Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Being as objective as possible about the kickball analogy and watching Shepard Hill, Shrewsbury, Wachusett, Algonquin, and Nashoba except for the Nashoba player and the Shrewsbury player (Holy Name player too) very few of these girls will go on to play college or even Division 1 soccer. I’m sure most wouldn’t want to. When you watch good players it has nothing to do with kickball but their movement on and off the ball. Many of the players that are talked about and have high stats aren’t good enough to play in college or at least not in soccer maybe for other sports. You are correct that buying field hockey sticks is a good move for most parents.
    Look at the top teams in CMass and do your research. About half of the senior class will play soccer in college. Usually 1-2 from each team will play Div. 1 or 2, and then a handful will play Div. 3. And then half will quit after a year or two in college, but that's a different story.
    You might discredit the level of ability of these teams and call it substandard in your mind, but comparatively speaking, the top CMass teams are among the best in the state year in and year out. Not sure what else you want from them.

Comment

Being as objective as possible about the kickball analogy and watching Shepard Hill, Shrewsbury, Wachusett, Algonquin, and Nashoba except for the Nashoba player and the Shrewsbury player (Holy Name player too) very few of these girls will go on to play college or even Division 1 soccer. I’m sure most wouldn’t want to. When you watch good players it has nothing to do with kickball but their movement on and off the ball. Many of the players that are talked about and have high stats aren’t good enough to play in college or at least not in soccer maybe for other sports. You are correct that buying field hockey sticks is a good move for most parents.
      Anyone who's watched these teams "being as objective as possible" knows why this post is pure trolling. The offended mom spotted it a mile away.

Comment

I honestly think your post is just a ploy to provoke others to post an onslaught of disparaging remarks against a player (or players) you've highlighted and I really don't think that's appropriate or very kind. I don't know why there's so much hate and envy for these players. It's really disgusting.
        I agree with you. The girl from Nashoba who was called one dimensional by some jealous dad is probably behind this. I think the top girls on all the teams mentioned have targets on their backs by a lot of the parents who are so jealous their daughters aren’t as good. It’s sad these top girls are constantly demeaned. Their teammates don’t feel that way.

Comment

Wach vs Algonquin

Wachusett won 1-0. Anyone go to the game? Who carried the play??

Comment

With over 300 DI schools alone, I'd say more than a couple will have the opportunity to play in college.

Comment

NM ties Westborough 0-0. Real snoozer

Comment

With over 300 DI schools alone, I'd say more than a couple will have the opportunity to play in college.
                My older daughter is currently playing division 1 soccer and my younger daughter will not play in college. I can tell you if your daughter (during her freshmen year and early sophomore year) isn't having conversations with coaches through another club coach or at a camp she was personally invited to its not going to happen. Division 3 is another story and that recruiting cycle can go late into their junior year. I think some parents on Talking Soccer actually believe you can still get recruited through HS. It is a process that completely goes through her club.

Comment

Not official but the seedings look like this:

1. Algonquin
                  2. Wachusett
                  3. Westboro
                  4. NM
                  5. Grafton
                  6. Nashoba
                  7. GD
                  8. Tantasqua
                  9. Fitchburg
                  10. Doherty

Comment

I agree with you. The girl from Nashoba who was called one dimensional by some jealous dad is probably behind this. I think the top girls on all the teams mentioned have targets on their backs by a lot of the parents who are so jealous their daughters aren’t as good. It’s sad these top girls are constantly demeaned. Their teammates don’t feel that way.
                    Everyone knows who wrote the post, Mom.

Comment

It’s not the player’s fault when it’s the one dimensional coaching strategy that is “boot the ball” to the striker. This strategy makes it easier for the other teams to shut down most star strikers.

Comment

I don’t care if a mom or dad wrote an incendiary post. The point is the jealous rants of parents living vicariously through their daughter’s high school soccer needs to stop. Parents need to let their kids have fun. That’s what high school sports are all about. This isn’t the olympics.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2595957]It’s not the player’s fault when it’s the one dimensional coaching strategy that is “boot the ball” to the striker. This strategy makes it easier for the other teams to shut down most star strikers.[/QUOTE
                          Spot on! Every team’s good players have been scouted. If they are goal scorers or strikers they will be double and triple teamed. If the only strategy is to get the ball to them it is easy to defend one person. The fact that these girls still score a lot of goals under these circumstances is a testament to their ability.

Comment

I don’t care if a mom or dad wrote an incendiary post. The point is the jealous rants of parents living vicariously through their daughter’s high school soccer needs to stop. Parents need to let their kids have fun. That’s what high school sports are all about. This isn’t the olympics.
                            Jealousy? Where's the jealousy? How good the player actually is has nothing to do with it. The parent living vicariously through their daughter isn't really the problem either. I would like to think that containing that emotion in public to the point of not being an obnoxious ******* is asking too much, but it clearly is. I honestly feel for those players, by high school they know how much their parents are embarrassing themselves and you can bet they've said something about it the minute they get home after the game. These notorious nutjob parents can't help themselves though, it's not like they've never been told what's the right way to act. So as long as they act like *******s, getting called out on TS is going to happen, especially if they're going to post here pimping their kid. I only wish these coaches confronted these parents directly and told them to STFU during the games.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2595973]
                              The fact that these girls still score a lot of goals under these circumstances is a testament to their ability.
                              I don't really disagree much with what you were trying to say, except stats can be deceiving. It could also be a testament to the quality of competition. A few teams haven't allowed more than a dozen goals on the entire season and a few have allowed dozens. Some of the best players don't even play much against weaker teams, some of the best players get most of their scoring done against them.

Comment

Not official but the seedings look like this:

1. Algonquin
                                2. Wachusett
                                3. Westboro
                                4. NM
                                5. Grafton
                                6. Nashoba
                                7. GD
                                8. Tantasqua
                                9. Fitchburg
                                10. Doherty
                                When are the first round games?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X