kindly to that. LM is already on shaky ground with clubs and leagues
He stated that he manipulated his own posting
Old 07-15-2017
Unregistered

I am confused. The banner that lists EDP Long Island, good company thing. It lists eight clubs. All of which are on Long Island. There are many other teams and clubs in EDP not listed. Also, to note, the import piece here.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/t...&eventid=59881

Only lists a few teams from any of those eight clubs, yet list tons of other Long Island teams in EDP.

Leads me to believe there will in fact be a division for Long Island, maybe I'm wrong. But where are those other clubs? I found a few Surf and two sesa teams on the applied for EDP list. If EDP used those other clubs' logos I'm pretty sure they applied and where accepted in to some division, no?
Old 07-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I am confused. The banner that lists EDP Long Island, good company thing. It lists eight clubs. All of which are on Long Island. There are many other teams and clubs in EDP not listed. Also, to note, the import piece here.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/t...&eventid=59881

Only lists a few teams from any of those eight clubs, yet list tons of other Long Island teams in EDP.

Leads me to believe there will in fact be a division for Long Island, maybe I'm wrong. But where are those other clubs? I found a few Surf and two sesa teams on the applied for EDP list. If EDP used those other clubs' logos I'm pretty sure they applied and where accepted in to some division, no?
I was told flat out by Jen from EDP that there is no such thing as EDP Long Island. Long Island teams would still be facing teams from Northern NJ, NYC, Westchester and Southern CT.

Now, if a bunch of LI teams joined that would make it more likely to have the majority of your opponents being LI based, but there are no LI only divisions being created.
Old 07-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
He stated that he manipulated his own posting
That's whack
Old 07-15-2017
Unregistered

http://www.edpsoccer.com/news_articl...rer_id=1249986

All the teams logos it has on their website none of those teams have applied yet according to the applied list teams. Something must be going on. A lot of confusion.
Old 07-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
http://www.edpsoccer.com/news_articl...rer_id=1249986

All the teams logos it has on their website none of those teams have applied yet according to the applied list teams. Something must be going on. A lot of confusion.
My theory. EDP wanted to promote their NY presence to mitigate any pressure from NYCSL. So EDP publishes the above logos to show that they have a strong NY presence. Larry manipulated that promotion to purporte that EDP was starting a Long Island division