Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The income cutoff for the travel scholarships is for the nearly destitute, like $25,000 a year for a family. There's plenty of families who make more than that but still can't afford the several thousands it costs for DA travel - especially in our very cost of living area. Some clubs make the effort to do group travel to help get better rates, others don't. Clubs build a few scholarships into their budgets, made up for by the fees paid by other players. Not enough make the effort to get sponsors or fundraise to help lower costs or build a scholarship fund.
    Sounds like no matter what is said, you'll have an issue with it.

Comment

Sounds like no matter what is said, you'll have an issue with it.
      Poster is just speaking the truth. Sounds like you can't handle the truth. Do you own a club that readily gives out scholarships? The issues of pay to play are well known.

Comment

Poster is just speaking the truth. Sounds like you can't handle the truth. Do you own a club that readily gives out scholarships? The issues of pay to play are well known.
        Own? No. Help to contribute fundraisers to be used for scholarships to offset tuition for those who can't afford it? Yes.

Comment

Own? No. Help to contribute fundraisers to be used for scholarships to offset tuition for those who can't afford it? Yes.
          Very few clubs fundraise or do other events to raise scholarship money. It's disappointing, yet also understandable. Families are already paying a great deal for their kids and can't stretch much more. Plus contributing to a scholarship fund for pricey soccer doesn't pull at the heart strings like the ASPCA or hurricane relief efforts. So clubs build in some fluff in what they charge full paying families to help cover a few kids in need (usually with required proof of need)

Comment

Very few clubs fundraise or do other events to raise scholarship money. It's disappointing, yet also understandable. Families are already paying a great deal for their kids and can't stretch much more. Plus contributing to a scholarship fund for pricey soccer doesn't pull at the heart strings like the ASPCA or hurricane relief efforts. So clubs build in some fluff in what they charge full paying families to help cover a few kids in need (usually with required proof of need)
            Or they charge high fees or fund raise for the best kids on the team that have parents that refuse to pay or negotiate a discounted tuition, (I'm looking at you Matchfit).

Comment

Or they charge high fees or fund raise for the best kids on the team that have parents that refuse to pay or negotiate a discounted tuition, (I'm looking at you Matchfit).
              MFA is very charitable... with other people’s money

Comment

U14 Matchfit in last place after day one of the ECNL Showcase.

POS TEAMS WINS LOSSES DRAWS GF GA GD POINTS
                1 BRYC Elite Academy ECNL U14 1 0 0 4 0 4 3
                2 Maryland United ECNL U14 1 0 0 3 0 3 3
                3 VDA ECNL U14 1 0 0 3 1 2 3
                4 Ohio Elite Soccer Academy ECNL U14 1 0 0 2 0 2 3
                5 Ohio Premier - Girls ECNL U14 0 0 1 2 2 0 1
                6 CESA ECNL U14 0 0 1 2 2 0 1
                7 Richmond United ECNL U14 0 1 0 0 2 -2 0
                8 Match Fit Academy ECNL U14 0 1 0 1 3 -2 0

Comment

US soccer at it’s best...

Christian Pulisic’s birthday is September 18

Leo Messi is June 24th but was considered too small as a kid

How many players have been pushed out of soccer because they were considered too small or too young?
                  When Christian was coming up, they did Aug 1st to July 31st. Wouldn't that make him one of the older kids in his age group?

Comment

When Christian was coming up, they did Aug 1st to July 31st. Wouldn't that make him one of the older kids in his age group?
                    True, but my point was that now he would probably end up as trapped player. I don’t believe it was an issue prior to age change.

Comment

True, but my point was that now he would probably end up as trapped player. I don’t believe it was an issue prior to age change.
                      If PA Classics are a member of boys DA he is not trapped. Your mind is trapped in a high school glory chase.

Comment

If PA Classics are a member of boys DA he is not trapped. Your mind is trapped in a high school glory chase.
                        I stand corrected. The age change was a brilliant move by US Soccer and truly benefits all children.

Comment

I stand corrected. The age change was a brilliant move by US Soccer and truly benefits all children.
                          No, you're just bitter because your kid is not a US Soccer player and your arguments to find fault with US Soccer are lame.

Comment

2005 Trapped players

Nope, the age change a few years ago is just a re branding/re packaging of the same sh_t product from us soccer....some people were affected, some were not, the younger ages obviously were not affected at all...if we switched it back today to what it was....it would be the same difference.

In the end the Pulisics and Messis would still rise to the top, like cream....The Cream Always Rises to the Top.

Comment

Nope, the age change a few years ago is just a re branding/re packaging of the same sh_t product from us soccer....some people were affected, some were not, the younger ages obviously were not affected at all...if we switched it back today to what it was....it would be the same difference.

In the end the Pulisics and Messis would still rise to the top, like cream....The Cream Always Rises to the Top.
                              The fact that you put Messi and Pulisic in the same sentence says it all.

Comment

2005 Trapped players

The fact that you put Messi and Pulisic in the same sentence says it all.
                                lmao...you are probably right with the pulisic part (i'm just referencing an earlier post from another idiot) but i think you catch my drift. :)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X