Talking-Soccer.com  
Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I remember a couple of years ago when LM was doing Gary's bidding by pee-ing on the WYSL and trying to rabble-rouse and get clubs to move to NYCSL.

Our team considered it and I remember working up the numbers and posting that NYCSL would be net $700 more expensive per team per year. Close to 60% more expensive. At the time, for U12 the WYSL charged $1100 for fall/spring and provided all organizing and 1 ref per game.

For $700 more you got the nycsl website, 3 refs per game and the double edged sword of being able to play on Sat or Sun at time of the host team's choosing.

Anyways, botn wouldn't post my write up because it would show that nycsl was more expensive ...even though I mentioned that the competition at the D1 levels was much stronger and that my team would be moving there for that.

#5
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The absurdity and delusional posts about NY Surf getting ECNL or GDA is beyond!!! I posted about parents taking a look at the ECNL website to see what type of records the clubs that are admitted have and it got censored. I guess my pointing out that Surf doesn't even have the age groups, let alone any record worthy of mentioning was frowned upon. But I can't with these people anymore, they need just a hint of a clue. They're embarrassing themselves now.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post BOTN Censored Posts Here

The biggest issue I have with BOTN - is Larry knocks some clubs and black list them from posting anything on his website. Take a look at this NY Forum - you see tryout list from HBC and I personally know Larry doesn't allow certain clubs to post tryouts on his forum. Why do we even entertain BOTN anymore!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

He altered one of my posts once. It was a very short sentence, just a few words. So when it showed up as two sentences it was so obvious. Posted anonymously of course . So not only does he outright censor but he edits other posts to his liking. Too funny
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I don't know how this post lipped past LM in a continued effort to slam Barca

Barca is not paying for advertising on BOTN. Surf did I think. So this is not complicated why they are treated differently

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't know how this post lipped past LM in a continued effort to slam Barca

Barca is not paying for advertising on BOTN. Surf did I think. So this is not complicated why they are treated differently

Saw that also. I believe he took it down already. Another censorship bust Larry!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Saw that also. I believe he took it down already. Another censorship bust Larry!!!
Really he took it down? LMAO...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is crazy how Barca has taken over the academy forum.
Of course it has, because BOTN refuses to start a Barca thread even though it is clearly the hottest topic being discussed in the NY soccer scene. BOTN should be thanking Barca, because since the announcement this site has gotten more traffic than ever before in the history of BOTN. I find it ironically amusing.

The above response never made it to the message board.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Of course it has, because BOTN refuses to start a Barca thread even though it is clearly the hottest topic being discussed in the NY soccer scene. BOTN should be thanking Barca, because since the announcement this site has gotten more traffic than ever before in the history of BOTN. I find it ironically amusing.

The above response never made it to the message board.
I'm here too, so definitely not saying I'm above it all, but when you say it's the hottest topic in the NY Soccer scene, don't you really mean it's the hottest topic among the 25-30 people who regularly read this board and BOTN?

I remember everyone thinking SURF was the hottest topic last year, but if you ask 100 parents about it, 95 would shrug their shoulders and have no idea what you were talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm here too, so definitely not saying I'm above it all, but when you say it's the hottest topic in the NY Soccer scene, don't you really mean it's the hottest topic among the 25-30 people who regularly read this board and BOTN?

I remember everyone thinking SURF was the hottest topic last year, but if you ask 100 parents about it, 95 would shrug their shoulders and have no idea what you were talking about.
I understand what you're saying but this is on a whole other level. Only true Youth soccer heads even know who Surf is, EVERYONE knows who Barca is and I've yet to talk to anyone involved in youth soccer at any level that isn't aware that Barca is here. My point still stands, why isn't there a thread inBZoTN devoted to this topic?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.