Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 07-06-2017
Unregistered

yeah! take that d-bag!
Old 07-06-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what does Larry have to do with Barcelona and why should he care? besides back of the net what else does he do in soccer that he would be affected or care about barcelona. i dont understand. I cant find his name anywhere but here and backofthent
Why should he care? One of the largest world football brands comes to New York and he's openly hostile. when asked about why he didn't start a Barca thread he says they need to prove themselves.

Yet when a California based club comes to New York, he claims that they will be the next coming. He touts them for ECNL and GDA. He talks about how their college coaches will transform NY. When folks suggest that it will take time for Surf to gain a foothold, he censors those post

The only difference is that Surf pays him to shill and Barca doesn't. This is a common theme for Larry, he touts his advertisers and bashes non advertisers

This entire thread was started because people were tired of Larry Miller
Old 07-06-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm not the poster - LM doesn't have me riled up but I can say he is a scourge to area soccer and parents looking for information (face it this landscape is a MESS). He pretends to be unbiased and informative when he's anything but. As for Barcelona? Barcelona could undermine his paying clients. He over promotes those who pay and derides the ones that don't or are a threat to his customer base. He has been doing it for years. He also won't post comments that disagree with him or even question his customers (not slamming but just a legitimate question).

Fortunately his influence is quickly dwindling. He shot himself in the foot with readers and clients with the Surf mess last year.
I'm too old for this but maybe we should take up a collection and advertise this site at the wysl and lijsl websites. Or hand out flyers at tournaments ...

I think you're right that parents seeking info learn of the option of coming here.
Old 07-06-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm too old for this but maybe we should take up a collection and advertise this site at the wysl and lijsl websites. Or hand out flyers at tournaments ...

I think you're right that parents seeking info learn of the option of coming here.
This site is very easy to find.
Old 07-06-2017
Unregistered

Quote:

Word of mouth is easy enough. Tell friends and parents on your kids teams
Old 07-25-2017
Unregistered

Ewwww

Larry shows his what gets him excited...

LM: ... As as defamation, the thought of Danilo going after me and BOTN for defamation gets me hard from the anticipation of that happening, and at my age that is not easy to do!!
Old 07-25-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Ewwww

Larry shows his what gets him excited...

LM: ... As as defamation, the thought of Danilo going after me and BOTN for defamation gets me hard from the anticipation of that happening, and at my age that is not easy to do!!
The thing is, I'm pretty sure that someone set up LM on this one and he took the bait. I see nothing from any of Danilo's public stuff showing that he is attempting to split off from surf.
Old 07-25-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
The thing is, I'm pretty sure that someone set up LM on this one and he took the bait. I see nothing from any of Danilo's public stuff showing that he is attempting to split off from surf.
He claims he has a screen shot of DVs social media. Something does feel funny about this whole affair.

There are a bunch of interesting posts he's letting through

One claiming he's getting kickbacks
Another claiming he's going to get sued
Old 07-25-2017
Unregistered

the Danilo thread is epic. Im LOVING it
Old 07-25-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
the Danilo thread is epic. Im LOVING it
What is there to love?

Reading posts from a stupid, uneducated person with no life? This about it, this guy is 73 or 74 years old, sitting in his basement bashing youth soccer coaches...and there are people out there who really listen to this guy.

He is just an ignorant person.