Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    GDA is a joke. League set up to ideally develop the .1% of players at the expense (literal and figurative) of the 99.9%. It will succeed for a while because most parents believe their player is a .1%-er. The kids will eventually tire of living a life that revolves around soccer at the expense of everything else, then traveling to games to sit the bench while the stars play. I give GDA a 3-5 year lifespan. Then it will either morph into something that looks very similar to ECNL or it will fold.

And no I'm not an ECNL parent. I'm a TA parent who does my homework.
    Then you need to do more homework, because Girls DA program is new to this year. Boys DA has been at the Timbers since 2007.

Comment

ECNL is Nordstrom.

GDA is Kmart. Cheaper, but you get what you pay for.
      Quality matters.

$10 for a shirt at Kmart that lasts for 1 year and isn't very comfortable to begin with.

$30 for a shirt at a good store that lasts for 15 years.

Comment

BTW-It's Nordstrom.

You'd be laughed at in the retail world. Can find same products sold at both only with different labels sewn in and different price tags.

I used to buy Bijan on Rodeo. Now, if I still wore it, I'd have my choices.
        1. Go back to House of Bijan.
        2. Go to Kmart.
        3. Order from elsewhere.

Same thing for a T-shirt dress I saw on Rodeo. $495.
        Had it in my closet at home. $19.99 sale price, Gap.

Same products, different price points. Snobs need not apply.
        A t-shirt dress? What in heavens is that?

Comment

So US Soccer mandates four minimum practices a week. Does that mean there could be more?
          What do you think Sherlock? Try googling the word minimum.

Comment

ECNL is SkyMall.

GDA is amazon.com, with a digital coupon that gets you 80% off retail.
            Interesting you make that analogy since many small business owners consider Amazon to be the evil empire. Running smaller organizations out of business by undercutting them, knowing that most consumers will pick cheap over quality. Sound familiar?

Comment

Quality matters.

$10 for a shirt at Kmart that lasts for 1 year and isn't very comfortable to begin with.

Hun-Unless you plan on shelling out YUGE bucks, your $30 shirts an d your $10 shirts are likely coming out of the same manufacturing facility.

Comment

A t-shirt dress? What in heavens is that?
                It's a T-shirt style but longer.

Comment

Quality matters.

To the mom that is wearing her same clothes from the 90's. Get with the times. Now a days people like a bigger variety. Maybe I don't want to wear the same old $30 shirt for the next 15 years. I would rather buy 3 shirts for the variety. Then who cares if you lose one or loan it out, or wear it out. I know I got good use out of it.

Comment

Quality matters. Buying cheap junk is still buying junk.
                    Cheap junk can be found at every club.

Comment

To the mom that is wearing her same clothes from the 90's. Get with the times. Now a days people like a bigger variety. Maybe I don't want to wear the same old $30 shirt for the next 15 years. I would rather buy 3 shirts for the variety. Then who cares if you lose one or loan it out, or wear it out. I know I got good use out of it.
                      Spot on!

Comment

Quality matters.

Absolutely terrible analogies. This must be the same obtuse logic you used when you wrote a check to the worst ECNL club on the west coast. You realize that Crossfire United AS A CLUB has the lowest ppg scored west of the Mississippi right?

Comment

ECNL is SkyMall.

GDA is amazon.com, with a digital coupon that gets you 80% off retail.
                          LOL

Love it

Guess SkyMall's product line and 2016 bankruptcy filing can't compare with Amazon stock!

Comment

It's been a spectacle to date. Playing in bronze level competition against C teams. Now they are mandated to practice 4 minimum days per week, travel out of town extensively during school, banned from high school, very few college signings etc. Most top clubs putting A team in ECNL.

Plus the NWSL is very unpopular throughout most of the country. Pro pay is very very low.

Will they last very long? Opinions?
                            NWSL is wildly unpopular now but maybe they will get more people to come out and watch if they can keep all the stars from going to Europe. Stop playing on poor pitches.

Comment

It's been a spectacle to date. Playing in bronze level competition against C teams. Now they are mandated to practice 4 minimum days per week, travel out of town extensively during school, banned from high school, very few college signings etc. Most top clubs putting A team in ECNL.

Plus the NWSL is very unpopular throughout most of the country. Pro pay is very very low.

US Soccer mandates 4 minimum required practices per week? Plus excessive travel!

Comment

At top clubs across the country it is the ban on high school that is keeping most away. GDA is going to be the B league sadly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X