Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You keep hiding behind a computer instead of just stating your grievances to the coach. Do me a favor shut up or put up. This is Missy Udowenko Abby is my daughter she works hard earns her spot as do all of the girls. Stop bashing our club and stop talking about our daughters. Or at least stop being a chump and not stating your name!!! Over this crap already grow up all of you !!!
    I respect you coming forward with your ID. For those of us not willing to kiss Brian’s ring it is nit that easy. Coming forward would ensure at worst being cut at best reduced playing time. For what it is worth your daughter does work hard and has earned her spot. This is not true for “all of the girls”.

If coaches and daddy coaches weren’t involved in tryouts and girls were judged by neutral evaluators this team would look a lot different.

You are good people. I know you believe in the idea that those that put in the effort and hard work should be rewarded. I challenge you to open your eyes and see how this isn’t the case on this team.

Comment

I respect you coming forward with your ID. For those of us not willing to kiss Brian’s ring it is nit that easy. Coming forward would ensure at worst being cut at best reduced playing time. For what it is worth your daughter does work hard and has earned her spot. This is not true for “all of the girls”.

If coaches and daddy coaches weren’t involved in tryouts and girls were judged by neutral evaluators this team would look a lot different.

You are good people. I know you believe in the idea that those that put in the effort and hard work should be rewarded. I challenge you to open your eyes and see how this isn’t the case on this team.
      One more thing. Since you feel so comfortable IDing yourselves I challenge you to answer this publicly. Did you decide to come to fc bucks, drive all this way and pay several thousand dollars a year to have your daughter coached by Rixh Finneyfrock or by an unlicensed dad of another girl on the team whose only interest is his own kid.

Comment

Why stay?

One more thing. Since you feel so comfortable IDing yourselves I challenge you to answer this publicly. Did you decide to come to fc bucks, drive all this way and pay several thousand dollars a year to have your daughter coached by Rixh Finneyfrock or by an unlicensed dad of another girl on the team whose only interest is his own kid.
        I think brian on the sideline helps our daughters play better!! Hands down and that isn’t me kissing any rings!! If you’re so unhappy why are you here!! Why?? Leave!! If i was unhappy or thought something wasn’t on the up and up (this is Abby’s 3rd team) i would leave!! I wouldn’t pay, as you say thousands of dollars and then come to a forum to complain but still continue to pay the money!!! It literally makes no sense and what are you teaching your daughter stay in an unhappy situation because of “lack of options” don’t speak up for yourself because it may “hurt your playing time” i can’t even grasp that!! I can’t!!

Brian brossman, i believe, is a good coach. I think his daughter is a good all around player solid player. We’re taking about 12/13 year old girls here some days they aren’t 100% some days they aren’t killing it but if you look at this group as a whole you’ll see as i do that they put their best foot forward and that Brian tries to pull the best out of these girls if you do t see that then why would you stay?

Comment

I think brian on the sideline helps our daughters play better!! Hands down and that isn’t me kissing any rings!! If you’re so unhappy why are you here!! Why?? Leave!! If i was unhappy or thought something wasn’t on the up and up (this is Abby’s 3rd team) i would leave!! I wouldn’t pay, as you say thousands of dollars and then come to a forum to complain but still continue to pay the money!!! It literally makes no sense and what are you teaching your daughter stay in an unhappy situation because of “lack of options” don’t speak up for yourself because it may “hurt your playing time” i can’t even grasp that!! I can’t!!

Brian brossman, i believe, is a good coach. I think his daughter is a good all around player solid player. We’re taking about 12/13 year old girls here some days they aren’t 100% some days they aren’t killing it but if you look at this group as a whole you’ll see as i do that they put their best foot forward and that Brian tries to pull the best out of these girls if you do t see that then why would you stay?
          Brian is a good dad. He’s s good person. He’s a good manager. I’m sure he played some soccer in high school like a lot of soccer dads. I’m sure he watches soccer and understands the hame at some level. But all those things don’t make a good coach and aren’t a substitute for a properly trained and licensed professional coach. Why doesn’t the club advertise him as the assistant? Why ain’t he registered as an assistant coach with ecnl? There is a reason

Comment

Brian is a good dad. He’s s good person. He’s a good manager. I’m sure he played some soccer in high school like a lot of soccer dads. I’m sure he watches soccer and understands the hame at some level. But all those things don’t make a good coach and aren’t a substitute for a properly trained and licensed professional coach. Why doesn’t the club advertise him as the assistant? Why ain’t he registered as an assistant coach with ecnl? There is a reason
            Just so I understand, Missy here again, you’re unhappy because Brian is not registered? Or are you unhappy because his daughter, in your opinion, plays more than she should? Which takes away from your daughters playing time? I’m just trying to narrow down who you are so I can make an informed opinion about if your daughter deserves more playing time? I can assume your daughter plays the same position as his daughter? Which is were your grievance comes from? Let me ask you know to honestly answer, is your daughter happy? Is she becoming a better player? Is she growing and having fun? If you answered no to any of those questions it’s time to move on!! I just can’t grasp why you would stay if your daughter is so unhappy? I just ask Abby if she likes her team, she said I love it. I ask if she likes her coach: her response Rich or Brian? I said both she said yes. So my 12 year old daughter doesn’t know Brian doesn’t have a ECNL registration whatever that means! I just think if your daughter is honestly unhappy help her to be happy move her and give her a better soccer experience. But if it’s you who just wants to come on here and bash a coach or a team then maybe you should look at that ? And ask yourself why is 12 / 13 year old girls soccer so important in my life that i have to act a fool on social media!! Just my honest opinion! And lastly, I’d like to add that in my 40 years of life I have never kissed anyone’s ring! I’m honest to a fault and if I don’t like something I address remember it’s all about perception! Again I can agree or disagreee because i don’t know who your daughter is but I do know that all of the girls on this team are amazing soccer player and good kids! I hope you can figure this out and help your daughter be happy. Best of luck to you

Comment

Hello everyone - let me introduce myself. My name is Brian Brossman. I have been following this thread for some time and its been quite sad for me to read. However, I have remained silent as a few of you have anonymously brought up my name and spread rumors about me, misrepresented my qualifications, and attacked my character - all of this I can take, it is what I signed up for when I agreed to volunteer hundreds of hours of my personal time for this group as the team manager, and as an Assistant Coach at the request of Coach Finneyfrock.

However I will no longer stay silent as one of you have decided that my daughter is now fair game for your childish banter. I will not even dignify your ridiculous assertions regarding her playing abilities with a response. Feel free to talk about ME all you want on the sidelines, in your text strings, on this forum, or better yet have the decency to speak to me in person, but keep my daughters name out of your mouth.

Let me set the record straight on a few things:

1) I have NO say in the personnel decisions of this team. Coach Rich decides who plays where, when, and for how long. He conveys that to me and asks me to tell the girls at times.
              2) I do NOT make game time coaching decisions regarding formation, style of play, or tactical changes. Coach Rich will discuss these things with me and HE makes the final call. He will often tell me to communicate certain things to players on the field during the game. Anyone who knows Coach Finneyfrock can tell you - NO ONE influences Rich. He calls the shots. Period.
              3) In August Rich has asked me to be on the sidelines for game and at practices as his Assistant. I reluctantly agreed - but am happy to do so to help him, and the girls. I handle all of the logistical aspects of the sideline for Rich (ex: dealing with referees, game day paperwork, passes at begin & end of halves, first aid kit, tending to injured players, etc.) so that Rich can focus on the game.
              4) I was NOT an evaluator at the TRYOUTS. Rich Finneyfrock, John McGinley and several other Professional Coaches handled they TRYOUTS. I was at a table signing kids in and handing each player a t-shirt. I then handed the list of players to the coaches and began signing in the next group.
              5) Contrary to one comment - I have my “F” and “E” coaching licenses. I am hoping to get my “D” license this year. I played soccer for 17 years before 3 knee surgeries sidelined my career early. I have also coached soccer for 15 years.
              6) I have NEVER and WILL NEVER “put my thumb on the scale” for MY children or anyone else’s. Players earn their place on teams based on their own playing ability. Feel free to ask my two older sons who did not make their respective ECNL teams and are still playing for USYS level teams.

To the lovely parent who stated that people have to “Kiss the Ring” - you should be utterly ashamed of yourself for typing that. Please check yourself - you seem to be doing a lot of deflecting. Don’t put your labels on me without actually speaking to me its misguided and gutless.

I have had lovely conversations with every parent on this team - which saddens me further, because that means someone has smiled at me and been perfectly kind to my face - but has been smearing my name behind my back. Please know that I have never held the feelings, behavior, or comments of a parent against their player. Its not something I believe is fair to the player and is not something our club believes in either.

I encourage you to PLEASE raise your issues with me in person. I am a big-boy, I can handle tough feedback, but for goodness sakes - at least give me a chance to provide an answer to your questions or a counter-viewpoint to your accusations. Posting your beef in this forum is like yelling into a canyon. What is your end game? I hope you are finding no joy in tearing people down - thats too easy. Taking anonymous pot-shots online - too easy. Despite your negativity I will continue to try to rise above and build people up.

Please know, I am extremely proud of this team, this club, and this group of parents. I look forward to seeing this team play and improve and achieve at this level and beyond.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Hello everyone - let me introduce myself. My name is Brian Brossman. I have been following this thread for some time and its been quite sad for me to read. However, I have remained silent as a few of you have anonymously brought up my name and spread rumors about me, misrepresented my qualifications, and attacked my character - all of this I can take, it is what I signed up for when I agreed to volunteer hundreds of hours of my personal time for this group as the team manager, and as an Assistant Coach at the request of Coach Finneyfrock.

However I will no longer stay silent as one of you have decided that my daughter is now fair game for your childish banter. I will not even dignify your ridiculous assertions regarding her playing abilities with a response. Feel free to talk about ME all you want on the sidelines, in your text strings, on this forum, or better yet have the decency to speak to me in person, but keep my daughters name out of your mouth.

Let me set the record straight on a few things:

1) I have NO say in the personnel decisions of this team. Coach Rich decides who plays where, when, and for how long. He conveys that to me and asks me to tell the girls at times.
                2) I do NOT make game time coaching decisions regarding formation, style of play, or tactical changes. Coach Rich will discuss these things with me and HE makes the final call. He will often tell me to communicate certain things to players on the field during the game. Anyone who knows Coach Finneyfrock can tell you - NO ONE influences Rich. He calls the shots. Period.
                3) In August Rich has asked me to be on the sidelines for game and at practices as his Assistant. I reluctantly agreed - but am happy to do so to help him, and the girls. I handle all of the logistical aspects of the sideline for Rich (ex: dealing with referees, game day paperwork, passes at begin & end of halves, first aid kit, tending to injured players, etc.) so that Rich can focus on the game.
                4) I was NOT an evaluator at the TRYOUTS. Rich Finneyfrock, John McGinley and several other Professional Coaches handled they TRYOUTS. I was at a table signing kids in and handing each player a t-shirt. I then handed the list of players to the coaches and began signing in the next group.
                5) Contrary to one comment - I have my “F” and “E” coaching licenses. I am hoping to get my “D” license this year. I played soccer for 17 years before 3 knee surgeries sidelined my career early. I have also coached soccer for 15 years.
                6) I have NEVER and WILL NEVER “put my thumb on the scale” for MY children or anyone else’s. Players earn their place on teams based on their own playing ability. Feel free to ask my two older sons who did not make their respective ECNL teams and are still playing for USYS level teams.

To the lovely parent who stated that people have to “Kiss the Ring” - you should be utterly ashamed of yourself for typing that. Please check yourself - you seem to be doing a lot of deflecting. Don’t put your labels on me without actually speaking to me its misguided and gutless.

I have had lovely conversations with every parent on this team - which saddens me further, because that means someone has smiled at me and been perfectly kind to my face - but has been smearing my name behind my back. Please know that I have never held the feelings, behavior, or comments of a parent against their player. Its not something I believe is fair to the player and is not something our club believes in either.

I encourage you to PLEASE raise your issues with me in person. I am a big-boy, I can handle tough feedback, but for goodness sakes - at least give me a chance to provide an answer to your questions or a counter-viewpoint to your accusations. Posting your beef in this forum is like yelling into a canyon. What is your end game? I hope you are finding no joy in tearing people down - thats too easy. Taking anonymous pot-shots online - too easy. Despite your negativity I will continue to try to rise above and build people up.

Please know, I am extremely proud of this team, this club, and this group of parents. I look forward to seeing this team play and improve and achieve at this level and beyond.

Have a great weekend!
                Say it louder for the people in the back please — Missy

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. Given that you knew this in August, your true role in the team should have been properly disclosed upfront so that people could make informed decisions. For whatever reason you chose not to. You shared with us Rich’s resume and his accomplishments and said you would be the manager. So that everything is transparent and everyone can make informed decisions going forward, perhaps you can share with the team and any potential newcomers your true role, and disclose to everyone the conflict of interest that exists because your daughter is on the team and what steps are taken to minimize that conflict. It might also be helpful to tell everyone whether you would continue to act as manager and assistant coach if your daughter does not make the team. Its widely known the actions you took last year with regards to the team before tryouts even occurred, so if the answer is no, you will not be manager and assistant coach if she doesnt makes the team, It might also be helpful to share that with everyone as well along with any pre-tryout actions you have taken this time around with regard to next soccer year. I think that is the least you can do so people can make informed choices.

Comment

Ill give you some info and save you the drive as my daughter is currently on this team and has played with many of the players on this team for several years. The defense on this team is incredibly strong. This team has two goalies. One is very strong, the other is not as good. Each goalie usually plays half the game. Most of the goals this team has let up have been let up by the weaker of the two goalies. The midfield is mediocre. There is maybe 1 or 2 good midfielders on this team, the other midfielders leave a lot to be desired and could/should easily be replaced with better talent. The offense of this team is where the most help is needed. Right now, there are some good athletes on the offensive side of the ball, but most of them just keep their heads down and refuse to pass the ball. They rarely get a cross or a shot off, or if they do it is not very good since they do not look up. This is why you see so few goals scored by this team. If your kid is a decent midfielder or forward, then she probably stands a good chance to make the team. If your kid is a defender, your kid probably needs to be more than decent to make the team. I hope this helps your decision.
                    Neither goalie on this team is any good. From what I’ve seen the defense covers up for both goalies. If your daughter is a goalie she will probably make this team

Comment

It does not matter who I am the parent of. The stats do not lie.
                      Neither goalie is any good.

Comment

Is this Stew who started this whole thread? He was a disgruntled parent who sent a classless email to the entire team without the decency to approach Rich, Brian or the club and discuss his concerns with discretion. I would assume someone who would do that would hide behind anonymous posts.

Comment

Keeper

Neither goalie on this team is any good. From what I’ve seen the defense covers up for both goalies. If your daughter is a goalie she will probably make this team
                          I think a new goal keeper has been identified

Comment

I think a new goal keeper has been identified
                            Then your team will be even more difficult to beat now.

Comment

Outsiders opinion

Please stop calling out individual kids you classless pieces of ****.

Comment

FC Bucks is just glorified Parkwood. Trashy and clueless. Poor coaching, administration and parents! EL was the only decent aspect of FC Bucks, and without him it is a sinking ship.

Stay away!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X