Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Should not have happened, I agree. But come on, everybody rates people on appearance. It's just how life is. Pretty people always have the advantage.

The other part should have never been out there.
    Did you miss the sarcasm dripping off the outrage comment?
    The pretty do have an advantage, but hire the ugly, they work harder

Comment

It is known in the area to stay away from Harvard men soccer. They have a reputation of extending verbal offers and then taking them back. They could have a very good program but it is not a priority sports for Harvard.
      You are a tool. If my kid could get in. Yeah, you stay away and let the rest of us dream.

Comment

I appreciate the heads up, though.

Comment

Did you miss the sarcasm dripping off the outrage comment?
          The pretty do have an advantage, but hire the ugly, they work harder
          Didn’t miss it at all. Coach had done a goof job building the program but got caught up in this. He should have bailed as soon as things died down. Program needs a complete reboot and some time for the embers to die out. Meanwhile avoid Harvard for Men’s Soccer.

Comment

Ha ha, I'm the OP and not a coach. My son has interest from another ivy school, much higher ranked, and no interest from Harvard. I'm trying to figure out why the "better" soccer school is interested in my son but Harvard is not. Yes, it could be my son and nothing to do with Harvard, I know that.
            So you put this out on an anonymous thread where almost everyone has no clue what they’re talking about?

Comment

Didn’t miss it at all. Coach had done a good job building the program but got caught up in this. He should have bailed as soon as things died down. Program needs a complete reboot and some time for the embers to die out. Meanwhile avoid Harvard for Men’s Soccer.
              Freudian slip.

Comment

Their assistant coach is gone so maybe things will look up. They have some good players. We go to all the local games.
                BS. he’s still there. People posting crap here have some axe to grind.

Comment

You are a tool. If my kid could get in. Yeah, you stay away and let the rest of us dream.
                  No you are the tool. If you could get into Harvard without soccer, then that is a great move. The point being, if soccer is your path to an Ivy, pick ones that live up to their offers. Why invest in a program that first is not very good and two is not honest with recruits.

I think almost all of the people commenting here have not had their son go thru recruiting and now playing college soccer. I have and am giving this advice to help you all. The recruiting process is too enough on the kids and families, the last thing you need to do is waste your time.

Comment

No you are the tool. If you could get into Harvard without soccer, then that is a great move. The point being, if soccer is your path to an Ivy, pick ones that live up to their offers. Why invest in a program that first is not very good and two is not honest with recruits.

I think almost all of the people commenting here have not had their son go thru recruiting and now playing college soccer. I have and am giving this advice to help you all. The recruiting process is too enough on the kids and families, the last thing you need to do is waste your time.
                    In the Ivys verbal offers are contingent upon a strict admissions giving the ok. I know of a couple that were rescinded but these were because of grades and scores getting much worse. That said, the previous asst coach Delano was an incompetent jerk. I know Princeton has done that too. Brown and Columbia have been known to do that too. Can’t blame them for that. The student has to be able to do cut it academically.

Comment

I figured he was the one who started the thread. He’s such a class act. I knew him from UML. Nightmare.
                      UML is going nowhere fast either. Seems without fresh players from Croatia they aren't much.

Comment

They thought it was private. Most people don't understand how google works.
                        Once it got leaked and outed, its' salacious content went viral fast. Note that the 2016 team was punished for something the 2012 team started - ostensibly for the cover-up more than the content.

either way, I am outraged and shocked that college athletes rate members of the opposite sex on their appearance and make fantastic sexual claims.
                        If they were rating other males Harvard would have let it go.

Comment

In the Ivys verbal offers are contingent upon a strict admissions giving the ok. I know of a couple that were rescinded but these were because of grades and scores getting much worse. That said, the previous asst coach Delano was an incompetent jerk. I know Princeton has done that too. Brown and Columbia have been known to do that too. Can’t blame them for that. The student has to be able to do cut it academically.
                          Anyone with a son going through academic recruiting (not just Ivies) knows you have to pass the preread, and knows you have to hit the AI for Ivies. Not passing and getting an offer rescinded does not reflect badly on the coach, in my opinion. What would be bad is passing the preread, getting an offer, but then the coach rescinding and declining to support the applicant. Especially bad if it's down to the wire and the kid may have turned down other opportunities.

Comment

Anyone with a son going through academic recruiting (not just Ivies) knows you have to pass the preread, and knows you have to hit the AI for Ivies. Not passing and getting an offer rescinded does not reflect badly on the coach, in my opinion. What would be bad is passing the preread, getting an offer, but then the coach rescinding and declining to support the applicant. Especially bad if it's down to the wire and the kid may have turned down other opportunities.
                            You didn’t mention the fact that the student not only has to pass the preread but also has to MAINTAIN his/her grades as they were while taking challenging courses all thru senior year AND write a good application(essay especially) with good references. Some students think they can coast after getting the nod on the preread. They take lame courses senior year and/or do much worse grade-wise and/or submit a poor application. Sometimes it’s the coach’s fault as well for not warning the student. I think most Ivys especially Harvard and Princeton are very upfront with the recruits about this very real and legitimate scenario.

Comment

You didn’t mention the fact that the student not only has to pass the preread but also has to MAINTAIN his/her grades as they were while taking challenging courses all thru senior year AND write a good application(essay especially) with good references. Some students think they can coast after getting the nod on the preread. They take lame courses senior year and/or do much worse grade-wise and/or submit a poor application. Sometimes it’s the coach’s fault as well for not warning the student. I think most Ivys especially Harvard and Princeton are very upfront with the recruits about this very real and legitimate scenario.
                              Getting an athlete into an Ivy isn't that difficult. If the coach wants the player, he'll make it happen. That might mean the sixth recruit doesn't make it through, but certainly a "top" recruit will.

Even so, let's assume it's equally difficult for the Harvard Princeton Yale triumvirate. Princeton's coach seems to be outperforming both Harvard and Yale - they're recruiting from the same pool of players.

Comment

Getting an athlete into an Ivy isn't that difficult. If the coach wants the player, he'll make it happen. That might mean the sixth recruit doesn't make it through, but certainly a "top" recruit will.

Even so, let's assume it's equally difficult for the Harvard Princeton Yale triumvirate. Princeton's coach seems to be outperforming both Harvard and Yale - they're recruiting from the same pool of players.
                                Princetons' women's team is also an up and comer. Maybe the school/AD has kicked in more of an effort to support their sports

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X