Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where are all these unused facilities just waiting for someone to use?
    Not only that but who will pay for it? Maybe local teams can use school gyms for free but that's about it. Indoor fields cost $$$$$. If a team has to cram into a school gym for the next six weeks that really isn't doing them any good either. Risk (extremely low) vs benefit?

Comment

Not only that but who will pay for it? Maybe local teams can use school gyms for free but that's about it. Indoor fields cost $$$$$. If a team has to cram into a school gym for the next six weeks that really isn't doing them any good either. Risk (extremely low) vs benefit?
      So, we can up your player fees and you'll whine about that.

We can put you on a high school gym, your kid develops knee problems, and you'll whine about that.

Or, you can run the risk of a .0000000001% chance a bug bite will kill you.

Much better to keep them inside and let them play FIFA.

Comment

I am sure you all swim on the Cape beaches too, chances of getting bitten by a shark are low. It's all cool to say the risk is low but in the end it's your kids and a game of soccer, what's more important?

Comment

I am sure you all swim on the Cape beaches too, chances of getting bitten by a shark are low. It's all cool to say the risk is low but in the end it's your kids and a game of soccer, what's more important?
          Just like with sharks, you take reasonable precautions given the very low risks. Don't go into the water if there have been sightings in that area. Be aware of your surroundings. With mosquitos - cover up and spray up. Your kid could just as easily get a bite in your home (they can get inside) or walking to the car from a restaurant when you're not likely to take precautions.

Comment

Be realistic. The odds are still incredibly low. Mosquitoes can be out well into October if the weather cooperates. Do you want your kid to miss all those practices? Talk to your club about alternative practice times during daylight hours.
            Did you miss the sarcasm?

Comment

The chance of getting attacked by a shark is 1 in 11.5 million, and a person's chance of getting killed by a shark is less than 1 in 264.1 million.

I can't stand the beach, so the chances of me personally getting attacked by a shark are zero.

Comment

When my family swims on the Cape we spray our self's with Shark repellent.

Comment

When my family swims on the Cape we spray our self's with Shark repellent.
                  We all wear seal suits dipped in chum.

Comment

Did you miss the sarcasm?
                    Seems like some posters are unnecessarily panicking about it

Comment

Out here in central MA things have ground to a halt. Many towns have closed town fields after 6pm and even told private orgs not to be out after dusk on private land.

Comment

Stay away from woods,bushes,trees,bird baths ,fountains ,sewer drains, puddles ,ponds rivers,streams and lakes.Mosquitos are active all hours of the day.Good luck enjoying the outdoors.Meanwhile people die everyday like clockwork from all types of accidents and causes.

Comment

The long term health effects from all the spraying are more dangerous than the mosquitoes

Comment

The long term health effects from all the spraying are more dangerous than the mosquitoes
                            Millions of mosquitoes yet ZERO soccer players have contracted EEE. Yawn. Much ado about nothing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X