Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coverage for girls sports

Media coverage for girls high school sports is terrible in comparison to high school football and boys sports.Shameful.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Media coverage for girls high school sports is terrible in comparison to high school football and boys sports.Shameful.
    People care about boys football, baseball, basketball, and around here hockey. Maybe golf for old fogies and a little tennis. Only the kid’s parents care about the rest. The media is just a reflection of us.

Comment

Shameful? Media covers whatever drives clicks
      Seems reasonable to assume you are referring to girls soccer since you posted on TS.
      We had a huge early season HS soccer game pitting #3 Winchester vs #3 Natick last Sat that also had the D1 v D2 angle. Other than the 2 or 3 parent posts, even TS didn't care.

Comment

There are very few local newspapers left. If they do remain, they are likely not independent but part of a larger consortium.

On the other hand, you probably stopped buying and reading the paper before your daughters were even born. Actions have consequences.

Comment

You realize you could submit a write-up to your local paper, right? They would probably welcome it.

Comment

I still buy newspapers and I still expect fair coverage of all sports.

Comment

No

One

Cares

Comment

Obviously some do.

Comment

Little Mia with an empty scrapbook?

Comment

It's a business, and a dying one at that. If covering local sports costs them more than it brings in then it won't happen. Just like with US pro sports, people only care about HS football, basketball and baseball. Soccer, let alone girl's HS soccer? Not so much

Comment

Tough, because without more coverage it's hard to drive interest. But, reality is, space is limited and interest is the same.

Comment

Bs doesn’t take big money to have aspiring journalists cover girls sports.

Comment

Baseball? Girls soccer may not be worth covering, but at least its the top dog sport for girls

Comment

Bs doesn’t take big money to have aspiring journalists cover girls sports.
                            By aspiring do you mean unpaid? Because at the local level that's about all any local publication can afford these days. And who will read it? Almost no one. Business is business.

Comment

Make all the excuses you can .Girls sports unfairly gets no coverage.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X