X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    95% of the high school girls would not make a GDA team
    The remaining 5 percent includes hundreds of players of great, good and just above average ability and many of them would not sign up for the time and money suck of GDA or ECNL even if they were put on the roster. Is what it is. Until girls have something like the boys funded Da, that is very unlikely, I dont see situation changing.

Comment

If HS was just a distraction more kids would give it up and do GDA. They're not, and they certainly won't if they don't think GDA is worth it (poor quality matches, travel, cost). While there some politics with the ECNL clubs that left DA, they also did it because their customers wanted it. As a result GDA lost many good quality clubs and picked up much weaker ones.
      Maybe, maybe not. If you like your club and coaching, then you'd stay there. If you are happy with Stars I don't see a reason to move. They just deal with it, but would prefer to not have to deal with HS.

Most end up in leagues due to where the Club puts them, not because they are beholden to the league itself.

Comment

If you talk to enough people, you'll find some that support your agenda. If one cared enough, they could find probably 10 times more Stars players who are happy to be in ECNL over GDA. It's a matter of who you ask and what angle you're trying to work.

Given that ECNL can and does produce many college players, it doesn't seem playing HS for a couple months is much of a distraction. I may try to work this angle too though if I was a little insecure about my "daughter's" decision to play academy.

Personally, I'd take the "distraction" of HS over a 10 hour round trip to lose 7-0, all under the pretense of development, if the end result of playing in college is identical. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

^^ Seems like someone does have an agenda. I see the attacks are starting.

I merely stated that I was surprised to hear someone with the "HS as a distraction" take. Especially when that is stated as the biggest draw for ECNL (which I always thought was a secondary reason, not the primary).

Again, as I stated, I don't think that was a majority-held opinion, but was surprised to hear it at all and from more than one. I've even stated that if you are happy with your club and coaching, which they are, there is no reason to leave. Glad they have a good spot and are happy, that's all that matters.

[ Good thing we weren't playing in that 7-0 game ;-) ]

Comment

I merely stated that I was surprised to hear someone with the "HS as a distraction" take. Especially when that is stated as the biggest draw for ECNL (which I always thought was a secondary reason, not the primary).

Again, as I stated, I don't think that was a majority-held opinion, but was surprised to hear it at all and from more than one. I've even stated that if you are happy with your club and coaching, which they are, there is no reason to leave. Glad they have a good spot and are happy, that's all that matters.

HS is not the "biggest draw" for ECNL. You are correct that players typically stay with their club (if they have quality coaching, good competition) and don't make a change based on the league.

The situation with Stars and PDA is unique. They were fielding teams in BOTH GDA and ECNL, meaning their players had a choice. Stars (and I'm assuming PDA) found that more of their players wanted to stay with ECNL. It's not just HS--substitution rules, playing 2 games when traveling to other states (GDA travels to NY, NJ and can only play a single game, ECNL can pair up clubs and play one on Saturday, one on Sunday)....

The point is, at the few clubs where players had access to both, it made it more difficult.

Comment

Lol. Ok.

Comment

At least the 7-0 team won a game. Imagine how many clubs you drove by that you could have played a competitive game where both teams got something out of it instead of your kids getting blown out 4-0 and the opponent being bored.

But hey. At least you could brag about your elite kid's away game when you got to work Monday morning.

Comment

Looking at the game reports online there are a lot of new names. A few of the same but at least 40 - 50% of all of the SUSC GDA rosters are new names. That's a sign that there is not enough depth of talent. The U17 team (the real marquee team) would be get beat by the HS girls on All State rosters who are juniors from DI and DII.

The U16 roster last season was mostly DIII level talent. The U17 team is much of the same with a couple of DII prospects.

Comment

Looking at the game reports online there are a lot of new names. A few of the same but at least 40 - 50% of all of the SUSC GDA rosters are new names. That's a sign that there is not enough depth of talent. The U17 team (the real marquee team) would be get beat by the HS girls on All State rosters who are juniors from DI and DII.

The U16 roster last season was mostly DIII level talent. The U17 team is much of the same with a couple of DII prospects.
                    A few on that team being recruited by high D1's.

Comment

A few on that team being recruited by high D1's.
                      Ok Mom...Let’s see how they show up this Saturday playing NEFC 17’s. Make sure you have your D reach out to that college coach to come watch her put up 3 goals (sarcasm) in Mendon.

Comment

I don't get the animosity of some people. Play where you want, for whom you want, when you want, and just enjoy the game.

Such a strange way to go through life. Being anonymous has it's perks, I guess.

Comment

Ok Mom...Let’s see how they show up this Saturday playing NEFC 17’s. Make sure you have your D reach out to that college coach to come watch her put up 3 goals (sarcasm) in Mendon.
                          Wow, you sound angry.

Comment

Coaches come to watch the players, not the team. Glad you are living vicariously through your daughter, but don't discount others. Does bullying make you feel better about yourself?

Comment

To be fair to the moms out there, 95% of these "goooooooo SUSC!" posts are made by one very enthusiastic 04 SUSC dad living through his D. The moms tend to not be quite so bat**** crazy.

Comment

Wait, I thought it was the '05 dad who gets your panties knotted up?

Either way, good to see this thread dissolving into yet another pi55ing contest.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X