Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why is moving to MA all about some sort of nefarious plan? NH hasn't proven to have solid clubs by way of coaching and longevity. Classics turned into GPS NH and we all know how that ended. Seacoast has been around a long time but the coaching staff is mainly second rate. So maybe someone actually chose to move to MA because of a particular club or a particular coach and not because their weak player couldn't shine in NH.
    Maybe that's the case. I know of players who moved to MA to follow a particular coach [which is always a stupid plan] and were left in the dust when that coach moved on. But, I do agree getting a good coach and club that you are comfortable with is a key. No issues there. If one feels as you say; I personally disagree as there are some fantastic NH-based coaches, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The discussion was around the "need" to go to MA for visibility [increasing your odds] which, if presented that way, would be a concern if someone really thought that through.

Comment

The discussion was around the "need" to go to MA for visibility [increasing your odds] which, if presented that way, would be a concern if someone really thought that through.
      When you are thinking about your own argument, how far do you go? Do you believe this philosophy applies to most things in life? Just soccer? Just Club soccer? Why not make the same argument for those who chase a coach to improve their abilities as looking to stack odds in their favor?

Comment

Doesn't sound like the type of player we are talking about, does it?

I also know of players who rarely played on NH teams and have made top teams on Mass teams. What's your point?
        This is not true. Players who rarely played on GPS NH or Seacoast GA teams have not moved to MA and are now on Stars or Scorpions ECNL or NEFC GA or SSS GA. So not true and your credibility just decreased even more.

Comment

This is not true. Players who rarely played on GPS NH or Seacoast GA teams have not moved to MA and are now on Stars or Scorpions ECNL or NEFC GA or SSS GA. So not true and your credibility just decreased even more.
          I agree with the other poster. We had a girl who didn't play a lot on my daughter's DA team who now plays on a Stars ECNL team. Super nice kid and I hope she succeeds in achieving her goals, but she rarely started and would often play less than 30 minutes per game. That being said, she'd be welcomed back in a heartbeat. Another girl also moved from Seacoast to NEFC; she did play a lot more but she's also played for 5 teams in 6 years, so take that for what it's worth.

That's just a couple of cases; I doubt there are many more.

-Seacoast dad

Comment

When you are thinking about your own argument, how far do you go? Do you believe this philosophy applies to most things in life? Just soccer? Just Club soccer? Why not make the same argument for those who chase a coach to improve their abilities as looking to stack odds in their favor?
            That talent will always be found, no matter the situation.

Comment

That talent will always be found, no matter the situation.
              I think you are being overly simplistic. Our personal opinion is to ensure our daughter is in the best situation to meet her goals that we can provide. I have nothing against ECNL and would gladly be there if we could make it work. Hence the reason why we turned down their offer. Everyone should do what they want to do and make it work the best they can. Of course great players will be found, but they need to stand out. It won't be as easy; we accept that and have planned accordingly.

-Seacoast dad

Comment

I agree with the other poster. We had a girl who didn't play a lot on my daughter's DA team who now plays on a Stars ECNL team. Super nice kid and I hope she succeeds in achieving her goals, but she rarely started and would often play less than 30 minutes per game. That being said, she'd be welcomed back in a heartbeat. Another girl also moved from Seacoast to NEFC; she did play a lot more but she's also played for 5 teams in 6 years, so take that for what it's worth.

That's just a couple of cases; I doubt there are many more.

-Seacoast dad
                There are 4 Stars ECNL teams per age group. The 4th team is decent, not great. That is where she ended up. Nice try.

Comment

Check out Top Drawer Soccer which lists most commits and I've never seen a girl not listed on there from NH that's been committed and with girls 2021 there's 4 listed going D1 from NH and about 30 from MA. Boys side 2021 there's 1 listed going D1 from NH and 1 listed going pro (and that player did NOT only play GPS NH as you stated earlier) and is listed as for playing New England Revolution and from MA there's 1 boy going pro and about 20 listed going D1.

So 5 from NH going D1 and 50 from MA so its' 20:1 for boys and I see I'm 10:1 for both
                  Since you mentioned Top Drawer Soccer, here is an article detailing the influence and prevalence of ECNL on the Women's National Team player pool. Note this article is nearly 6 years old and that influence has continued to grow.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/ecnl-era-fast-approaching-for-uswnt_aid36606

You may find some solace in that fact that they mentioned your older system of talent discovery as the foundation of the 2015 Women's Team.

Comment

There are 4 Stars ECNL teams per age group. The 4th team is decent, not great. That is where she ended up. Nice try.
                    Sorry, no. She is on the ECNL White team (not the Regional teams).

Nice try as well.

-Seacoast dad

Comment

Since you mentioned Top Drawer Soccer, here is an article detailing the influence and prevalence of ECNL on the Women's National Team player pool. Note this article is nearly 6 years old and that influence has continued to grow.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/ecnl-era-fast-approaching-for-uswnt_aid36606

You may find some solace in that fact that they mentioned your older system of talent discovery as the foundation of the 2015 Women's Team.
                      I could be wrong, and if so I'm sure someone will quick to let me know, but the date of that article is telling. It's my understanding the USWNT pulled mostly from DA teams since they started, and are still pulling from GA teams today. Now, of course, any player who is able to play at that level should have the chance, no matter the league.

Not something I am directly discussing since nobody I know has interest in playing for the USWNT.

Comment

I could be wrong, and if so I'm sure someone will quick to let me know, but the date of that article is telling. It's my understanding the USWNT pulled mostly from DA teams since they started, and are still pulling from GA teams today. Now, of course, any player who is able to play at that level should have the chance, no matter the league.

Not something I am directly discussing since nobody I know has interest in playing for the USWNT.
                        Whether it be ECNL or DA/GAL, it is an elite club league. It refutes the argument that talent will be found wherever it may be, ie highschool/town only.

Comment

Whether it be ECNL or DA/GAL, it is an elite club league. It refutes the argument that talent will be found wherever it may be, ie highschool/town only.
                          Ok, you got me. When talking about National Team level talent, you would need to have a much more "professional" background.....

Comment

Ok, you got me. When talking about National Team level talent, you would need to have a much more "professional" background.....
                            FF Sake. The world is not binary.

Comment

FF Sake. The world is not binary.
                              I agree. For many goals in life, there are options to get there and it's not a yes/no path to follow. Not sure why the effort is out there to present it as is, but it's constantly been proved that there are alternate paths to reach your goals.

Comment

I agree. For many goals in life, there are options to get there and it's not a yes/no path to follow. Not sure why the effort is out there to present it as is, but it's constantly been proved that there are alternate paths to reach your goals.
                                And nobody said there isn't, just saying some paths make things easier and those paths shouldn't be deemed unnecessary and excessive just because you chose a different one.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X