Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you for saying this. It has gotten ridiculous on here, and unfortunately (my Son is on a Timbers Alliance club team) the Westside Timber's parents appear to be the worst.

A prime example of how the scores of these games do not count would be my Son's game yesterday. My Son's team played Crossfire. We watched 2 of Crossfire's games in San Diego, and they played way better teams than we are, and they tied. In fact, they tied all of their games in San Diego. However, in the first half against us they clearly did not play the same line up. Early on, we went down 0-1, and it very easily could have been 0-4. They had a kid playing at Striker that was...limited or it would have been. As it was, they had a blonde kid on playing on the outside (on the right) that was torching us and played ball after ball into the box. Did Crossfire pull the kid? Nope. They left him in the entire first half. We countered twice and wee up 2-1 at the half. In the 2nd half, we were the more dominant team, but gave up a header goal off a corner (same blonde kid again). The final was 2-2. Crossfire dominated the first half, but only came away with 1 goal. We dominated the 2nd half and did not score. Sure, our best player is playing with the 04's. But Crossfire did not seem to be playing with their entire team either. What I am saying is, the scores TRULY do not matter. My son had fun, felt good about the game, and enjoyed his teammates. That is all we can really ask as parent's in this framework of DA. So Westside, save the rhetoric and just hope that your Son's enjoy playing. Long after they stop playing soccer, they will still be your children.

Oh, and Crossfire parent's??? Y'all are loud...but we're okay in my book.

Correction, Washington Timbers parents are the worst. I am not a Westside parent, but have to agree with them on this.

Comment

Bottom line from Saturday:

1) FC won, going away.

2) Cony was not terribly upset at the loss.

Comment

Correction, Washington Timbers parents are the worst. I am not a Westside parent, but have to agree with them on this.
        Washington parents are the best!

Comment

Washington parents are the best!
          Keep telling yourself that Team Mom. You are everything wrong with youth sports in America today.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that Team Mom. You are everything wrong with youth sports in America today.
            Not the team Mom. Not even a Washington Timbers parent. We have played the team twice now, and the parent's were great. In fact, I know multiple parents, and they have never been anything, but great. I think it is funny and pathetic that you keep mentioning this woman. Clearly, she (and rightfully I might add) was incredulous about the tent/bench fiasco at the dog park. Clearly, you had direct involvement with her and the situation. Get over it. You and the Westside team came out of the situation looking like an horse's ass. Of course, you were not content to stop there, you had to come on here and continue attempting to defend that which is indefensible. Instead of just owning it, and saying "our bad, we SHOULD have been good hostss." You instead attempted to discredit and marginalize the other team for not knowing the rules. Sadly, only you and your club would need a set of directions and rules on how to host. Okay, I am done now. Underwhelm me with excuses on how it is not you/Westside and how it is everybody else's fault that you you and your team suck so bad at not only soccer, but at being human beings.

Comment

CFC vs XFIRE score?
              BSC vs EASTSIDE?

Comment

Not the team Mom. Not even a Washington Timbers parent. We have played the team twice now, and the parent's were great. In fact, I know multiple parents, and they have never been anything, but great. I think it is funny and pathetic that you keep mentioning this woman. Clearly, she (and rightfully I might add) was incredulous about the tent/bench fiasco at the dog park. Clearly, you had direct involvement with her and the situation. Get over it. You and the Westside team came out of the situation looking like an horse's ass. Of course, you were not content to stop there, you had to come on here and continue attempting to defend that which is indefensible. Instead of just owning it, and saying "our bad, we SHOULD have been good hostss." You instead attempted to discredit and marginalize the other team for not knowing the rules. Sadly, only you and your club would need a set of directions and rules on how to host. Okay, I am done now. Underwhelm me with excuses on how it is not you/Westside and how it is everybody else's fault that you you and your team suck so bad at not only soccer, but at being human beings.
                Not about the tent again....... You sound like someone complaining to the maitre d' that the napkin wasn't folded correctly.

Comment

FCP found the back of the net...a lot. It was 1-1 at half. FC scored early in first half, WT countered quickly, leveling it at 2-2. Subs came in for Westside and it was a landslide from that point forward. Had starting 11 stayed in, would have been a different game. This is not an excuse WA Timbers, so your constant negative remarks are not necessary.

Those two FC forwards are very impressive and they threaded the WT backline repeatedly. A couple new defenders in for WT today, as the players tried out new positions. Good job FCP.
                  Those two FCP forwards just push and shove because they are bigger at 12 years old than others.
                  How many fouls did they have whether called or uncalled?
                  Any yellows that got missed?

Comment

Not about the tent again....... You sound like someone complaining to the maitre d' that the napkin wasn't folded correctly.
                    Not the tent...not a napkin....not even complaining. Just expressing contempt for you and your club. 💩

Comment

Not the tent...not a napkin....not even complaining. Just expressing contempt for you and your club. 💩
                      Clearly you are the one that needs to let it go. BTW, nobody wants to hear your negativity and clouded remarks. Go away.

Comment

Those two FCP forwards just push and shove because they are bigger at 12 years old than others.
                        How many fouls did they have whether called or uncalled?
                        Any yellows that got missed?
                        I was at the game and did not see any of that kind of stuff.

Comment

Clearly you are the one that needs to let it go. BTW, nobody wants to hear your negativity and clouded remarks. Go away.
                          While I can agree that the issue needs to drop, I do think the general Westside response then, and now, still is rather obnoxious.

Comment

WT parent here.

#91 didn't do anything wrong that I could see. Westside man-marked him aggressively in the first half and managed to keep him off the board, but he scored the first goal in the second half. He's a good player and I've got no objections to him.

#9 is the player that had a bad reputation (he seems to have changed jersey numbers--last time wasn't he #71)? He had a hat trick in the game. No cards (for him or anyone), but he did get a verbal from the referee. He was being quite physical during the game--not sure if he was involved in the play where Westside's center mid got kicked in the ribs and had to come out and leave the game (he's OK). OTOH, WT has several defenders who aren't afraid to get physical with him.

Comment

Prediction guy here--still waiting for results from one OYSA and one DA game.

Comment

Different WT parent here. Both of those forwards are very good. #91 is nice, respectful, shows sportsmanship and talented. #71/#9 is not nice, dangerous, threatening, negative, embarrassing, but very talented. Doesn't matter either way. They get results and without those two, that team is nowhere near the same. Although, there are other good players. I don't want to take away from the other kids.

And to the people who keep generalizing WT parents. Not all are the same. There are one or two bad apples. Just like at your club and on your team. We are a good bunch, so stop the broad range finger pointing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X