Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Girls ECNL at FC Bucks or FC Delco worth it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I disagree with this statement in full. Both teams have a good history of players in college and in pro soccer.

Delco has had several women - SFarrelly (Thorns; UVA/MacHermann semi-finalist)/Delco; Nicole Barnhart (Utah/Kansas; Stanford; USWNT) played for Delco. No female player from Bucks was ever a MacHermann semi-finalist or on the Sr. NT at the Olympics and/or WC.

Both have very good women soccer history. All teams/clubs go through growing pains or hiccups.
    If you were to ask Farrelly what youth club she played for, she wouldn’t tell you Delco. So Delco doesn’t have a MacHermann semi-finalist either.

Comment

If you were to ask Farrelly what youth club she played for, she wouldn’t tell you Delco. So Delco doesn’t have a MacHermann semi-finalist either.
      My kid played summer ball with her. She said Delco. It is just to show many of these clubs have history that some dont recall. Delco should post their alumnae on their site like they used to.

Comment

Continuing from prior post...lost connection.
        This area has a rich history of soccer girls and guys. And Delco was a big part of it along with Bucks and others. I am not going to trash any if them.

I would go watch some practices and evaluate any team/club before commiting to it.

Comment

My kid played summer ball with her. She said Delco. It is just to show many of these clubs have history that some dont recall. Delco should post their alumnae on their site like they used to.
          Strange because I know the family well and they don’t mention Delco and there is a reason for that. She and her parents manage her Wikipedia page and it clearly doesn’t list Delco as a place she played.

Comment

Strange because I know the family well and they don’t mention Delco and there is a reason for that. She and her parents manage her Wikipedia page and it clearly doesn’t list Delco as a place she played.
            Now that is interesting

Comment

Now that is interesting
              All I can say is that my kid was told Delco and so was I when introduced. Delco has a lot of great alumnae. (male and female). Our area is rich in soccer history. Many great players and coaches have come through our clubs and helped bring soccer into the forefront as far as sports in the US.

I feel that today's generation has no idea what the soccer pioneers of our area did for them, including Delco.

Comment

All I can say is that my kid was told Delco and so was I when introduced. Delco has a lot of great alumnae. (male and female). Our area is rich in soccer history. Many great players and coaches have come through our clubs and helped bring soccer into the forefront as far as sports in the US.

I feel that today's generation has no idea what the soccer pioneers of our area did for them, including Delco.
                The same can be said about many clubs in the area, Lighthouse has a greater history, and that club died too. Delco is only as good the support they get from the Philadelphia Union, and if something were to change at the Union, expect change at Delco. Without the Union there would be no boys program, and the Delco girls program is already dead.

Comment

The same can be said about many clubs in the area, Lighthouse has a greater history, and that club died too. Delco is only as good the support they get from the Philadelphia Union, and if something were to change at the Union, expect change at Delco. Without the Union there would be no boys program, and the Delco girls program is already dead.
                  Agreed. Lighthouse was very good.

No one is saying Delco will continue with girls. The response was a retort that they have never produced any high level college/professional women players. And that is just not true.

If someone wanted to say, they are not what they were, that would be more accurate.

Comment

It doesn't list Delco, but lists Spirit, and Spirit was one of two clubs that combined to make Delco

Comment

It doesn't list Delco, but lists Spirit, and Spirit was one of two clubs that combined to make Delco
                      When did they combine?

Comment

When did they combine?
                        1989 I think

Comment

Spirit and Westmont bailed out FC Delco around 2013 when FC Delco was about to be removed from the development academy. Westmont pulled out, and the majority of people that were Spirit are now back at Penn Fusion. So Delco are back to where they were prior to Spirit and Westmont coming on board, ready to fold.

Comment

Spirit and Westmont bailed out FC Delco around 2013 when FC Delco was about to be removed from the development academy. Westmont pulled out, and the majority of people that were Spirit are now back at Penn Fusion. So Delco are back to where they were prior to Spirit and Westmont coming on board, ready to fold.
                            Spirit was a feeder club for Delco for a long time, prior to 2013. There were many ancillary clubs in the area that fed into Delco, like Nether, etc.

Comment

Spirit was a feeder club for Delco for a long time, prior to 2013. There were many ancillary clubs in the area that fed into Delco, like Nether, etc.
                              Every club in the Philadelphia area was a feeder club for Delco back in the 90's and early 00's, but that stopped, and is the reason why FC Delco is failing today. Spirit, LMSC, PSC and Nether NEVER had an agreement with Delco as feeder programs, if kids left for Delco, they left, but that dried up. Around 2005 clubs like LVU, YMS, LMSC, Philly Soccer Club, Spirit/Penn Fusion and PA Classics had taken over FC Delco, and their players were no longer leaving for FC Delco, because those clubs were getting results and had better coaching. FC Delco has no feeder system today (Westmont and Spirit for a very short time, but gone now), that is why the girls program is ready to fold, and without the DA coming when it did, there would be no more FC Delco boys. Also, without the Union giving support, I doubt FC Delco would be around today in any form.

Comment

Every club in the Philadelphia area was a feeder club for Delco back in the 90's and early 00's, but that stopped, and is the reason why FC Delco is failing today. Spirit, LMSC, PSC and Nether NEVER had an agreement with Delco as feeder programs, if kids left for Delco, they left, but that dried up. Around 2005 clubs like LVU, YMS, LMSC, Philly Soccer Club, Spirit/Penn Fusion and PA Classics had taken over FC Delco, and their players were no longer leaving for FC Delco, because those clubs were getting results and had better coaching. FC Delco has no feeder system today (Westmont and Spirit for a very short time, but gone now), that is why the girls program is ready to fold, and without the DA coming when it did, there would be no more FC Delco boys. Also, without the Union giving support, I doubt FC Delco would be around today in any form.
                                No one said they had anyone had an agreement. Delco was the place to go back in the day. That's all. Geesh.

As someone said the area is rich in soccer history, including Delco. That is true. I agree with you about the Union support and FC Delco. Shame really.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X