Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much for a season at Barca academy ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am interested in how these clubs finance these scholarships. My families town club where the kids played as young kids had scholarships financed through fund raising efforts but the fees were not several thousand dollars a player. Someone in the the thread said the other families in the club at Barca fiance the scholarships from the fees they pay. A built in scholarship fee I guess you could call it. I am unaware of that structure and dont know if that is true or common. They can do it however they want, no one is forced to sign on if they dont like it. I am interested if that is how it works. I have no idea why one poster went off the deep end in some deep political rant over this issue.
    Not the deep end guy, but at this point you have asked the same basic question several times as if you are waiting for someone from Barca on the other end of the line to respond to you. At any club 95-99% (no idea if that is accurate, just a guess) pay a fee, the club uses that fee as they see fit, that's it; there is nothing more to the answer than that. Would you want to see how many soccer balls they buy, or lime for the field? Why does how they use some percentage of your fee to fund scholarships matter so much? Is this your first time joining a club? Literally every club out there provides economic assistance to some of its kids, overtly with a scholarship, or team based with people just chipping in, and everything in between.

Comment

I don't get what's the big deal with some kids being on scholarship either and how it's being funded. First thing, if indeed this outfit is funded by FC Barcelona, then there's plenty of money behind it. Second thing, if you are paying for your kid, if you consider the price competitive or fair for the product that you're getting, then that should be good enough. I believe BarcaNY is significantly less expensive than some of their competition like SUSA.

Comment

My nuts hurt

Comment

I am interested in how these clubs finance these scholarships. My families town club where the kids played as young kids had scholarships financed through fund raising efforts but the fees were not several thousand dollars a player. Someone in the the thread said the other families in the club at Barca fiance the scholarships from the fees they pay. A built in scholarship fee I guess you could call it. I am unaware of that structure and dont know if that is true or common. They can do it however they want, no one is forced to sign on if they dont like it. I am interested if that is how it works. I have no idea why one poster went off the deep end in some deep political rant over this issue.

Hey bud, don't play the martyr and victim now...its too late as you have now entered the "no spin zone" a few dialogs up you were bashing Barca and printing fake tuition costs....go have some cheese with your wine somewhere else....your not getting any mercy or sympathy from me.

Comment

I don't get what's the big deal with some kids being on scholarship either and how it's being funded. First thing, if indeed this outfit is funded by FC Barcelona, then there's plenty of money behind it. Second thing, if you are paying for your kid, if you consider the price competitive or fair for the product that you're getting, then that should be good enough. I believe BarcaNY is significantly less expensive than some of their competition like SUSA.
            Says you. What is the big secret if this is such a great system? If the deal is, the best players get a free ride on the backs of the families with less talented players then fine. The hyper aggressive nasty posts seem overly defensive if this is such a fantastic system. If that is how it goes then that is how it goes but the paying families should know that is how it goes IMO. My team gets a somewhat detailed breakdown of the costs charged and I want this information and i pay attention to it. If you just want to sign the checks, no questions asked, or get a free ride no questions asked go ahead. On the flip side - if the other families on the team are financing your player, wouldn't you want to know that?

Comment

Says you. What is the big secret if this is such a great system? If the deal is, the best players get a free ride on the backs of the families with less talented players then fine. The hyper aggressive nasty posts seem overly defensive if this is such a fantastic system. If that is how it goes then that is how it goes but the paying families should know that is how it goes IMO. My team gets a somewhat detailed breakdown of the costs charged and I want this information and i pay attention to it. If you just want to sign the checks, no questions asked, or get a free ride no questions asked go ahead. On the flip side - if the other families on the team are financing your player, wouldn't you want to know that?
              You are definitely a Cuomo supporter. typical whiny baby....Does your P____Y hurt today only or all the time?

Comment

if you are are paying full price (as most people do), then you are definitely financing someone. i dont care about your politics, but noone is this stupid, you have to be a troll.

Comment

You are definitely a Cuomo supporter. typical whiny baby....Does your P____Y hurt today only or all the time?
                  What kind of self respecting 'publican plays an un-american, foreign, beloved of women mexcians and Muslims, gay pride rainbow uniform wearing, sport like soccer?

Comment

So you do ask about the number of balls purchased with your fees; every club has one. You provide valuable service, no matter what horrible things other parents do on sidelines or at team events, you will always be the least liked by the coaches and manager, so thank you from all of us.

Comment

if you are are paying full price (as most people do), then you are definitely financing someone. i dont care about your politics, but noone is this stupid, you have to be a troll.
                      Anyone financing an arrogant entitled child like the DT ass kisser on here should find a new team before they give that jackass a dime. What kind of loser does not pay for their own kid and then complains about the other other hardworking people that cover his bills?

Comment

So you do ask about the number of balls purchased with your fees; every club has one. You provide valuable service, no matter what horrible things other parents do on sidelines or at team events, you will always be the least liked by the coaches and manager, so thank you from all of us.
                        lol. so so wrong.

Comment

What kind of self respecting 'publican plays an un-american, foreign, beloved of women mexcians and Muslims, gay pride rainbow uniform wearing, sport like soccer?
                          1st soccer is not a sport....its a game...well I guess thats it and most important to get across. Maybe we will need to start a new thread for this.

Comment

Do the kids in Spain in the real La Masia Barcelona Academy pay anything or are the fees only for LI wannabe chumps who want to pretend that there kids are one game away from being a 'real' Barcelona player?

Real academies charge $0, nothing, nada, zilch, zero. Anything else being sold by them or other fake organizations is just a crock trying to boost brands, tv deals, shirt sales etc and make $$$.

Suckers!!!!
                            They have both at La Masia. Some kids are free and some are pay to play.

Comment

if you really want to know about the SPORT that is Football, do not come on these boards. this is for people who have no clue what the REAL Sport actually is. it's for people who learn about it watching kid's games on the weekends.

what i did to really learn, is to watch what happens in Europe and actually sit and watch the games and study them, even better, with your kid! the same kid that you are dumping TONS of cash for to only complain about the training or team he is with. If you truly want improvement in the SPORT that is Football, it has to start with your kid. boom. mic drop.

Comment

I read this thread and unfortunately you cannot just spit out a price without being specific.

Barca Academy has multi-teams in the vast majority of age groups.
                                However I know from my kid playing at a different academy that the lower tiers, they pay less, but nothing is included. The upper tiers you pay more -> but more is included.

With that said, I'm curious about the details of Barca Academy:

>> I understand that tuition doesn't cover uniforms!
                                >> However are ref fees included?
                                >> Any tournaments covered?
                                >> Winter training covered?

Or do they nickle and dime you and pay for even the TeamSnap account?

>> Also do they only have 1 trainer for a team of 18 plus kids or do they have multiple.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X