•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Legends of the Fall" yes

Comment

I've coached against mike S.

I would take him coaching my kids team over a community college coach in Tracy who probably doesn't know how to coach youth.

Who cares about what license anyone has. I know enough bad A license coaches out there that it's really stupid to judge someone's quality by listing a letter by one program.

The simple fact you listed that as your argument shows you are not a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I've coached against mike S.

I would take him coaching my kids team over a community college coach in Tracy who probably doesn't know how to coach youth.

Who cares about what license anyone has. I know enough bad A license coaches out there that it's really stupid to judge someone's quality by listing a letter by one program.

The simple fact you listed that as your argument shows you are not a coach.
        Have you ever spoken to Tracy or gone out and watched her practices with ODP?

Comment

LOL

You're calling Chris Thurley a "clown."

I'd love to see you walk across a field from him. I once saw him talking to his players, take a side glance at an obnoxious, nosy dad who decided to walk across the 50-yard line at half-time, and then quickly ripped a fast soccer ball dead-on at the 6'4" dad. Hit him so hard he slipped and fell into a mud puddle. The dad later apologized for his attitude and remained quiet for the duration of his daughter's time with the team.
          Still a clown

Comment

If your dd goes to CU she gets to be extra special and play in fall OYSA . Then she gets to play travel games from January through June and get her butt kicked ! Watch out because if she doesn't cut it in fall oysa she will be demoted to the Crossgire 04 team. That's right.. they might move players! Or you could play her in DA and have meaningful training three days a week, 24 games spread out over ten months and only pay $2k all-in.

Comment

LOL

You're calling Chris Thurley a "clown."

I'd love to see you walk across a field from him. I once saw him talking to his players, take a side glance at an obnoxious, nosy dad who decided to walk across the 50-yard line at half-time, and then quickly ripped a fast soccer ball dead-on at the 6'4" dad. Hit him so hard he slipped and fell into a mud puddle. The dad later apologized for his attitude and remained quiet for the duration of his daughter's time with the team.
              WHO CARES! He can strike a ball whoopee!!!

Comment

laughable

If your dd goes to CU she gets to be extra special and play in fall OYSA . Then she gets to play travel games from January through June and get her butt kicked ! Watch out because if she doesn't cut it in fall oysa she will be demoted to the Crossgire 04 team. That's right.. they might move players! Or you could play her in DA and have meaningful training three days a week, 24 games spread out over ten months and only pay $2k all-in.
                Too funny outright lies!!

This is obviously from a timbers family or coach

Comment

Too funny outright lies!!

This is obviously from a timbers family or coach
                  Which part is a lie?

Comment

GDA ETF Futures up 450 basis points in early Tokyo trading. Re: CU ECNL 04 OYSA move

Comment

FCP would never never play OYSA. I am so glad my DD is not subjected to the OYSA - I've heard they often have to play on grass fields, how horrible. FC is finally pulling away from the common folk!

Comment

WHO CARES! He can strike a ball whoopee!!!
                        Yeah. Challenge him to a golf game too. I dare ya.
                        He can actually coach. You haven't a clue.

See #7:
                        http://www.warrentonschools.com/site...occer_boys.pdf

COY, several times, state champs, many times

Club ball at Westside and LOSC-Had state champ teams. His teams were some of the first from here to be accepted into tournaments elsewhere such as Surf Cup. Many of his players went on to play on collegiate teams.

Comment

Yeah. Challenge him to a golf game too. I dare ya.
                          He can actually coach. You haven't a clue.

See #7:
                          http://www.warrentonschools.com/site...occer_boys.pdf

COY, several times, state champs, many times

Club ball at Westside and LOSC-Had state champ teams. His teams were some of the first from here to be accepted into tournaments elsewhere such as Surf Cup. Many of his players went on to play on collegiate teams.
                          Wow. The private school coach won some state titles. What a shock. He also was on the record saying that academy soccer was a disaster and would ruin youth soccer. So now we know that in addition to being a good striker he is also a sellout. Pay him enough money and he will leave GDA and give earnest interviews about why ECNL is the best thing ever.

Comment

Wow. The private school coach won some state titles. What a shock. He also was on the record saying that academy soccer was a disaster and would ruin youth soccer. So now we know that in addition to being a good striker he is also a sellout. Pay him enough money and he will leave GDA and give earnest interviews about why ECNL is the best thing ever.
                            So let's see now. Private school. Not your fav topic. He has an A license. You hate it. He's coached high school champion teams. He's coached club teams to championships. You hate him and his teams. He actually played the game and knows how to maneuver a soccer ball. That really pissed you off. Thurley said Academy was "PR suicide"(2011) and a year later, that losing Jesuit players to DA was tough but the team's moved on, door still open-which was for some who returned. Specifically, Thurley was on the record speaking about PR, planning and Academy impact on OSAA high school sports, not club soccer. Hate it, dontcha know.

Who knows. Maybe the coach might change his plans. It doesn't make him a sellout. Unless of course, you admit that every single, high-functioning coach out there, who changes clubs is also a "sellout."

Comment

So let's see now. Private school. Not your fav topic. He has an A license. You hate it. He's coached high school champion teams. He's coached club teams to championships. You hate him and his teams. He actually played the game and knows how to maneuver a soccer ball. That really pissed you off. Thurley said Academy was "PR suicide"(2011) and a year later, that losing Jesuit players to DA was tough but the team's moved on, door still open-which was for some who returned. Specifically, Thurley was on the record speaking about PR, planning and Academy impact on OSAA high school sports, not club soccer. Hate it, dontcha know.

Who knows. Maybe the coach might change his plans. It doesn't make him a sellout. Unless of course, you admit that every single, high-functioning coach out there, who changes clubs is also a "sellout."
                              A "flip-flop" (used mostly in the United States), U-turn (used in the United Kingdom, Ireland), or backflip (used in Australia and New Zealand) is a sudden real or apparent change of policy or opinion by a HS Soccer Coach trying to claim that both positions are consistent with each other. Often done by coach in order to maximize confusion and utter chaos after digestion by public.

History reveals he was Too emotional and reactive when the DA came and swayed, would be JHS student-athletes, to the DA...Now too emotional and reactive when he gets called out for his flip-flop. At least it's a consistent pattern of behavior.

Suggestion, start a twitter feed. That way you can change your opinions based on your circumstances and how it impacts you directly, so it doesn't come across as complete 180 degree turn. As in this case.

Donald Trump

Comment

A "flip-flop" (used mostly in the United States), U-turn (used in the United Kingdom, Ireland), or backflip (used in Australia and New Zealand) is a sudden real or apparent change of policy or opinion by a HS Soccer Coach trying to claim that both positions are consistent with each other. Often done by coach in order to maximize confusion and utter chaos after digestion by public.

History reveals he was Too emotional and reactive when the DA came and swayed, would be JHS student-athletes, to the DA...Now too emotional and reactive when he gets called out for his flip-flop. At least it's a consistent pattern of behavior.

Suggestion, start a twitter feed. That way you can change your opinions based on your circumstances and how it impacts you directly, so it doesn't come across as complete 180 degree turn. As in this case.

Donald Trump
                                Nice try. Anyone that knows Thurley knows he is definitely not the emotional sort.

I've been consistent and simply following your emotional rants with reality. You simply cannot trash talk a coach, dismiss his credentials, and take his comments out of context on this forum. He spoke about the impact of the TA on OSAA high school soccer. He wasn't coaching club all at the time. He now has a club soccer gig. How is that a flip-flop?

Again. Call a coach a sell out, then you better call all coaches sellouts when they change clubs, academies, schools. Very rare to see a coach stay in one place. Extremely rare.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X