Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 07-11-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ECNL and now GDA as well
along with Northeast NPL (girls, partner with ECNL clubs) and Northeast PreAcademy (boys).

It has really spun out of control
Old 07-11-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
ECNL and now GDA as well
I wasn't including ECNL and GDA because I don't see those reverting back to play EDP Long Island.
Old 07-12-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I wasn't including ECNL and GDA because I don't see those reverting back to play EDP Long Island.
But both take many of the more talented players, also spread across too many clubs causing more dilution and confusion. There is some degree of overlap between lower level ECNL and DA players and top EDP/NPL players. LI and US soccer in general is turning into a stew of mediocrity
Old 07-18-2017
Unregistered

There is NO Long Island division in EPD it's all regular EDP north.
I have confirmed this with EDP
Old 07-18-2017
Unregistered

Figured as much - some of the LI clubs are good but there aren't enough good LI clubs to make a LI only division to keep them happy. And if they pulled out of North, it weakened the North division too much to keep those remaining clubs happy.
Old 07-18-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
There is NO Long Island division in EPD it's all regular EDP north.
I have confirmed this with EDP
If anything, looking through the accepted teams lists they have even less LI teams than ever. Having LM being your spokesperson kind of backfired on them.
Old 07-18-2017
Unregistered

And LM finally admits reality, though he is still trying to spin it as a positive. Basically, all the LI teams will be in EDP North along with teams from NYC, Lower CT, Westchester and Northern NJ just like they always have been. There is nothing new. Nothing was founded. This was all just a scam.

"You are correct, but that is because there never was going to be an EDP Long Island ONLY League. What there is and is going to continue in more forceful and aggressive manner based on a call I received today, is a push to offer EDP to Long Island teams, something that has always been available to Long Island. Then, with more Long Island teams the schedules are expected to show and give teams the the travel choices which is at the heart of this matter."
Old 07-18-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
And LM finally admits reality, though he is still trying to spin it as a positive. Basically, all the LI teams will be in EDP North along with teams from NYC, Lower CT, Westchester and Northern NJ just like they always have been. There is nothing new. Nothing was founded. This was all just a scam.

"You are correct, but that is because there never was going to be an EDP Long Island ONLY League. What there is and is going to continue in more forceful and aggressive manner based on a call I received today, is a push to offer EDP to Long Island teams, something that has always been available to Long Island. Then, with more Long Island teams the schedules are expected to show and give teams the the travel choices which is at the heart of this matter."
Exactly what several of us said ... Larry you where the one who caused the confusion
Old 07-18-2017
Unregistered

So if it was something that was always available to Long Island teams and Long Island teams have entered for years .... what exactly were they founding?

And if you scan the registration lists, these "founding" clubs have barely put any teams in it. A complete bait and switch.
Old 07-18-2017
Unregistered

The EDP list of accepted teams is way out of date. I know couple teams accepted to EDP two weeks ago that aren't listed.