Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    CU loses one player from a roster of 25. FCP loses 5 players from a roster of 26. That equals "shattered?" Ok.
    CU didn't lose any player. The Thorns have her listed as coming from Crossfire United but she is not a rostered player as she didn't make the cut

Comment

CU didn't lose any player. The Thorns have her listed as coming from Crossfire United but she is not a rostered player as she didn't make the cut
      Rostered on the U17 CU team.

Comment

Rostered on the U17 CU team.
        Rostered on the 2016-17 team yes. Cut from the 2017-18 team. Then off to GDA apparently.

Comment

If the primary goal is National Team then why bother with Thornz Asylum at all? There isn't one girl on any of those rosters that will even get a sniff at the National team, ever.
          That is the question. I'm guessing the parents of every one of the girls on those rosters believes their dd will make the NT.

Comment

That's a good thing for any club, not having a CU player, isn't it. Considering how poorly their teams perform. Time to rejoice and count your blessings.

Comment

And they haven't even "lost" those players yet. Many of those listed aren't actually going to sign on with the Thornz Asylum, they were just there to see who else was there.
              Huh, this same logic appeared when the top clubs from across the nation accepted spots in the USDA, back then it was said, they are sending their B teams. Nobody spends $125 to see who else was there. When anyone can observe tryouts for free. But there is a hint of truth since families from these clubs have demonstated blowing or burning dollars is not a problem.

Comment

Rostered on the 2016-17 team yes. Cut from the 2017-18 team. Then off to GDA apparently.
                "I quit."

"No, you can't quit. You're fired!!!"

Comment

The quality of players in the tryouts was unexpectedly good and I'm sure the final rosters listed have sent a shock wave through FC Portland.

Comment

The quality of players in the tryouts was unexpectedly good and I'm sure the final rosters listed have sent a shock wave through FC Portland.
                    Yes. Their hopes of a National Championship are over. With those players gone their ranking will drop from 31 to 38. It's real devastation over there. A true game changing situation.

Comment

Yes. Their hopes of a National Championship are over. With those players gone their ranking will drop from 31 to 38. It's real devastation over there. A true game changing situation.
                      This made me smile. I'm not sure why people are freaking out either side. Oregon still has the same exact players and coaches. A tiny bit mixed up but that happens every year. Business as usual. Enjoy wherever you are.

Comment

This made me smile. I'm not sure why people are freaking out either side. Oregon still has the same exact players and coaches. A tiny bit mixed up but that happens every year. Business as usual. Enjoy wherever you are.
                        Biggest change in history of Oregon Youth Soccer for girls, with the emergence of subsidized teams and a departure from the pay to play model with the formation of the NWSL Portland Thorns USDA.

Sorry, tiny you aren't too well informed.

Ignorance as usual, enjoy your bliss.

Comment

Biggest change in history of Oregon Youth Soccer for girls, with the emergence of subsidized teams and a departure from the pay to play model with the formation of the NWSL Portland Thorns USDA.

Sorry, tiny you aren't too well informed.

Ignorance as usual, enjoy your bliss.
                          $2500 per player is NOT a departure from the pay to play model. I am well informed enough to understand basic economics.

Comment

GDA is not for college exposure. Many girls will not even get off the bench for the limited amount of showcases. Those that do get off the bench may get a few minutes here and there. The primary goal is National Team.

Next year is a different story and as the fees will skyrocket.
                            that would be sad. they already had a tough time filling spots this year.

Comment

Did the FCP Ecnl 03 really lose their best player to GDA? And their newest talent Also?

Comment

I don't think the players staying are all that sad to see them go.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X