Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So what is the exact gossip about next year for Fury/Albertson, do parents think ECNL will take them back??
    Never underestimate the desire of clubs to 1) get as much revenue they you 2) take players to help a competitor fail.

But, 1) not every family can afford to walk away midseason, 2) there still are only so many spots, 3) not every player is good enough to find a spot, 4) some may want to avoid changing if they're in the middle of recruiting

There will be midseason departures but the final wave will be late next spring. Then who do they get in?

Comment

Never underestimate the desire of clubs to 1) get as much revenue they you 2) take players to help a competitor fail.

But, 1) not every family can afford to walk away midseason, 2) there still are only so many spots, 3) not every player is good enough to find a spot, 4) some may want to avoid changing if they're in the middle of recruiting

There will be midseason departures but the final wave will be late next spring. Then who do they get in?
      Why would they be afraid to leave if they are in the middle of recruiting?

Comment

Why would they be afraid to leave if they are in the middle of recruiting?
        From what I’ve been hearing is that clubs are making decisions now to leave the GDA. I’ve heard NYCFC and Oakwood. If that’s the case, will NYSC stay in it? Girls on the NJ side of the Hudson will have to choose between ECNL and Cedar Stars GDA. What will girls have on this side? ECNL is the only choice

Comment

From what I’ve been hearing is that clubs are making decisions now to leave the GDA. I’ve heard NYCFC and Oakwood. If that’s the case, will NYSC stay in it? Girls on the NJ side of the Hudson will have to choose between ECNL and Cedar Stars GDA. What will girls have on this side? ECNL is the only choice
          Man, LI soccer is in such bad shape. Every team is crumbling, every club stinks, GDA is falling apart, ECNL you should run from. The SUSA marketing machine is a beast! Such smart business men and I mean that. Not very good at soccer training, but man they can sell ice to an eskimo. Scouting the GDA games this weekend, Fury losing 20 players, NYCFC and Oakwood going to ECNL next year. Everyone needs to be prepared for all of LI to be represented by SUSA in a year or two. All of your complaining about your teams now will be nothing to what is in store. It is really sad to see the state of LI soccer.

Comment

Man, LI soccer is in such bad shape. Every team is crumbling, every club stinks, GDA is falling apart, ECNL you should run from. The SUSA marketing machine is a beast! Such smart business men and I mean that. Not very good at soccer training, but man they can sell ice to an eskimo. Scouting the GDA games this weekend, Fury losing 20 players, NYCFC and Oakwood going to ECNL next year. Everyone needs to be prepared for all of LI to be represented by SUSA in a year or two. All of your complaining about your teams now will be nothing to what is in store. It is really sad to see the state of LI soccer.
            Who is saying anything about NYCFC and Oakwood leaving DA? Where was this mentioned?

Comment

Who is saying anything about NYCFC and Oakwood leaving DA? Where was this mentioned?
              Look up ^^^^

Comment

LOL you can't just "go to ECNL". If it were that easy for a club to join, half those in GDA would've just done that.

Comment

OW will not get an ECNL badge even if they wanted it. They already have BDA so that creates an awkward relationship. The state has 2 ECNL clubs already and doesn't have enough talent for a third. The top talent is mostly at CFC. OW is doing OK in GDA because the region is weak. OW had an opportunity to get a badge a few years ago when Soccer Plus ranked but FSA got it

From CT

Comment

I don't believe that about NYCFC and Oakwood leaving the GDA. Sounds like more propaganda to me.

Comment

NYCFC GDA is under incredible pressure from WCFC (because of ECNL insistence) to either disband, or leave the premises. It’s simply too much to have their main nemisis at the same location. As a club WCFC was at the bottom of the standings last year, any guesses why? I think there are forces at work that will doom the GDA in Orangeburg, it’s not a good situation.

Comment

NYCFC GDA is under incredible pressure from WCFC (because of ECNL insistence) to either disband, or leave the premises. It’s simply too much to have their main nemisis at the same location. As a club WCFC was at the bottom of the standings last year, any guesses why? I think there are forces at work that will doom the GDA in Orangeburg, it’s not a good situation.
                        Any chance they will relocate to Queens with the boys?

Comment

Any chance they will relocate to Queens with the boys?
                          I doubt it, NYCFC is an absentee landlord on the girls side. The have abandoned the GDA, and I hate them for it, bunch of hypocrites and liars, as they told us all in person that they were behind the GDA 100% last spring. The girls go out and represent the club with pride and honor, but NYCFC are undeserving of such devotion, they suck balls.

Comment

I doubt it, NYCFC is an absentee landlord on the girls side. The have abandoned the GDA, and I hate them for it, bunch of hypocrites and liars, as they told us all in person that they were behind the GDA 100% last spring. The girls go out and represent the club with pride and honor, but NYCFC are undeserving of such devotion, they suck balls.
                            After all that chest pounding? Now they suck balls? Incredible.

Comment

Aren't most of the players and coaches the same from last year? You don't just drop down in performance in a few months unless 1) good players left and weren't replaced by equal quality ones 2) the coaching took a serious nosedive 3) the competition suddenly got better

We know it's definitely not #3, so it's probably 2/3s #1 and 1/3 #2. How are they shorting the team this year vs last? Specific examples please

Comment

After all that chest pounding? Now they suck balls? Incredible.
                                Not sure who was pounding what, but that wasn't me, I am the realist in the group.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X