X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FYSA trying to put a band aid on a gaping head wound:

In an effort to provide the best experience for teams participating in the Florida State Premier League we are adding the choice of 1 blackout weekend to the upcoming season.

This means that teams will be allowed to choose 1 weekend in which they have games scheduled to be moved to the October 21-22 weekend.

As a reminder, teams will have games scheduled on all published play dates (not including the listed rain dates). Please review the dates and determine which weekend you would like to forego having your FSPL games scheduled.

All mandatory published play dates are eligible to be moved.

Teams must submit the blackout dates through their GotSoccer team account by July 7 th , 2017 5pm EST (Please use tutorial link below)

Blackout Dates Tutorial

Any team that has withdrawn from the league may still participate if they choose to. Please notify Jill Hartley jhartley@fysa.com and Jonathan Spradley jspradley@fysa.com by Wednesday June 21 st 5pm EST.

So, all the top teams will choose Labor Day to switch? Is that changing two games or three? If just two, is a team forced to forfeit the 3rd game so they can play Disney Q?
    And these geniuses guide the future of soccer in Florida. Holy Jesus...

Comment

RIIIIIGHT....... you can reschedule three games from Labor Day into a 2 day weekend?
      You can reschedule the saturday and sunday game and they stated that they will not schedule a game on monday

Comment

Seems like too little too late.

Comment

FSPL is one of the best leagues in the state and the format has also changed for next season. If a lot of the people complaining on this forum would just contact the state office, you would get a formal response.

Comment

FSPL WAS one of the best leagues in the state. In my kid's division they have five teams - all in south florida. We could just play in SFYSA and be done with it.

Comment

FSPL is one of the best leagues in the state and the format has also changed for next season. If a lot of the people complaining on this forum would just contact the state office, you would get a formal response.
              Ok you obviously did. Save us all some time. What's is their formal response about 5 teams per age group?

Comment

This is a joke. If you email them they won't email you back. If you call them, you get screened. They have no clue how to serve their members.

Comment

The accepted list will be out tomorrow
                  Still waiting on that list, what is the over/under for the average number of Round of 16 teams in each age group?

Comment

Still waiting on that list, what is the over/under for the average number of Round of 16 teams in each age group?
                    I'll bet the NEW list looks surprisingly sparse and populated with weak teams, just like the OLD list.

Comment

It's almost Happy Hour in Auburndale. What-what? Happy Hour started 6 hours ago there.

What happened to "They know what they are doing" and "The list will come out tomorrow"?

Comment

My, my, my, aren't we the optimistic one?

They accepted HEARTLAND. If that is not a sign of desperation I don't know what is. I have nothing personal against Heartland, but there is no justification for that team to be in FSPL. I don't see ANY record of this team playing even in President' Cup or Commissioner's Cup. If this team is accepted they don't have any other quality teams.

All the teams that were offered spots had until 5:00 pm to withdraw, I think what you see is what you're gonna get.
                        This is the Winter Haven team that played FSPL and made the round of 16 last year. The coach took the team and started his own club in Dundee and registered with US Club Soccer. He must have also gotten affiliation through Heartland SC.

Comment

It has already happened in the U18 group where Heartland SC, with ZERO participation in State Cup, Commissioner's Cup, or President's Cup is in FSPL.
                          This is the Winter Haven team that played FSPL and made the round of 16 last year. The coach took the team and started his own club in Dundee and registered with US Club Soccer. He must have also gotten affiliation through Heartland SC.

Comment

List of accepted teams was taken down.

Comment

And no new listed posted. Hmmmm. . . . .

Comment

The actually know what they are doing right now FSPL. The link that has been posted on this forum was incorrect. State Office confirmed it today when I called.
                                Spoke to Fysa today. That list was teams that paid for the league. They also said you will be able to reschedule games from the Sep 2-4 weekend so that teams can play in the Disney Qualifier.
                                WHERE'S THE LIST??

I'll bet the list isn't even posted TOMORROW after tonight's 5:00 pm deadline for withdrawn teams to return. The lists will look pretty much the same and now FYSA has a crapshow on their hands.

What will their next move be?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X