Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 06-13-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Parents saying Susa rates going up again next year to finance their complex. I thought they had the financing lined up?
Considering that it's going to take a few years to get done, that means that the current generation is being asked to pony up for facilities that they won't even be able to use.
Old 06-13-2017
Unregistered

Seems like it would be more economical to just rent existing facilities.
Old 06-13-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Considering that it's going to take a few years to get done, that means that the current generation is being asked to pony up for facilities that they won't even be able to use.
Barca is going to crush SUSA with their complex. Why play for a second or third team at SUSA when you could do the same for Barca? Any kid would love to wear the uniform. Because of their Kings Park complex, SUSA will never build their complex. It becomes too high risk now if they don't have the numbers to support it. Plus, their complex has not yet been approved. Politicians will probably not approve at this point as their constituents are strongly opposed.
Old 06-14-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Barca is going to crush SUSA with their complex. Why play for a second or third team at SUSA when you could do the same for Barca? Any kid would love to wear the uniform. Because of their Kings Park complex, SUSA will never build their complex. It becomes too high risk now if they don't have the numbers to support it. Plus, their complex has not yet been approved. Politicians will probably not approve at this point as their constituents are strongly opposed.
You mean the $475 registration they charge per player won't cover the operating costs and debt service on this multi-million dollar complex? Lol. I've been saying this since day 1. You can't build what those renderings show and not expect their already high fees to double or triple. It's impossible to pull off what they want without either screwing the taxpayers of Islip (land below cost) or players families (substantially higher fees).

Most Independent trainers I know make $60-75k per year. If you crunch the numbers they would have to pay much less so what bucket will this debt service and operating costs come from? There is a reason big clubs are typically far from urban areas where land is cheaper and non-profit. Once you throw even a 30% gross margin on the costs of soccer on an already expensive LI the numbers will NEVER work without sacrificing something.

My guess is the guy that owns this wants to grab the land, go broke and sell it for a profit. Sorry Islip, I tried to make the soccer thing work! Think Roosevelt Raceway and that land giveaway in central Nassau that became prime retail space. Always happens on LI with the corrupt politicians and always will because the tax payers never hold the crooks accountable.
Old 06-14-2017
Unregistered

Would be funny if they raise the rates to pay for the facility, and then never build it anyway.
Old 06-14-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Would be funny if they raise the rates to pay for the facility, and then never build it anyway.
I heard they did raise fees for that very purpose but let's say they build 2 fields. Will they do it again the following year to build more? Larry swore the guy had the money.

As for it getting built, who knows? Not even a sign or a hint of pending construction on the site and they do not have title to the land as of today. Feel free to drive by people:

263 Carleton Avenue, Central Islip, NY 11722
Old 06-14-2017
Unregistered

On the verge of collapse in Commack. Ask any board member, it's the worst kept secret. A majority wants them gone and there is a plan in motion. They will try to steal up to 500 players from the club but that will never happen.

I can't confirm this but others say the same plan is in motion in Dix Hills.
Old 06-14-2017
Unregistered

Default SUSA is Positioned to Blow

If they start to lose the town clubs Commack/Dix Hills/Bayport then they are in big trouble as that is a lot of kids and no way will they be able to sustain the field complex. People are starting to realize it is a mill and why should anyone be paying those type of fees to be playing in some cases div 5 and 6 soccer. Glad to see people waking up.
Old 06-14-2017
Unregistered

Why would they build a complex when Barca will outspend them in Suffolk and Valencia CF is building a 97,000 SF indoor facility at Post while promising all UEFA A coaches and directors?

Susa will be relegated to a rec club that costs more than it's better competitors.

It's financial Susacide!
Old 06-14-2017
Unregistered

Default Susa

Quote:
On the verge of collapse in Commack. Ask any board member, it's the worst kept secret. A majority wants them gone and there is a plan in motion. They will try to steal up to 500 players from the club but that will never happen.

I can't confirm this but others say the same plan is in motion in Dix Hills.
I heard a few teams are leaving Commack and going to Northport.