Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The only thing ODP was for years ago was to an ID pool for potential NT players. You would try to make a state team and then a regional team and then a national team. You would get training, but if you couldn't make it to the next team level, you'd be cut. Not sure if it's still like that, but the way you describe it makes it sound like whatever the individual player wants it to be.

I also didn't say they discouraged club soccer, what they discouraged was they 1) recruiting solely club players and 2) making anyone who wasn't on a club feel they didn't have a shot. For that reason, they discouraged players/parents bragging about it or showing up with their kit on. You could play club, but it didn't improve your chances of playing in ODP. Even few of the coaches were from club teams, most were college or HS coaches affiliated with MYSA back then.

Go back and read through the thread. Comments like 'ODP is full of this club's or that league's players' or 'coaches come from this club' really seem elitist to me. What if you are a good player, but not on a club? How are you attracting people who can't afford club?
    LL is simply looking for a pathway for her players to NT. Pathetic. She’s a grub

Comment

I have heard LL has blatantly gone out of her way to block players that came from other clubs that were clearly more qualified. This came from other ODP coaches
      I tend to doubt that. My daughter plays for a rival club and Liz HATES our coach and director and she got the invite.

Comment

Almost all made the team but a few.

Comment

Almost all made the team but a few.
          How do you know? Or is that because so few tried out?

Comment

LL is simply looking for a pathway for her players to NT. Pathetic. She’s a grub
            Not sure you get to NT without being great, regardless of coach pull from small area of MA.

Comment

Not sure you get to NT without being great, regardless of coach pull from small area of MA.
              She already developed two to the NT. Anyone know how they got there?

Comment

She did??? What are their names? I would love to hear who LL thinks she "developed" onto the NT.

Comment

She did??? What are their names? I would love to hear who LL thinks she "developed" onto the NT.
                  AS for you one

Comment

Hahahaha a sucker is born every day

Comment

AS for you one
                      Who? Come on now, if they are on a NT roster their name is public. If so proud, let's see a link to their roster bio.

Comment

Who? Come on now, if they are on a NT roster their name is public. If so proud, let's see a link to their roster bio.
                        Everyone who knows high level girls soccer knows who AS is. No, we don’t need to link her bio (she’s 14), and no I don’t think LL had a ton to do with her development. AS is a unicorn with and LL and SSS has overused her and riden her so hard in the name of wins, and continue to jeapordize her health doing so.

Comment

Everyone who knows high level girls soccer knows who AS is. No, we don’t need to link her bio (she’s 14), and no I don’t think LL had a ton to do with her development. AS is a unicorn with and LL and SSS has overused her and riden her so hard in the name of wins, and continue to jeapordize her health doing so.
                          LOL! 14 and "high level" soccer aren't two terms that go together! I guess if the NT had a U-7 team that would be "semi pro" to you. No offense to this player's accomplishments, but when they said LL "developed" someone on the NT I thought they must be at the U-20 level, not someone who can't legally drive! LOL!

This kind of represents the BS they try to sell with ODP. It's not a path to NT, it's a promotion gimmick for club coaches.

Comment

NT and YNT are used interchangeably too often. Two current Select players AS & LR are often called into the YNT camps, games etc.

Comment

NT and YNT are used interchangeably too often. Two current Select players AS & LR are often called into the YNT camps, games etc.
                              Good for them! Unfortunately, it's not a straight line from YNT to the NT. Don't know the stats offhand, but I wouldn't be surprised if very few current full NT or U-20's were on U-15 or 17 YNT teams.

ODP is pretty much dead. US Soccer didn't like what it saw in terms of development and cut USYS out of the picture when they created DA. On the boys side, about 95% of the U-20 NT came from DA. The same is happening only the girls side.

Comment

LOL! 14 and "high level" soccer aren't two terms that go together! I guess if the NT had a U-7 team that would be "semi pro" to you. No offense to this player's accomplishments, but when they said LL "developed" someone on the NT I thought they must be at the U-20 level, not someone who can't legally drive! LOL!

This kind of represents the BS they try to sell with ODP. It's not a path to NT, it's a promotion gimmick for club coaches.
                                14 year olds are freshman in high school and if they are really talented and special, are getting noticed and identified at the national level, which leads them to extensive training to one day be on the U-20 national team after high school. So its not too young to be on that path. ODP doesn't really sell this to the kids in the program, everyone knows its there, but if you know anything about ODP, you'll know the no one really talks about the YNT. Maybe at the regional camp it gets discussed, but not at the state pool. And club coaches really have nothing to do with promoting ODP, so its not a gimmick for them at all.
                                I think you might be confusing different programs and paths.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X