X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    SG didn’t do the furlough, The GPS CEO, KC did the furlough
    A lot of things SG didn’t do. Guy never watched a soccer game in his whole entire time and now he’s the man to fix youth soccer. Ask him who took coaches to court. You’ll get another lie

Comment

SG was a big problem for GPS/Legacy. Think of the millions that they spent on legal fees by suing everyone. Where did all the money go from parents' payment? Legal fees.

I see his latest tweet is about how GPS abused the J1 visa program and that the people they brought over on that were coaching and underpaid. Well, he was CEO when that was at its peak. Did he not know? He had 3-4 people in HR. What were they doing? Is he going to pretend that he didn't know that these staff members were coming over and getting underpaid and coaching? Did he never look at payroll (since according to his book he was always skeptical of things at GPS)?

What about the email that was sent to management outlining the poor treatment and poor housing conditions for coaches? Did anything change? Was anything addressed? No, nothing happened. The only result of that was the IT person sending the email, originally only sent to a hand full of people, to everyone in the club saying 'do not respond.'

I know SG likes to paint himself as this fantastic person, but reading his book (and looking at his stream of tweets where he just promotes his book on anything remotely related) it seems he got into Legacy because he is as greedy as the rest. How else could you explain away the countless times at the beginning of the book where he said, 'this didn't look good/this didn't feel right/I didn't agree with how they were doing this/this was a red flag' but still took a job at the company because he saw their revenue and dollar signs. Why else would an investor get into youth soccer? To make money.

Everything that he says in his book at JB, PB, AP, etc. it is all true, but the guy makes no responsibility or blame for the goings on at the company during his tenure as CEO.

Comment

Very well said, he puts the majority of the onous on the VC Firm and Board of Directors at the end,

Does any CEO type person ever talk themselves down a book they wrote especially if they are not of retirement age, never....

SG was a big problem for GPS/Legacy. Think of the millions that they spent on legal fees by suing everyone. Where did all the money go from parents' payment? Legal fees.

I see his latest tweet is about how GPS abused the J1 visa program and that the people they brought over on that were coaching and underpaid. Well, he was CEO when that was at its peak. Did he not know? He had 3-4 people in HR. What were they doing? Is he going to pretend that he didn't know that these staff members were coming over and getting underpaid and coaching? Did he never look at payroll (since according to his book he was always skeptical of things at GPS)?

What about the email that was sent to management outlining the poor treatment and poor housing conditions for coaches? Did anything change? Was anything addressed? No, nothing happened. The only result of that was the IT person sending the email, originally only sent to a hand full of people, to everyone in the club saying 'do not respond.'

I know SG likes to paint himself as this fantastic person, but reading his book (and looking at his stream of tweets where he just promotes his book on anything remotely related) it seems he got into Legacy because he is as greedy as the rest. How else could you explain away the countless times at the beginning of the book where he said, 'this didn't look good/this didn't feel right/I didn't agree with how they were doing this/this was a red flag' but still took a job at the company because he saw their revenue and dollar signs. Why else would an investor get into youth soccer? To make money.

Everything that he says in his book at JB, PB, AP, etc. it is all true, but the guy makes no responsibility or blame for the goings on at the company during his tenure as CEO.

Comment

Keep deflecting away from your husband. Good effort

Comment

No knock warrant time.

Comment

All these guys criticizing SG are just SB guys trying to deflect and slur. You'll be going down with him.

Comment

Slave labor? Get over yourself and go visit a Nike shoe or IPhone factory. And yeah, I’m sure you have both.
                Or just look in good old USA.... built on slave labor (#1619)

Comment

Or just look in good old USA.... built on slave labor (#1619)
                  Many countries were. Just an unfortunate way of life back then.

Comment

Many countries were. Just an unfortunate way of life back then.
                    Unfortunate for those enslaved. I wasn’t “ a way of life”

Comment

Human history is ugly. Don’t pretend we are a nice species or that the relatively current instance of enslavement in the US is unique.

Comment

Actually it was.

Comment

What’s next I wonder?

https://www.soccertoday.com/former-g...ult-of-minors/

Comment

https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/lo...7d00d6dc5.html

Another one of the B’s best hires

Comment

But wait, there’s more. 2 to 5 years in prison

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/f...a-fraud-scheme

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                                but wait, there’s more. 2 to 5 years in prison

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/f...a-fraud-scheme
                                get a life

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X