Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barca & susa complex still nothing but a sign

I’m really starting to think that the Barca police has high jacked this thread. Once it was announced Barca was not getting DA the next day there is a SUSA thread created to start slamming them. Convenient coincidence? Im not involved with either club, I’m attached to a big club in Queens, but in all reality the thread could be call “Barca & SUSA complex still nothing but a sign.”

My gut is telling me though that somebody from Barca is trying to advance their narrative even if it means creating fake content to propel the conversation. I remember past whispers about their being a Barca content manager and some of the stuff I’m reading has that written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It's comical how scared the SUSA bunch is of Barca Academy. If you did a good job you wouldn't have to be so scared.
      Barca is the best. I would not take my kid to any other club, DA or not. The level of training is better than any club in the tri state area.

Comment

I’m really starting to think that the Barca police has high jacked this thread. Once it was announced Barca was not getting DA the next day there is a SUSA thread created to start slamming them. Convenient coincidence? Im not involved with either club, I’m attached to a big club in Queens, but in all reality the thread could be call “Barca & SUSA complex still nothing but a sign.”

My gut is telling me though that somebody from Barca is trying to advance their narrative even if it means creating fake content to propel the conversation. I remember past whispers about their being a Barca content manager and some of the stuff I’m reading has that written all over it.
        I don't think there is any conspiracy at work here. I live close to both sites and the Barca site is an active construction site with cleared ground, the start of what looks to be a turf field, and daily construction activity. But it's going to be awhile before anyone plays a game there. The SUSA site hasn't so much as put a shovel in the ground. Both sites can be easily found and anyone can drive to them. You are welcomed to go look for yourself if you don't want to take my word for it. Honestly, I really don't think the Barca staff gives a crap about these forums.

Comment

Barca is the best. I would not take my kid to any other club, DA or not. The level of training is better than any club in the tri state area.
          Not sure if this post is sarcasm or not, but either way it's 100% true. Having witnessed first hand the so called "best" that this area has to offer (MLS DAs) I can honestly say that IMO Barca training blows them away. But the talent pool isn't nearly as deep at Barca.

Comment

Ding, ding, ding!!!
            Barca has full time "community managers" flooding this site. I mean seriously, who has a a year old tweet from Ally Long, on the ready, to combat a compliment to Fury???

Then they come on and in full force claim-No, no I'm little Johnny's (Jimmy, Billy, Bobby, Tyler, Joey) parent and WE Loooooooooove Barca!!!! Forca Barca, Forca Barca, Forca Barca!!!!!

Meanwhile the TS home page shows that there's only 2 other people "viewing" the NY forum. Really funny

Comment

Nah, I just happened to drive by the SUSA complex that day and reported what I saw. I have nothing to do with Barca.

Comment

Ding, ding, ding!!!
                Barca has full time "community managers" flooding this site. I mean seriously, who has a a year old tweet from Ally Long, on the ready, to combat a compliment to Fury???

Then they come on and in full force claim-No, no I'm little Johnny's (Jimmy, Billy, Bobby, Tyler, Joey) parent and WE Loooooooooove Barca!!!! Forca Barca, Forca Barca, Forca Barca!!!!!

Meanwhile the TS home page shows that there's only 2 other people "viewing" the NY forum. Really funny
                lol the Ally Long post was me. I used my super sleuth investigator skills AKA GOOGLE, to find a post that I remembered from awhile back. And yes, I'm just little Jimmy's parent. I know it may be hard for you to comprehend, but us Barca parents are actually happy with the club, so much so that we have no problem sticking up for them against all the nonsense that gets posted on here and on BOTN.

Comment

Ding, ding, ding!!!

I'm a Barca parent and I can tell you, you are giving them too much credit here. The training is absolutely amazing, but they can barely manage to send out an email telling us when our next game or practice is. To idea of that they would have someone monitoring these forums and posting as a parent is laughable. But if it makes you feel better to think that....whatever.

Comment

What is 'different' about the training then?

Comment

What is 'different' about the training then?
                      There was an article in Newsday on 3/22 that stated that 5 fields should be ready in spring 2019

Comment

There was an article in Newsday on 3/22 that stated that 5 fields should be ready in spring 2019
                        They can say whatever they like. But until dirt starts being moved it's vaporware.

Comment

I'm contemplating numerous academies for my son. I went down to where SUSA trains at the Baymen Soccer Fields in Sayville (before the snow). For one, all the money that goes for registration and there is no lights! With older players and after school activities, how can they run an academy off of those fields? Secondly, I saw of group of players (20 or more), with only 1 Trainer. That is a horrible ratio. I even asked a parent if that was an academy team and they advised "yes". Maybe when they open this new complex it will be better. Until than I will move on!

Comment

I'm contemplating numerous academies for my son. I went down to where SUSA trains at the Baymen Soccer Fields in Sayville (before the snow). For one, all the money that goes for registration and there is no lights! With older players and after school activities, how can they run an academy off of those fields? Secondly, I saw of group of players (20 or more), with only 1 Trainer. That is a horrible ratio. I even asked a parent if that was an academy team and they advised "yes". Maybe when they open this new complex it will be better. Until than I will move on!
                            Right now SUSA is a collection of teams/clubs that they bought/imported. It is not a cohesive organization. The facility, if/when it gets done, should help centralize and standardize training but right now it's all over the map with various trainers having built their little fiefdoms within the organization.

Comment

SUSA complex still nothing but a sign

I also hear that SUSA invites numerous non-academy players to their teams practices, therefore watering down their team chemistry and talent!

Comment

SUSA is not an academy, ther are a club playing NPL at its highest level

Academy in no specific order or age group that LI players could potentially be part of, mostv reauire lots of travel.....

NYCFC
                                Red Bulls
                                Met Oval
                                BWGottschee
                                Cosmos likely to fold

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X