USMNT still suck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iceland got every coach UEFA A and B licensed. Kids learn properly from the beginning. Our kids learn initially from parent volunteers then we have to spend years making up for lost time.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Disagree. Just watched the recorded game. While he didn't stand out he played his position reasonably well. Neither of the two second half goals were due to his mistake. Goal number two was definitely the goalie's mistake. Number three; the defense got beat and the left back left his man unattended. Robinson was the only one who made a decent challenge after his teammate was left in the dust.

oh....and why does Sargent take the penalty kick???
      Sorry, but if you can't convert a penalty at this level....well, then you shouldn't be at this level. My 15 year old center back daughter has converted PKs.

Comment

Iceland got every coach UEFA A and B licensed. Kids learn properly from the beginning. Our kids learn initially from parent volunteers then we have to spend years making up for lost time.
        Iceland is also a country of 340,000 people. The most popular sports are handball and soccer. Iceland has 5 divisions of professional soccer. Soccer, in the US is number.......5,6,7???
        Soccer is important to Iceland.....not so much in the US

Comment

Iceland is also a country of 340,000 people. The most popular sports are handball and soccer. Iceland has 5 divisions of professional soccer. Soccer, in the US is number.......5,6,7???
          Soccer is important to Iceland.....not so much in the US
          And even worse, soccer here isn’t about talent as much as the size of your wallet in the pay to play system. It’s a resume-builder for college entrance, not a career.

Comment

Sorry, but if you can't convert a penalty at this level....well, then you shouldn't be at this level. My 15 year old center back daughter has converted PKs.
            Dumb ignorant TS comment. Go back to watching her games

Comment

Fine to say. But, what are your solutions.
              Personally, the only way I see to make a better system is to have residency programs combining soccer and school. The IMG had or has it but has been a mixed success. I don't see this as a failure, but as an absence of more like programs.
              Yes put more wasted time and money into the wrong amount of small players ..... do what they are doing now but in spades on even fewer. I have an idea .... why doesn't USSF get out of the business if training our NT players at the youth level and spend their limited resources on just finding them all over the country ..... even scout the rec leagues if they hear about a player ..... rather than just trust paying clubs and DOCs for their piss-poor recommendations that are clearly not working out. Can we impeach these clowns?

Comment

Yes put more wasted time and money into the wrong amount of small players ..... do what they are doing now but in spades on even fewer. I have an idea .... why doesn't USSF get out of the business if training our NT players at the youth level and spend their limited resources on just finding them all over the country ..... even scout the rec leagues if they hear about a player ..... rather than just trust paying clubs and DOCs for their piss-poor recommendations that are clearly not working out. Can we impeach these clowns?
                your solution is as inefficient as it is costly. But let me re-phrase your suggestion:You would like the US soccer federation to scan, visit, observe the 350 million people spread out over nearly 4000 square miles?

I think it would be better that they set up state or regional residency schools for which any and all can apply and tryout. If you make the team, school and training are free i.e. family wealth has nothing to do with being able attend. This, of course would require a large input of funding to pay for it year after year.

Comment

Dumb ignorant TS comment. Go back to watching her games
                  Original poster is spot on. Every player should be versed in taking PKs at this level. So if you get # 8 or 9 in a shootout what are you gonna do? Back to your hole jerk.

Comment

Original poster is spot on. Every player should be versed in taking PKs at this level. So if you get # 8 or 9 in a shootout what are you gonna do? Back to your hole jerk.
                    k

Previous comments stands and you both are ignorant but can have an opinion.

Comment

your solution is as inefficient as it is costly. But let me re-phrase your suggestion:You would like the US soccer federation to scan, visit, observe the 350 million people spread out over nearly 4000 square miles?

I think it would be better that they set up state or regional residency schools for which any and all can apply and tryout. If you make the team, school and training are free i.e. family wealth has nothing to do with being able attend. This, of course would require a large input of funding to pay for it year after year.
                      You do understand the US is a lot bigger than 4,000 square miles? Even just Connecticut is bigger than 4,000 square miles.

Comment

Asinine comment. Even the greats - Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, etc have missed PKs. U need to get educated in soccer otherwise just shut ur mouth.

Comment

Yes, but also a significant number on top European clubs as well. We should expect better than this. Most of the players have good physical ability and skill, but the soccer IQ is lacking. Berhalter has made some questionable selections and is putting players in the wrong positions, particularly the back line. Sargent too folded under pressure.
                          The US wins by sheer brute as young players but they never develop the intelligence to play smart as adults.

Comment

You do understand the US is a lot bigger than 4,000 square miles? Even just Connecticut is bigger than 4,000 square miles.

oops.....4 million sq miles

Comment

Dumb play on part of the coach and players..Steffan passes short right in front of the goal when Mexico is pressing...then he plays the ball up from the back when Mexico is pressing...left back has no clue what he’s doing...forwards get the ball and run backward consistently...give the PK to Sargent whose never taken one...just awful
                              I agree about Steffan. He had a horrible game. Just looked unsure on just about every clearance (or lack thereof). Many balls booted out of bounds, it was hard to watch. It will be a sad irony if the US finally develops some young talent in to world-class players like Pulisic, Sargent (PK aside) McKennie, etc., and don't have GK that they can count on given that was one position where the US could hold there own against the world with the likes of Howard, Keller, Friedel, Guzan etc. Steffen is young and it was only one game, so we'll see where he goes from here.

Comment

I agree about Steffan. He had a horrible game. Just looked unsure on just about every clearance (or lack thereof). Many balls booted out of bounds, it was hard to watch. It will be a sad irony if the US finally develops some young talent in to world-class players like Pulisic, Sargent (PK aside) McKennie, etc., and don't have GK that they can count on given that was one position where the US could hold there own against the world with the likes of Howard, Keller, Friedel, Guzan etc. Steffen is young and it was only one game, so we'll see where he goes from here.
                                steffen is young, and his MLS stats were always bottom half, but he's got great game tape with some crazy stops so hopefully it's just a maturing thing vs hitting the ceiling.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X