Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Relax, and quit moving the goalposts. I don't expect Thorns to dominate in the GDA league; there are far stronger programs there.

But the belief that local HS teams could crush them (the U19s) is laughable. The only one that could come close is Jesuit, as they have loads of high-level club players. The rest would be roadkill.

I don't know why other programs are so insecure about the GDA. If it's as bad as y'all say, leave it alone. The fact that so many folks here feel the need to drag the GDA is a MAJOR tell.
    Sorry I meant to say high level Oregon HS players. Which is an oxymoron. My bad.

Comment

Jesuit 7 Thorns U19 0
      No way. More like 6-1.

Comment

Just because they lose a ton of games doesn’t mean they are bad. Maybe they don’t want to win. Maybe their goals are different like passing and just having fun. Maybe they don’t care if they lose and are just trying to get a little exercise. You don’t know do you.
        Just have fun if you are losing. It's just a game and they are just little kids.

Comment

Sorry I meant to say high level Oregon HS players. Which is an oxymoron. My bad.
          Dang...splat.

Comment

Dang...splat.
            "Mommmmm, grandpa made a mess in his recliner again."

Comment

"Mommmmm, grandpa made a mess in his recliner again."
              That's a mild reaction after watching a girls HS Soccer game in Oregon these days.

Comment

That is sort of funny because you know it isn't true. Just look at the commits that Jesuit has vs. the Thorns. Take a look at the commits from MS and West Salem vs. the Thorns.

Keep pretending if it makes you feel better.
                The bottom line is the college commits are better for the players in Oregon who chose hs soccer over gda. Anyway, Thorns is for girls, whatever level, who only care about soccer. It’s for the girls who’d rather be homeschooled and don’t even want to attend high school at all, much less play for their community high school teams so the point is moot and no one cares on either side. It’s effectively like the thorns players moved out of state.

Back to the topic of OSAA high school soccer, Lakeridge beat West Linn and bumped W Salem out of 4th place. A lot of challengers to spots 2-5!

Comment

The bottom line is the college commits are better for the players in Oregon who chose hs soccer over gda. Anyway, Thorns is for girls, whatever level, who only care about soccer. It’s for the girls who’d rather be homeschooled and don’t even want to attend high school at all, much less play for their community high school teams so the point is moot and no one cares on either side. It’s effectively like the thorns players moved out of state.

Back to the topic of OSAA high school soccer, Lakeridge beat West Linn and bumped W Salem out of 4th place. A lot of challengers to spots 2-5!
                  Thank you for getting this thread back on topic. South Eugene getting a lot of press these days. Are they for real?

Comment

MS crickets

Comment

Title IX mandates create the female college soccer commits, it has nothing to do whether or not a kid plays USYS, US Club or the elite DA or skips HS. Are your really this dense in person? Good God.

Comment

MS crickets
                        No just don't care to take part in bashing teams and kids !..

Comment

Title IX mandates create the female college soccer commits, it has nothing to do whether or not a kid plays USYS, US Club or the elite DA or skips HS. Are your really this dense in person? Good God.
                          Precious when someone who is not very smart calls someone else not very smart.

Comment

Thank you for getting this thread back on topic. South Eugene getting a lot of press these days. Are they for real?
                            I don’t know but Lakeridge and Barlow are creeping into the conversation too. Personal opinion is that Jesuit is in a league of their own and the rest of the top 6 or so are all “for real” but all on the next level down from Jesuit. Spots #2-#7 will be decided by luck/bad luck, injuries/illness and officiating. I think Jesuit is enough better that they will rise above bad luck, injuries and bad officiating.

Comment

Risk/reward of difficult scheduling really shows up starting now. Not sure how S. Eugene rates so high, their schedule looks pretty soft overall, but I am way too lazy to study the ranking formulas.

Comment

I don’t know but Lakeridge and Barlow are creeping into the conversation too. Personal opinion is that Jesuit is in a league of their own and the rest of the top 6 or so are all “for real” but all on the next level down from Jesuit. Spots #2-#7 will be decided by luck/bad luck, injuries/illness and officiating. I think Jesuit is enough better that they will rise above bad luck, injuries and bad officiating.
                                Agree that Jesuit is in a different class and the rest are a toss up that will be determined mostly by luck on any given day.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X