Talking-Soccer.com  
Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-28-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Cosmos in Trouble

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/cosmos...n-doubt-55932/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-29-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Kids in their DA program have to pay in January. So much for the free ride!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-29-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Kids in their DA program have to pay in January. So much for the free ride!
Car**y thing to do to families with such short notice. But I'm not surprised - running DA is costly let alone doing it for free. I think it's one reason why not all clubs are happily jumping on the GDA bandwagon. If clubs can't offer it for free they're pressured to at least reduce fees. Depending on a club's financials, how many profitable teams they have etc not everyone can afford to do that.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-29-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Car**y thing to do to families with such short notice. But I'm not surprised - running DA is costly let alone doing it for free. I think it's one reason why not all clubs are happily jumping on the GDA bandwagon. If clubs can't offer it for free they're pressured to at least reduce fees. Depending on a club's financials, how many profitable teams they have etc not everyone can afford to do that.
And the only way a club can offer GDA or Boys DA for free is to charge their lesser players more. Unless you're a profitable pro team, the way DAs have to work is that the weaker players at the club subsidize the more talented who pay zero.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-29-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And the only way a club can offer GDA or Boys DA for free is to charge their lesser players more. Unless you're a profitable pro team, the way DAs have to work is that the weaker players at the club subsidize the more talented who pay zero.
Yes so you have to have a massive , profitable club. Not many non MLS teams are free but most have reduced fees. I imagine they charge what they need to break even on a team as opposed to making a profit.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-29-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Kids in their DA program have to pay in January. So much for the free ride!



There might be no ride. Reports coming out that Cosmos informed NASL that they will cease operations. On NYFC forums and Twitter. Some are denying the recent info.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-29-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There might be no ride. Reports coming out that Cosmos informed NASL that they will cease operations. On NYFC forums and Twitter. Some are denying the recent info.
That would leave a lot of kids hanging midseason
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-30-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I've been saying for a year. The Cosmos business model doesn't work. It was based on becoming a MLS franchise and that isn't going to happen since NYCFC was formed.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-05-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've been saying for a year. The Cosmos business model doesn't work. It was based on becoming a MLS franchise and that isn't going to happen since NYCFC was formed.
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/the-en...ntracts-56098/
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-05-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And that's definitely the end because you can't terminate contracts and expect to stay in business. They would be sued out of existence immediately.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.