Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 06-17-2017
Unregistered

Actually what this says is that there is a zero chance of anything getting built this year. If they don't even have the lease yet that means that they haven't even submitted plans to the building department yet, applied for variances, etc. There is a lot of red tape still to go before the first shovel hits dirt. It's questionable that they'll even have anything for 2018-2019.
Old 06-17-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually what this says is that there is a zero chance of anything getting built this year. If they don't even have the lease yet that means that they haven't even submitted plans to the building department yet, applied for variances, etc. There is a lot of red tape still to go before the first shovel hits dirt. It's questionable that they'll even have anything for 2018-2019.
They will have fewer players next year. A lot of kids leaving and we have been overwhelmed with late requests for extended tryouts from Susa kids. 8 coming to training this week for one team alone and that's happening everywhere.

Where they are losing players are B/C teams that refuse to pay the rates anymore. They will scale back the CI site because of this.
Old 06-17-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Of course you see nothing wrong - you are the same poster.
Not the OP. Not from LI either so I have no idea about the psycho mom, her daughters, their age group, the club(s) they play(ed) for.

Old 07-26-2017
Unregistered

Drove by the new complex in Central Islip yesterday. The weeds are a foot taller from last month and browner. Nothing going on.
Old 07-26-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Drove by the new complex in Central Islip yesterday. The weeds are a foot taller from last month and browner. Nothing going on.
SUSA is getting nervous. They are calling around looking for more teams. Barca has put a major hurting on SUSA's #s. Dont let anyone tell you differently.
Old 07-26-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
SUSA is getting nervous. They are calling around looking for more teams. Barca has put a major hurting on SUSA's #s. Dont let anyone tell you differently.
We left SUSA----TOO EXPENSIVE!!!
Old 07-26-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
They are all beating each other up. 300 players is $600,000 in revenue, i think its fair to say they all have that registered in their stables.
Old 07-26-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
They lost a lot of players this spring from their C and D teams and are trying to make the numbers up by taking literally anyone who shows up.

They have also lost entire teams back to Commack as that club is starting to put out a large number of teams in their own name again.
Old 07-26-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
They lost a lot of players this spring from their C and D teams and are trying to make the numbers up by taking literally anyone who shows up.

They have also lost entire teams back to Commack as that club is starting to put out a large number of teams in their own name again.
Let's be honest, if we're talking about C and D teams, of course they'll take anyone who shows up. On the flip side, if a kid is a C and D level player, it would be crazy to pay Susa prices at that level.

Full disclosure, my kid plays on a Susa NPL team and had some friends from school tryout. They made the C team and asked my opinion on what I thought. I told them to save their money and play for Commack.
Old 07-26-2017
Unregistered

Larry promised a Susa announcement yesterday. A guy asked what's the news just before and he played dumb. I also think he removed his comment promising news yesterday by the end of the day.

So another day no update.