Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did Stars ECNL do so badly down in Florida

I heard all 3 Stars teams did terrible down in Florida 2 weeks ago and totally underperformed. Scouting report from several people who were down there:
    They were disorganized all weekend. Players shouting at each other when they would let up a goal, parents were not happy with the results and the coaches and they basically resorted to a kick and chase team which can work in the northeast well enough but not down in Florida in a big national tournament. I caught some of the games on YouTube and Stars looked literally 2 steps slower than their opponents to the ball. It's too bad because back in the day all their older teams looked like world beaters and now Stars teams are just average northeast ECNL teams that have no chance in national tournaments. In fact, good Massachusetts in these age groups like NEFC and Select can easily handle these Stars older teams and are much better than these Stars teams. Maybe NEFC and Select need to change places with Stars and send Stars to GA. Based on the chatter before this tournament from Stars parents it seemed like Stars was one of the favorites in each age bracket. I can only think of why the Stars teams did so bad was because the teams are just getting back to training and the girls are still getting back into shape. Here is hoping for Stars that next tournament will yield much better results than the Florida tournament did.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I heard all 3 Stars teams did terrible down in Florida 2 weeks ago and totally underperformed. Scouting report from several people who were down there:
    They were disorganized all weekend. Players shouting at each other when they would let up a goal, parents were not happy with the results and the coaches and they basically resorted to a kick and chase team which can work in the northeast well enough but not down in Florida in a big national tournament. I caught some of the games on YouTube and Stars looked literally 2 steps slower than their opponents to the ball. It's too bad because back in the day all their older teams looked like world beaters and now Stars teams are just average northeast ECNL teams that have no chance in national tournaments. In fact, good Massachusetts in these age groups like NEFC and Select can easily handle these Stars older teams and are much better than these Stars teams. Maybe NEFC and Select need to change places with Stars and send Stars to GA. Based on the chatter before this tournament from Stars parents it seemed like Stars was one of the favorites in each age bracket. I can only think of why the Stars teams did so bad was because the teams are just getting back to training and the girls are still getting back into shape. Here is hoping for Stars that next tournament will yield much better results than the Florida tournament did.
    the have the worst and most cocky parents in the state. Most of their teams peak at U-13 and then go downhill from there. They have an advantage of getting girls in early to Stars so their U-little teams are always good.

Comment

yes- anytime Stars gets embarrassed it's a good thing. Too funny that the girls were blaming their goalie for letting in goals.

Comment

I can only speak for the team in my kid's age group. The 3 teams Stars played, were all coming off their ECNL seasons...they play the reverse of NE, ECNL in the Fall, HS in the Spring. 2 of the 3 teams finished 1st in their conference, one of them going undefeated in the highly competitive Texas Conference. So there's that. Not an excuse, but certainly a reason. And no, there is zero chance NEFC or SSS would've faired better IMO

Comment

Based on the activity on the board, this shouldn't be surprising. Slapping those four lovely letters on everything only goes so far. Enlisting the Stars Army to post all day everything negative about other clubs only goes so far. At some point, the kids have to play.

So, they realize their limitations on the pitch, so they have taken the tact to bring everyone down to their level instead. Much easier to spend your time pointing out other's faults than it is to eliminate your own.

It's a sad day when Clubs go out to win the war in their market not by playing, but by posting.

Comment

Based on the activity on the board, this shouldn't be surprising. Slapping those four lovely letters on everything only goes so far. Enlisting the Stars Army to post all day everything negative about other clubs only goes so far. At some point, the kids have to play.

So, they realize their limitations on the pitch, so they have taken the tact to bring everyone down to their level instead. Much easier to spend your time pointing out other's faults than it is to eliminate your own.

It's a sad day when Clubs go out to win the war in their market not by playing, but by posting.
            Stars is the most over rated club in the state. Like another poster said. They are best in U-littles!! Sad but true

Comment

Stars is the most over rated club in the state. Like another poster said. They are best in U-littles!! Sad but true
              Stars parents blow. They are the worst parents around. So cocky because of their league. Without being handed ECNL this club is not ECNL worthy!

Comment

kick and chase will never get it done in ECNL and for that matter GA.

Comment

Admittedly, as a biased observer, it was definitely not Stars best showing. They are better than what they showed. They did have a few wins but overall their play will improve as the season gets going. It's tough to jump in when warmer climate teams are outside all year. Not an excuse for Stars average showing but just the reality of playing in warmer climates. All Stars teams will improve in time.

Comment

I'm waiting for a Stars parent to brag about Stars U-12 and U-13 teams. Well... well we didn't do so well in Florida, but our U-12 team is awesome! Take that you meanies. Leave our older girls alone.

Comment

I bet JD was really happy after that weekend

Comment

kick and chase will never get it done in ECNL and for that matter GA.
                        hahahaha kick and chase. Classic FC Stars. Sums up their teams to a tee. Kick and chase works when the girls are younger but you would think the coaches would have the girls pass a little but not at Stars. Kick and chase. I guess if you have a fast girl it works in the northeast.

Comment

I bet JD was really happy after that weekend
                          He's not happy when Select and NEFC handle these Stars ECNL teams regularly. I guess being #3 in the state isn't too bad. Afterall he can sell to the parents that the U-15 and above girls are top 5. Not the best but top 5 is good.

Comment

Admittedly, as a biased observer, it was definitely not Stars best showing. They are better than what they showed. They did have a few wins but overall their play will improve as the season gets going. It's tough to jump in when warmer climate teams are outside all year. Not an excuse for Stars average showing but just the reality of playing in warmer climates. All Stars teams will improve in time.
                            So, Stars' player don't play throughout the fall? When's the last time they touched a ball?

Comment

So did JD ream his teams or was he ok with the performance

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X