Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aztecs in trouble?!?!?

I heard from a friend who's daughter was on the NEP U13 Girls that the Aztecs just
    lost the U13 Girls Team? Did this have anything to do with
    Doc leaving the club? Hearing he is now with the Breakers? Any truth to this?

Aztecs in trouble?!?!?

That club is a time bomb. With GC running the club it's just a matter of time before they close shop!!!

Comment

Yes the team left with him and yes they he went to breakers, but they can't play games under him for the rest of the year so they'll probably come back when they realize how much money they wasted. Other than that no one else left and I wouldn't say the club is a "ticking time bomb" As people continue to run away from NSU and other new north shore clubs (stars north, nefc metro north, breakers north) its only helping aztec.

Comment

Aztecs in trouble?!?!?

The usual posting from the Aztec management. Always trying to confuse parents and bashing on other clubs. We are one of the family that left and we could not wait for a chance to leave. You think, we, the parents can’t read through your BS?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Yes the team left with him and yes they he went to breakers, but they can't play games under him for the rest of the year so they'll probably come back when they realize how much money they wasted. Other than that no one else left and I wouldn't say the club is a "ticking time bomb" As people continue to run away from NSU and other new north shore clubs (stars north, nefc metro north, breakers north) its only helping aztec.
          Wasted money is anything under the new Aztec management team. This post is an example of the new arrogance and complete disconnect from what's going on. I can't wait for this circus to finish.

Comment

Aztecs in trouble?!?!?

Aztecs are not what they used to be over charging their customers and producing very little. Their teams now are just average and not even placed at the highest grouping in NEP. I came over to the Aztecs from another club with all the hype that this was the best place for my child and believed all the BS that was said to me. Lesson learned the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Comment

Aztecs are not what they used to be over charging their customers and producing very little. Their teams now are just average and not even placed at the highest grouping in NEP. I came over to the Aztecs from another club with all the hype that this was the best place for my child and believed all the BS that was said to me. Lesson learned the grass is not always greener on the other side.
              I agree but you do realize that Aztecs play in the NPL right? The money train has pulled in and soccer is a second thought. Doc leaving for me is big because you knew he loved Aztec. I never saw the guy in anything but Aztec gear even when he wasn't working. I can't watch training anymore I just go drink.

Comment

Why can they not play under Doc for the rest of the year.

Comment

Doc, why start or perpetuate posts on here?

Comment

Aztec is a mess. Constant nonsense.

Comment

I don't buy most of this stuff:

1. A U13 team leaves so now the club is falling apart. They're better off without half of these parents. Once their little superstar is riding the bench (or the new team doesn't have enough wins), then they'll be off chasing the next club and bashing the prior one.

2. Undoubtedly a big loss on the girls side for the coach to leave. There were 5 guys who were the core of the club, and only 3 are left, which is too bad. But the longevity of tenure is still pretty impressive compared to most. And the loss is basically irrelevant on the boys side, and it's not like there aren't any good coaches left on the girls side. You can say it matters on the DOC position, and I guess time will tell, but I observed no noticeable change in coaching at the club during the coach's tenure as DOC.

3. As far as the Stars guy goes, it appears there's a bunch of people on this site who don't like him, and somehow it's his fault that club soccer is now a business. Never met the guy, and sounds like I don't want to. I think he mostly impacts me in 3 ways: cost, fields, who they get for coaches. Again, I haven't noticed much of a change in any of this either- the fields have always been not great (not much can be done on the north shore), and the coaching has been consistent over time (but we've been lucky to usually have one of the core 5, and the others have also been good). I hadn't noticed the fees moving out of whack with other comparable clubs, but it's not like any of the big clubs are doing this just for fun- it's a business.

Comment

Don't worry, Aztecs is fine. Danvers DIS is packed every day and on weekend, as far as I can see. Nothing has changed for my kid, except I saw new faces (who played at other clubs) trying out for the team. Aztecs offers three practice a week during fall and spring season, most other clubs only offer two. So far so good for me.

Comment

I don't buy most of this stuff:

2. Undoubtedly a big loss on the girls side for the coach to leave. There were 5 guys who were the core of the club, and only 3 are left, which is too bad. .......
                          OK, I'll bite. Who else left, besides Doc?

Comment

Aztecs in trouble?!?!?

what does DIS have to do with the Aztecs? They only rent space there!

Comment

The club is fine there is no stable club on the north shore except for them anymore so their numbers are only increasing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X